You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default my next arrow test .

im going to be setting up 12 st axis nanos on the hooter shooter . 500's with 100 grain points . he also wants me to do the arrows with firenocks on them . i wont have the firenocks for awhile so im going to do them with regular nocks first . how much if any do you think the extra weight to the tail of the arrow is going to affect the grouping when i redo them ?

Just curious with the .500 spine what kind of poundage and what arrow length are you shooting???
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

also we are going to need the set up info, in order to make a educated decission......
    I cut things up and split them down!

guardian 58 lbs 26.5 draw . 27.5 arrow .tuning it to shoot is not a problem . what im wondering is what affect the lighted nock is going to have . theres a lot of people that set there bow up for regular arrows than add a lighted nock to one arrow and not think its going to have any affect on there sighting . ive seen some move a arrow as much as well lets just say a lot at 20 yards .i know the point of impact will change but what im wondering is what affect it s going to have on the arrows as a group . il have them shooting 1 hole at 23 yards with the regular nocks . than when the new nocks come in il put them on indexing them the same as the tuned ones where .
    just did some maxima 350 3d selects . the nocks were extra tight on the serving shot them with the hooter and could not get them to group under 2 inches at 23 yards . change nocks and then adjusted them to all go in same hole . ( i use 23 yards because that where i had to set up the machine to keep it out of the way of shooters)

I'll go on record predicting that they affect the group size very little as long as the nocks fit the string properly. I've been wrong before though.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I'll second JC on this. A few grains won't affect the arrow that much, all other things being equal.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

I will 3rd JC i changed to lighted nocks before and seen no differance at 35 yrds. Never tried out to 40 so
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    I'll second JC on this. A few grains won't affect the arrow that much, all other things being equal.
    Yeah but it's not a few grains though.
    Arrow spine will be affected and FOC will be affected.

I don't like having weight on the back end of an arrow at all...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yeah but it's not a few grains though.
    Arrow spine will be affected and FOC will be affected.

I don't like having weight on the back end of an arrow at all...

Ron
    I didn't notice a change on my goldtips out to 40. We'll see what comes of the test.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    guardian 58 lbs 26.5 draw . 27.5 arrow .tuning it to shoot is not a problem . what im wondering is what affect the lighted nock is going to have . theres a lot of people that set there bow up for regular arrows than add a lighted nock to one arrow and not think its going to have any affect on there sighting . ive seen some move a arrow as much as well lets just say a lot at 20 yards .i know the point of impact will change but what im wondering is what affect it s going to have on the arrows as a group . il have them shooting 1 hole at 23 yards with the regular nocks . than when the new nocks come in il put them on indexing them the same as the tuned ones where .
    just did some maxima 350 3d selects . the nocks were extra tight on the serving shot them with the hooter and could not get them to group under 2 inches at 23 yards . change nocks and then adjusted them to all go in same hole . ( i use 23 yards because that where i had to set up the machine to keep it out of the way of shooters)

Those nocks are a lot heavier then the standard nock....so things are going to change. The spine on the shaft is going to change...and they aren't going to hit in the same spot....but you may not have to adjust the rest or the nocking point much.

Question though....why does he want his arrow that long. My arrows have plenty of over hang with a 27" shaft and a 28.25" draw. He is going to have about 3"+ of over hang

actually his arrow is 26 in . grabbed wrong customer sheet .

my results yours may vary.
    500 27 in nanos 383grains reg 398 with lite .
    1st 12 arrows 1 3/4 inch group .
    2nd group about 1 1/2 arrow wide .
    3rd group put in lighted nock group went vertical to about 2 1/4 inch .
    4th group lighted down to 1/2 inch
    5th all 12 practice and lighted 1/2 hole at 23 yards .
    Attached Images Attached Images