You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Angry Fire claims 1000 maybe more!!!!!

Here in Ulster County, town of Rotchester, A fire just claimed the lives of over 1000 acres 5 miles from my moms house. Took the fireman and forest rangers and bulldozer crews more than three days to stop this thing.

And low and behold listening to the scanner at work, these guys were just getting ready to clear out and guess what on the other side of the mountain another fire. The second fire was too far from the first to be caused be the first. I would really like to find the piece of trash that is doing this, thats right i beleive this is deliberate. I also think the person or persons who are doing this are monitoring the radios and just when they think they can go home the next one starts. This is not cool at all.

This same area was plagued w/fires 2 years ago.
    I cut things up and split them down!

oh and guess what the area happens to be????? All state land... Shot a few deer up in that area and always liked it up there. Why would some one do this?

deliberate or carelessness we probably will never find out, but there is no excuse for it. it's been a really dry spring and the tourists are out in full force. so this will most likely be a bad year for fires in this area.

And it is totally avoidable, unless lightning strikes, forest fires donot have to happen.

Several years ago someone got into the area where we hunt and set the place on fire about a week before the opening of deer season. This was all private land, we figured they did it to try and run the deer out of the area. On opening day we were still shoveling dirt onto some hot embers. Talk about some folks that were a pit p'd off. Well as it worked out, they didn't accomplish what they intended on doing. Right in the middle of the burned area I shot the largest deer I have taken on the second day of the season

As long as the fire doesn't take all the trees out, the rest will grow back and pretty quick. You will be suprised how quick the wildlife will return to the area also.

MoBowman ```---------->
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On