You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Nocks whoe best?

I just tried the 3D supernocks- They are great but not all that durable- if you smack an arrow they will break. But they come off the string better than any other i have tried.
    So what does everyone use?
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Try the regular Super Nocks as opposed to the 3D, they are Way more durable and have the same weight, throat dimensions, etc...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

I just took a bunch of the 3d super nocks off my arrows because they were to sloppy on my string. I was afraid the arrow was gonna fall off th string. I put the regular super nocks on and they were fine
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    I just took a bunch of the 3d super nocks off my arrows because they were to sloppy on my string. I was afraid the arrow was gonna fall off th string. I put the regular super nocks on and they were fine
    Yes I had the same issue. I thought my serving was too worn but the nocks were more worn than the serving....

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

3D Supernocks are my choice on easton shafts. I also really like pin nocks but if your looking for durability, stick with 3D supernocks or just plain supernocks.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I have been using Bohning signature nocks they are ok but They seam to tight on the string, With the 3D nocks I could see them getting loose,But I am looking to use them for 3D and target only, I have a bunch of supernocks I'll give em a try.
    (new)FBSA Member

I like Easton G-nocks, but not because they are more durable. Frankly I don't mind the idea of a nock breaking if I smack it. I'd rather it completely shatter vs just a crack that I might not see and reshoot it, leading to a dryfire. Nocks are a whole lot cheaper than new limbs. Of course the best way to make nocks more durable is to not shoot groups. Use multiple bullseyes.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I haven't found any end result advantage to paying extra for "premium" nocks. I've tried several bohning and easton models, and for my skill level (average) and my application (hunting, practice, and a little 3D) no noticeable improvement in group size or noise was found. Yes, I did notice some nocks release easier than others, but as long as it stays on the string in hunting situations, I found no justification for spending the money I have on fancy nocks. Maybe some of you are skilled enough to notice a grouping improvement, I'm not. I will say that I enjoy buying and trying new stuff anyway, even if it proves to be a waste sometimes. It's fun!

I havent seen improved groups, but with the 3D nocks my bow is a wee bit quieter, but I haven't got a ccs yet. Hopefully soon.
    (new)FBSA Member

I am using Bieter Nocks, and IOM are one off the best on the market, but do cost a little more.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

What does a bag of nocks cost again?????

They aren't made to be durable....it's a piece of plastic. Busting nocks is a part of archery.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post

They aren't made to be durable....it's a piece of plastic. Busting nocks is a part of archery.
    I guess you only bust them if youíre good... I havenít busted a nock yet.

I still like my 3D nocks for my Eastons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post

Too True my friend, but When I buy new I want the best thing I can get for my money.

Do the Beiter nocks fit super uni bushing? I have not really given them a look before.
    (new)FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews Man View Post
    Too True my friend, but When I buy new I want the best thing I can get for my money.

Do the Beiter nocks fit super uni bushing? I have not really given them a look before.
    Understandable.....but there is a fine line and nock prices don't very much.

Beiters used to be #2 on my list.....Behind Magnocks...then they went back to #1 after I Magnock sold. But now they are back to #2 because I love the new Bohning pin nocks and whatever their double lock nock one is called.

Beiters are more expensive and they are VERY precise....but they are also the most fragile nock on the market...so if you don't mind busting shafts....go ahead and get them. But since you mentioned in your first post that what you have isn't "durable enough"....you surely are going to be pissed off if you get Beiters...

I robin hooded 1.5 doz shafts up in a 2 weeks shooting Beiters once

Thanks for the info. I dont want a fragile Nock, I want 1 that comes off the string clean and is durable enough to stand -up to daily shooting. I think I am going to go back to plain ol super nocks.

Also what kind of shooting are you doing to Trash 18 arrows I think i would
    (new)FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews Man View Post
    Thanks for the info. I dont want a fragile Nock, I want 1 that comes off the string clean and is durable enough to stand -up to daily shooting. I think I am going to go back to plain ol super nocks.

Also what kind of shooting are you doing to Trash 18 arrows I think i would
    I would suggest looking at the Bohning Double Lock Nock...I think that is what it's called. I have buddies that have been shooting them for the past two years (one being the field champ from last year) and they are IMO much better then the super nocks. The throats are MUCH more consistant and they are "durable".

Just shooting....for regular practice I shoot like I play....so I shoot at single spots all the way out to 100m. Trashing arrows is part of the game. Granted I went through all those shafts but I didn't cry with any of them

I may have to order a dozen double locks and give em a try
    (new)FBSA Member

I really like the QAD TUN-A-NOCKS I have been shooting them for yrs only one I have ever had come loose or break is when i shoot the arrow with another.If you are looking to save tail weight they only weigh 5grns.