You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Turkey frier, peanut oil and LP canister will be on site for Sat. night.
    Great news, the turkey will be there too !
    Thanks !

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Hey Ron, We got off topic a bit.

Smokes we are gonna miss you. We are like a big family around here and sometimes families argue or have squabbles. But in the end we all wanna be there and enjoy quality time with each other. Goldflinger had a great idea,12volts system and holding tank. It would be so great if we could all have what we want but that is just not the way it is. Thank you so much Ron for getting the info for us. Not considering the extra $20 per day traveling to and from the shoot you have to consider the time which we will now be spending sitting around be lazy and lying alot about shots we have made and rabbits we have killed. Everyone needs to be there so we can have a Grand Ole Time.

BACK TO TOPIC.....sorry Ron
    No sorry necessary. That's why this thread exists, to get a count and to recruit folks to come to the shoot.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by watt spurlock View Post
    Im still going, Im taking a camper, I used the link that someone posted to a campground, (thanks). I will have to make a drive each day, and Im not sure how far. Camp timberlake. And I don't really care. I want to meet all you guys and have a great time. Ive never been in this area b4 so I am leaving a day early. If we are going to have some type of party, just let me know what I should bring to help out the cause. See yu guys soon Watt
    Do you need hookups ? If so I would give Glenn at B&B a call. His number is in the first post. If I get a chance I'll give him a call myself and post what he says.

Ron

OK, I just spoke to Glenn at B&B again...

There is an Indiana State Park about 7 miles from Bass and Bucks with full hookups.

The name is Mississinewa Reservoir...
    The general information line is: 765-473-6528
    The reservation line is: 1-866-622-6746
    You can also make reservations at www.camp.in.gov

Glenn said they have concessions, full hookups, primitive camping, a nice beach, nice bathrooms, etc... He said it was a very nice place.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Turkey frier, peanut oil and LP canister will be on site for Sat. night.
    However depending on how many people turn out a 14 pound turkey may not be enough... Hummmm.....

I suppose we could pick up some chicken pieces, some Shorlunch breading and make some fried chicken too since the oil will already be hot. Fried chicken takes next to no time to cook up...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post

There is an Indiana State Park about 7 miles from Bass and Bucks with full hookups.

Glenn said they have concessions, full hookups, primitive camping, a nice beach, nice bathrooms, etc... He said it was a very nice place.

Ron
    Thanks Ron,
    This should solve everyones problems. Those who need hookups will only be 10 minutes away. Now everyone and make up. Let's all just go and have a great time.
    Elite Synergy (311 FPS) - GT Arrows - Sling Braid
    Zona Archery Longbow - Cedar Arrows

Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    Thanks Ron,
    This should solve everyones problems. Those who need hookups will only be 10 minutes away. Now everyone and make up. Let's all just go and have a great time.
    b4 I consider bailing on my current reservation, can anybody tell me how far camp timberlake is from the b&b site. Watt

Quote Originally Posted by watt spurlock View Post
    b4 I consider bailing on my current reservation, can anybody tell me how far camp timberlake is from the b&b site. Watt
    According to google it is 30.0 mi about 51 mins.
    Elite Synergy (311 FPS) - GT Arrows - Sling Braid
    Zona Archery Longbow - Cedar Arrows

Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing

Tell ya what fellas.... We should be right in the middle of sweet corn season. I'll bring a bunch of sweet corn and we can make it on somebody's grill.... I'll also bring the Butta
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Slice View Post
    According to google it is 30.0 mi about 51 mins.
    thanks slice, I would like to be closeer to the party.

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Ron
    I checked this one out many times since late winter trying to git all together and never could get a reservartion with enough for all and close to a shower house as was requested

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

OK, I'll provaide more information about the Mississinewa Reservior campground, including availabe came site numbers and counts, for your viewing pleasure...

-Electric RV/camper sites close to non-electric camping:

40 yards from bath-house
    30 amp electric
    Site 379 availabe, right next to water supply
    Site 380 available, about 25 yards from water supply
    $25 a night

-Full hookup, water, grey/black water hookup, 30 amp electric

Sites 147 and 150 available, 60 yards to bath-house
    Heck, forgot to ask the rate on those.... Sorry...

-33 non-electric sites available. $13 a night weekend, $10 weekday.
    -70+ electric sites availabe. $25 a night.

Waste water dump available for all campers....

If we all stayed there we would not all be right next to each other but within easy walking distance. Bathroom, bath-house and water issues are solved as far as I'm concerned.

I see this as a possible option too for the rest of us.

The downside is that we're not with a bunch of other archers, probably...
    And it being a IN DNR state park we will likely not be able to just set up a range and shoot.

At B&B, we could shoot our socks off on their range, with their targets.

But, a plus would be a beach (wives, kids would like it), nicer shower situation (probably), nicer bathroom situation (probably) and a little more access to water and electric.

Any thoughts ?

I'm still leaning toward B&B for the 'tent's' of us. The option of the state park seems great for the trailers/campers and possibly for the rest of us too.

I spoke to a gal named Latoya and said this is Ron representing a group from 3D Shoots. She wrote that down. I said I would tell you guys to mention that if we did call for reservations so they could do their best to get us sites close to the trailers. But you trailer pulling folks will need to take the first step, ASAP, and establish yourself there with a camp site number and then let us know what your plans are so we can follow behind.

I'm not a beach combing kind of guy but if we choose to stay there I'll probably show up a day or two early, get an IN fishing license, and do a little wading....

If we knew about this place months ago we would literally be all set. That's not the case now so we'll have to work through it.

We're working with ya Smokes....

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
    Tell ya what fellas.... We should be right in the middle of sweet corn season. I'll bring a bunch of sweet corn and we can make it on somebody's grill.... I'll also bring the Butta
    YEAH !

Good stuff....

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    some people are the happiest when they're unhappy.....
    You are correct, unfortunately. I have been more than happy to make the calls and get real information we can use.

I'm looking forward to this and it sounds like you guys are too. We'll have some fun for sure.

Glenn at B&B is such a nice guy and has been so helpful that it's hard not to take him up on his offering. Ya know ? You just want to patronize somebody like that because they have such good customer relations. That's what's missing these days. Nice people helping others.

Today he also told me about how some of the targets are going to be set up. I'm not telling, exactly, but it sounds like it's going to be really cool.

Furthest from far stake will be about 52 yards he said.

They are also going to set up targets based on the natural habitat of the animal depicted (where appropriate and possible... Alien ???? Space ? I don't think so....)....

Should be some fun stuff going on.... A lot of laughing and a lot of crying (when Bunnyboy blows arrows up)....

If anyone has anything else to post or suggest feel free. This is rolling along pretty well I think.

I still need to give Glenn a vehicle and tent count (approximate). I told him I would have that in two weeks or so. Post up, if not already, and let me know what your plans are so he can set us up with our own area.

We gotta get Chris to get us a 3D-Shoots sign/banner or hats or something. That would be pretty cool.

I'll PM him.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 07-11-2008 at 05:31 PM.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

We gotta get Chris to get us a 3D-Shoots sign/banner or hats or something.
    Absolutely. Consider yourself called out!
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    i talked to the Glen dude in feb and found out the info and tried to get a palce fopr all
    whats wrong with all doing it together
    Point taken. I'd love to have us all together. If you talked to Glenn you would know about the state park and would have jumped on that in a second. You spoke to him in FEB ? They probably had NO reservations for August at that time and it would have been a slam dunk to get a whole damn area for us back then.

I did not see a post about that park. Maybe that's my oversight because I was crazy busy with work in FEB.... But I doubt a post about that park existed.

Like I said in my PM I an not sorry for doing what I did because it was a simple fact that based on what people posted they did not want to drive 40 minutes each way, twice a day, between a campground and a shoot site. Neither did I and I said so.

Another thing was that nobody was doing anything to offer an alternative with useful information so I did it myself. By making calls and getting facts and posting those facts for people to have an opinion on. I did not set the stage for changing your plans, I offered an incredibly good option to what you wanted to do.

So far, you're the only one that has on opinion that sides against my information, and you continue to fight it even though I followed though on your behalf to find an alternative for ALL of us to be at for the shoot, just 7 miles away.... I guess I just don't get it....

Maybe you need to be the GUY.... If you wanted to be the GUY you would have did some studying, sharpened your pencil and turned in your homework for all of us to read and consider.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 07-11-2008 at 07:40 PM.

UGH!!!! I just read through this whole thread....I wish I were going, but we are so broke right now, we can't even...nevermind

IF I were going, I say B&B would be the best place. I would not want to drive ANYWHERE after shooting and/or a couple beers.

IF I were camping somewhere else, I would be happy just to go shoot with everyone, sit around their campfires, eat their food , then go back to my camp and go to bed....Oh, I for got and drink their beer
    Last edited by Wheely; 07-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    UGH!!!! I just read through this whole thread....I wish I were going, but we are so broke right now, we can't even...nevermind

IF I were going, I say B&B would be the best place. I would not want to drive ANYWHERE after shooting and/or a couple beers.
    Smokes, I am sorry to say this, but Toughen Up dude. My gosh! You seem to be the only one with the problem cuz you can't go without luxury
    I would be happy just to go shoot with everyone, sit around their campfires, eat their food , then go back to my camp and go to bed....Oh, I for got and drink their beer
    Oh, and drinking somebody else's beer is kind of like the frosting on the cake.... Ya ?

Ron

Oh, and drinking somebody else's beer is kind of like the frosting on the cake.... Ya ?

Ron
    Ya, on second thought, I don't think I would be driving back to my campground I would just have to bring my sleeping bag with me

So when are we going on the White Castle Run??????
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder