You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: best scope

  1. #1

    Default best scope

    hey i am trying to find out which scope is the clearest one or in other words the best one on the market. Thanks Shootin

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    It has more to do w/the lens than the sight. Would have to say that the sure loc black eagle w/a Swarovski lenz might be the clearest and being that I have seen a single lenz in some stores selling for 250 it may be the most expensive. I do like my extreme w/ the Zeiss coating I think it is very clear. I have also used a few of the feather vision lenses in my HHA and like them as they are a little cheaper.
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3

    Default

    I agree Black Eagle by Sure-Loc
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Winnemucca Nevada
    Posts
    12

    Default scope lens

    I am using viper scope right now,not sure of the glass, but it sure is clear no problems with them at all.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I shot the sure-loc black eagle last year. Great scope, crystal clear lens.
    Then, I saw one of the Classics with .010" up pin and had to have it.

    Have not looked back since. I absolutley love the .010" pin. Shooting with their 4x lens and I can really pick out some small 12's with it.

  6. #6

    Default

    I am trying to figure out if I can put the .010 Pin kit from the Classic into a Sure-loc Black Eagle
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I am trying to figure out if I can put the .010 Pin kit from the Classic into a Sure-loc Black Eagle
    I was thinking of doing the same thing, then just said the heck with it and ordered the classic.

    I think if you drilled the pin hole out to accept that little brass bushing it would work. You would just have to hold the bushing in place until you secured it with the front set screw.

    Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you send me a sample black eagle scope with .6 d lens and I'll let ya know if it worked.
    Anything to help..

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    I shot the sure-loc black eagle last year. Great scope, crystal clear lens.
    Then, I saw one of the Classics with .010" up pin and had to have it.

    Have not looked back since. I absolutley love the .010" pin. Shooting with their 4x lens and I can really pick out some small 12's with it.
    I just got a Classic Scope II with 4X lens and it doesn't appear to be too clear to me. Are you using a clarifier with yours?? I was told that up to 4X you usually don't need a clarifier, but I was wondering if it would help before I drop the money for one. This is the first magnified lens setup I've used so I don't really know what to expect from it. I took it out and I've been using just the scope with pin and like it very well.
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NE1C_my_arrow
    I just got a Classic Scope II with 4X lens and it doesn't appear to be too clear to me. Are you using a clarifier with yours?? I was told that up to 4X you usually don't need a clarifier, but I was wondering if it would help before I drop the money for one. This is the first magnified lens setup I've used so I don't really know what to expect from it. I took it out and I've been using just the scope with pin and like it very well.

    Yes, I have a Super Peep and with the 4x lens I use a clarifier. I'm going back and forth between (2)of them. If I use an 1/8" aperture w/#1 lens, the target is crystal clear (and I can see most of the targets on the 3D course vey well) but the pin is bleary. If I use the 3/32" aperture w/#1 lens, everything (target and pin) are super crisp, but I lose some light and some targets are hard to pick out the 12ring on.

    Some guys just use apertures w/smaller holes to clear the lens, but targets get dark when I do that. I have some apertures for sale on AT if your interested. Sent you a PM.
    Last edited by Scottie; 05-19-2006 at 05:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    Yes, I have a Super Peep and with the 4x lens I use a clarifier. I'm going back and forth between (2)of them. If I use an 1/8" aperture w/#1 lens, the target is crystal clear (and I can see most of the targets on the 3D course vey well) but the pin is bleary. If I use the 3/32" aperture w/#1 lens, everything (target and pin) are super crisp, but I lose some light and some targets are hard to pick out the 12ring on.

    Some guys just use apertures w/smaller holes to clear the lens, but targets get dark when I do that. I have some apertures for sale on AT if your interested. Sent you a PM.
    Thanks, I'll check them out.. I've been considering trying the Super Peep kit but I didn't know if it would actually help and I didn't want to spend the extra $$$ if it wasn't going to make a difference.
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

  11. #11
    Story of my life Radar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    851

    Default

    I agree with Randy B. I am using a Viper scope and it is really clear to me. Fairly inexspensive and I think it is great.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

    Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I would agree with the assessment that the classic is a very nice scope . I also ran into issues with a 4x not being clear and needed a clarifier which i wasnt pleased with. The super ball set up is very nice. My only issue with the classic came because of poor customer service on purchase . It soured me on my next purchase and bought the sureloc black eagle which I am very happy with.

Similar Threads

  1. Need Help On Scope
    By ICUTSTUFF in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
  2. Scope w/ no pin or dot
    By BuckeyeRed in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 11:47 AM
  3. New Scope
    By Jay Are in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
  4. WTB 4X scope
    By thelefthand in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
  5. scope
    By 300 in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 05:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •