You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default New Equipment, Bad Flight

I recently had some work done to my older Hoyt bow (restrung, new peep sight, new rest and a basic tune up) Problem is that now my arrows are smacking into the ground at 15 yards. I have adjusted my pins as high as they can go but still every time my arrows hit the ground at 15 yards. Could my peep sight have been set wrong or is it an issue with the rest. Thanks for the help.

WOW that doesn't sound good.....someone help this person!!

and

sounds like a PEEP/ANCHOR problem.......

when was the last timeyou shot the bow, before you had it tuned??
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default bad flight

If you are shooting low move the sight down. You always follow the arrow with your sight.
    Sounds to me as if either the nocking point is too high so that your arrow is pointing down or your peep is too low.
    Did you have to change your anchor to see thru the peep.
    The arrow should be approx. 90degrees to the string .
    The best way to check to see if the peep is right is to draw the bow, close your eyes and come to anchor. When you open your eyes you should be looking thru the peep. If not the peep needs adjusted up or down depending on where you are looking with your normal anchor.
    Good luck
    Charlie

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

OK, this may sound like an absolutely stupid question, but what kind of rest did you have put on? Is it a drop away rest? If it is, is the rest coming up when you pull the bow back to full draw? Most drop away's have a string that attaches to the down cable and should be served in to keep it from shifting. If the rest is not coming all the way up, check to see that the serving is not loose and sliding around.

If it's a fixed rest, they may not have set it to the right height, leaving the arrow pointed down at full draw.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Quote Originally Posted by pred8er View Post
    OK, this may sound like an absolutely stupid question, but what kind of rest did you have put on? Is it a drop away rest? If it is, is the rest coming up when you pull the bow back to full draw? Most drop away's have a string that attaches to the down cable and should be served in to keep it from shifting. If the rest is not coming all the way up, check to see that the serving is not loose and sliding around.

If it's a fixed rest, they may not have set it to the right height, leaving the arrow pointed down at full draw.
    IT WAS VERY GOOD QUESTION
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler70 View Post
    I recently had some work done to my older Hoyt bow (restrung, new peep sight, new rest and a basic tune up) Problem is that now my arrows are smacking into the ground at 15 yards. I have adjusted my pins as high as they can go but still every time my arrows hit the ground at 15 yards. Could my peep sight have been set wrong or is it an issue with the rest. Thanks for the help.
    If you are moving your sight up, this explains why you are shooting very low. You chase the arrow. If you shoot high, you move the sight up, if you shoot low, you move the sight down. I think you are moving it incorrectly.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

The best way to check to see if the peep is right is to draw the bow, close your eyes and come to anchor. When you open your eyes you should be looking thru the peep. If not the peep needs adjusted up or down depending on where you are looking with your normal anchor.

Best advice i Ever got. I had the same problem and for me this fixed it. Hope it helps you out.
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Default Thanks for the help.

This was the first real time that I actually did some work on my bow and of course I did the opposite of what I should have done. i readjusted my pins and it will take some more work but the problem was solved. Thank you again for all of yall who took the time to answer.