You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default rage vs. swacker

if been hearin alot about these swacker broadheads and was wandering if they were any good and if so are they better than the rage broadhead????

Default reply

Rage heads have problems-Period. I doubt anything could be worse. I want to try the swhacker, but I am going with tried true and unfailing Magnus 2-blade. The swhacker is the same as the old sonoran blades-so see how you like their reviews. Swhacker brand is too new to have many good reviews on the net, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    Rage heads have problems-Period. I doubt anything could be worse. I want to try the swhacker, but I am going with tried true and unfailing Magnus 2-blade. The swhacker is the same as the old sonoran blades-so see how you like their reviews. Swhacker brand is too new to have many good reviews on the net, yet.
    My orings on the rages kept rottin out. Horrible to me. Then they wouldnt stay shut in my quiver. Most wouldn't open when the enter the deer.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    My orings on the rages kept rottin out. Horrible to me. Then they wouldnt stay shut in my quiver. Most wouldn't open when the enter the deer.
    the o rings arent used to keep them shut.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcraze30 View Post
    the o rings arent used to keep them shut.
    Yes they are? They are used as a shock adsorber, and the blade " slips " under it to keep it locked.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

The customers at our shop absolutely love the rage heads, period.
    The holes we've seen are incredible. The only bad report we have had was an elk hunt. When I grilled him on it, he said it was shot in the neck. Yep, that's a broadhead problem for sure.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Yes they are? They are used as a shock adsorber, and the blade " slips " under it to keep it locked.
    what are you talking about!!!
    it is used as a shock absorber the blades lock into place
    Parker Hornet 28" 70#
    easton epic 400gr. RAGE 2 blade

Default extra orings are replacements!!!!!!

Alot of ppl take the extra o rings and put them around the blades,dont do that they are replacements!!!!!.if you take a rage out of the package it will open if you push it thru a peice of paper!if it dont open thru a deer it shouldnt open at all!!,they put something together wrong!!!ive shot 13 deer with rage never had a problem.

That's because you missed the deer remember??
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

Default reply

Hey, I was just watching Hank Parker 3D TV. His son shot a big old buck through the liver on a quartering shot and lodged the swhacker in the vitals...but the arrow only penetrated about half way down the shaft. It entered from behind the ribs which should have been a very soft shot. It was at 30 yards(they said). If he didn't bust any bones, why did it only go so shallow? The deer died, but the swacker did not go deep. They look iffy. It performed, but I doubt the broadhead after seeing that.

The swacker broadhead is the current sonoran broadhead made here in Az. I just got off the phone with Rick the Owner of Sonoran and they combined companies to form Swacker. The 2 blade broadhead is held together in flight with shrink tubing and the blades are made in germany and are super sharp. I shot a deer with the broadhead at 42 yds and he went approx. 20ft before expiring. They fly very well and are a well made broadhead with thick blades. If you want to buy some go on to sonoran broadhead site and buy the 2 blade 100 or 125 gr head. The design of the head will not change only the company name. The change should take place by mid fall ie. Nov or Dec.
    Hope this clears things up and give the sonoran/swacker head a try you will not be dissatisfied.
    Hoyt Maxxis 35
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix
    Vapor Trail Strings Pro Staff
    Mile High Archery

Huntin Junkie

O rings on the rage are easily replaced and pretty cheap. Things do wear out and need to be replaced. Also, anything mechanical that can malfunction, will malfunction at some point.

I guess that if one shot out of 50 does not open and only wound the deer, that is still better than 5 out of 50 with a fixed blade. There is no such thing that a perfect boradhead or bow. If there was, that is all that anyone would own. I think that the Rage is still a bit better than the pointed rock that was used 150 years ago.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

Quote Originally Posted by jojobama12 View Post
    if been hearin alot about these swacker broadheads and was wandering if they were any good and if so are they better than the rage broadhead????
    is there any where you can get the swacker BH besides of the tv
    Scott's string-staff shooter
    hunters hand-staff shooter
    Higley's Archery- shooter
    2008 Mathews Switchback XT
    Mathews Ovation blubbery

dreco

Default Mechanical vs. Fixed Broadheads

I am perfectly satisfied with shooting G5 Montecs, and see no advantage to mechanicals of any brand.

I only shoot animals standing broadside within 30 yards, and 1 1/16" entrance and exit holes are sufficient for producing good blood trails. They are dependable, fly accurate, I have complete confidence and proven performance. What more does one need?

dreco
    Last edited by dreco; 08-14-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling correction

I purchased a pack of the rage heads and test shot them sometimes they would open sometimes not. I agree some expandable's will leave a nasty hole.

If you want to be 100% sure that you expandable will open get the old style Vortec expandable head It will open no matter what They come in a plane cardboard package.

They are very tough I have shot several deer with these and the hole is more brutal than anything out there. They make them in different flavors.

I posted this a few times seems like no one wants to listen.

There is too much mechanical movement of the Rage blades one blade get's binded on the other.

Get a Vortec and be done with it. No more problems.
    Last edited by Breck; 08-16-2009 at 12:03 AM.

As someone that owns a bow shop, I've heard more tall tales on broadheads than you could imagine. You name it, I've heard it.

I'll tell you this, I'm shooting rage until I prove to myself that it doesn't work. So far, I don't see that happening.

You can't blame a broadhead on a poor shot, period.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    As someone that owns a bow shop, I've heard more tall tales on broadheads than you could imagine. You name it, I've heard it.

I'll tell you this, I'm shooting rage until I prove to myself that it doesn't work. So far, I don't see that happening.

You can't blame a broadhead on a poor shot, period.
    i agree 100% with you there

I read that Rage redesigned the 3 blade models because the front shoulders of the blades were too rounded and sometimes wouldn't open. I took 4 for 4 last year with my 2 blade versions without a problem. 3 things I ALWAYS do with any mechanical broadhead. First I inspect and move all working parts of the broadhead. I don't use what seems less than perfect. Second, I sharpen even new blades. The cut on contact tip on a new Rage is dull. Third, I disassemble, scald, scrub, and resharpen before reuse. Any tallow left behind can cause problems.

Default swacker

I have taken several deer with the swacker broadhead. Great bool trails, entry/exit holes. Rage cannot touch them. I have pics for examples...
    Attached Images Attached Images

whitetail slayer

Default swahckers

I just started shooting swahkers this season. I shot a doe quartering away hard at about 25yards. the arrow hit her in the last rib and came out through the opposite shoulder and stuckk into the ground. She plowed about 40 yards and went down. The entrance and exit whole on her was huge. You could not piss the blood trail. I am deffinitly going to keep shooting the swahckers