You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    Chris,

The reason that head is popular at your shop is because Rage, that is Feild Logic is spending a ton of advertising on TV and magazines to promote there product. They have been out long enough that some issues are showing up with them. Again as stated in other threads $40.00 is a lot to pay for Aluminum. Give me a ready sharp stick already fixed and ready to cut. Amen!
    I totally agree that they are pumping a lot of advertising $ at the Rage head. However, my customers bringing in harvest pictures with giant entrance and exit holes is what is selling them in our shop.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Old Archer

Talking I Agree

Enough Said On This I Think!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Old Archer

Thumbs up Is it Big enough!

I guess I'm old school, perfect or neer perfect arrow flight is all that is needed. We don't need to cut the heart in two or lungs, that totally unnessesary. Folks need to buy there equipment early enough and practice, practice and more practice. Making heads like this serves only the guy who picks his bow up just before season. Fred Bear said it best, "the harvesting of animals from the woods starts long before the North wind gets cold, time and study on the range and in the field must be done first"

And as far as whats selling good right now, wait that will change when the new fast and better appears. Eights years at one of the largest Archery Shops in the country taught me that. Good Luck in all you do!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

James Drouillard

Default Swacker?

Even tough I am not shooting them this year, my vote would be for the Rage. But my question about the Swacker is....If anyone is familur with the company Aftershock, they have a head called the Hypershock. You can do a search on some of the hunting sights and they get hammered about not penatrating! I personally think the Swacker opens just like they Hypershock. The difference is Swacker are seen on TV. I do know those Hypershock are in my opinion the best flying head out there, but don't penatrate!? Whats your thoughts on they way Swack heads open? Just a random thought!
    James Drouillare...Adams Archery...Hoyt...Easton...Trophy Taker...Scott Archery...Doinker...Muzzy...Bohning

Default swacker

I have taken several deer with the swacker broadhead. Great bool trails, entry/exit holes. Rage cannot touch them. I have pics for examples...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Couldn't agree w/ohansolo any more. Put the arrow where you should, and a hole the size of your arrow shaft will kill the deer. (but bigger is better) A shot from a high powered rifle (often even the exit wound) is smaller than an arrow. Double lung or through the pump and your deer is dead and retrievable. It takes discipline to pass on shots that are too far, or not clear enough, but a good shot gets good results. Practice, practice practice...

whitetail slayer

Default swahckers

I just started shooting swahkers this season. I shot a doe quartering away hard at about 25yards. the arrow hit her in the last rib and came out through the opposite shoulder and stuckk into the ground. She plowed about 40 yards and went down. The entrance and exit whole on her was huge. You could not piss the blood trail. I am deffinitly going to keep shooting the swahckers

whitetail slayer

Default x-systems

I have not heard many good things about rage from a few guys i know that shoot them. But i do know of a new broadhead that is probably worse and i would not recommend to anyone. The new X-systems from crimson talon. They look like they would shoot good and leave a big hole. But once you go to shoot them they fly horrible. They shoot about 8inches different then my feild points. They are simply not accurate at all.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default brod heads

guys these are the mechanicals that i use . i have ben using them for 4or 5 years now i used to get them at wallmart for $15 ,they stoped selling them last year . i have had nothing but good luck with them and my arrows always seem to go completly through the deer . now the longest shot ive made to date is 35 yrds but they work . i would like to get som new one if i can find them . but anyways i like the razer tip ,that way if they dont open (hasnt happened yet) i still get a good clean cut .
    Last edited by armyof1; 10-18-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: forgot pics

whitetail slayer

Default Swahcker wound on doe

opening day doe shot with swahcker

whitetail slayer

Default grim reaper

If you can not find your broadheads anywhere. you might want to look at the grim reaper razorcuts they are similer to your broadheads.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default thanks

thanks for the heads up but i am looking for 2 blade design

whitetail slayer

Default 2 blades

the swahckers are 2 blade and work very good. i would recommend them

Old Archer

Thumbs up Broadheads

Chris,

Just for fun could you sent up a Broadhead poll of what worked this year for guys and what did not. By seasons end, that should provide some interesting data. What Broadhead Used and grain weight shot distance, from tree or ground, broadside or quarteing away. anyone else have any ideas.

By the way So far for me the Slick Trick magnum 100 grain 22yards from a tree quarteing away, great blood trail, even if somone else found it.

Quote Originally Posted by NJbowhunter16 View Post
    I just started shooting swahkers this season. I shot a doe quartering away hard at about 25yards. the arrow hit her in the last rib and came out through the opposite shoulder and stuckk into the ground. She plowed about 40 yards and went down. The entrance and exit whole on her was huge. You could not piss the blood trail. I am deffinitly going to keep shooting the swahckers
    That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!! so your telling us that you put it quatering away shot and it came out through her shoulder??? Have you ever shot a deer and know how hard it is to go through a shoulder!! Matbe you were using a rifle instead!

whitetail slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Jingaling View Post
    That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!! so your telling us that you put it quatering away shot and it came out through her shoulder??? Have you ever shot a deer and know how hard it is to go through a shoulder!! Matbe you were using a rifle instead!
    look at the picture i posted that is the exit wound your trying to tell me thats not the shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jingaling View Post
    i blew through the top of the front shoulder and the back shoulder on a doe with my rage 3 blades

Default swacker is better

i know people who have shot deer at 20 yards and have not gotten pass throughs with the rage expandables. With the swackers however, you dont always get pass throughs but they leave a 2'' cutting diameter soo must of our deer dont run more than 40 yds. They are also much cheaper

bowtecbowhunter bowtecbowhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    If you had issues with the 2 blade why would buy the 3 blade? Tune your bow good and get broadheads and be done with it.

You spent $40+ bucks for 3 another 3 thats $80 that a lot for 6 heads. You can get 12 slick tricks for that price.

Chris, I have test shot these heads and they do not open all the time. I blade will open the other will get binded by the other. Does not happen all the time. The one's I have I shot several times at a target at least 3 time's they did not open properly. Try it for yourself.
    exactly if you tried RAGE once and it failed you WHY WOULD YOU TRY IT AGAIN, and breck is wrong I just bought SLICK TRICK GRIZZ TRICKS an they are $30.00 for 3 which means you could get 9 heads instead of 6.

Default Rage vs. Swacker

So what we have learned here is several things , no one can agree on which is the better mechanical broad head , both make a gaping exit would when they pass through if they deploy , the o-ring seems to be a concern to a lot of you with the Rage and the old timers just ain't going to change no matter what people do or say. Well that was helpful BUT I do know this , the Rage flies very well , I have never had one deploy in flight despite what others say happens , I have never lost a deer with one and the blood trails are nasty . Now my friend that convinced me to change to Rage from a fixed blade (Crimson Talon) has since changed to a Swacker and wants me to do the same, NOT HAPPENING !!! I am very confident with the Rage broad head and it's abilty to cleanly kill the animal with one shot . So this is what I have learned from this forum #1 If you take irresponsible shots you will get negitive results reguarless of the broad head , #2 you can only gain confidence by a lot of practice. #3 check your equipment every time you go out to hunt with it (we owe that to the animal ) that means the broad heads are sharp and clean ! I appreciate the input