You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default extra orings are replacements!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    Yes they are? They are used as a shock adsorber, and the blade " slips " under it to keep it locked.
    Alot of ppl take the extra o rings and put them around the blades,dont do that they are replacements!!!!!.if you take a rage out of the package it will open if you push it thru a peice of paper!if it dont open thru a deer it shouldnt open at all!!,they put something together wrong!!!ive shot 13 deer with rage never had a problem.

From all the huntin shows on TV I would say nothing is as good as a RAGE.

"HONDA"

I have shot thunderheads since i was 12 but im wanting swith to rage to any advive?

Default Rage?

I watched Randy Ulmer shoot at the Rage 100yd shoot off at the ATA show a few years ago. He lost the shoot because the Rage blades deployed in mid flight. Randy knows how to make anything shoot perfectly and they didnt stay together. Enough said.

I use a Rocket Hammerhead on deer sized game. They leave a hole you can put your fist through and NEVER fail! The Sidewinder is good too. I really like the Steelhead XL for durability though. Its a Titanium Nitride drill bit with blades. Any of the Rocket heads get my vote! The Meat Seakers are Awsome deer slayers as well!! GO ROCKET!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbowhunter View Post
    I watched Randy Ulmer shoot at the Rage 100yd shoot off at the ATA show a few years ago. He lost the shoot because the Rage blades deployed in mid flight. Randy knows how to make anything shoot perfectly and they didnt stay together. Enough said.

I use a Rocket Hammerhead on deer sized game. They leave a hole you can put your fist through and NEVER fail! The Sidewinder is good too. I really like the Steelhead XL for durability though. Its a Titanium Nitride drill bit with blades. Any of the Rocket heads get my vote! The Meat Seakers are Awsome deer slayers as well!! GO ROCKET!!!!!!!!
    I saw this same shoot-off. I wouldn't expect any mechanical to stay together after that many shots. Most people would check the o'rings and change them after shooting. They shot these same heads over and over without checking for bent blades, bad o'rings or anything.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Rage...

My rage broadhead kill from earlier this year.

This is the hole next to a TWO LITER OF MT. DEW.

Yes, a 2 liter, not a 20oz.

"Tracking" (and I use the quotation marks because tracking with holes like this is a joke) is very easy due to the INSANE amount of blood that comes out. It looks like someone murdered a family with a chainsaw... it's amazing.

rage vs. swacker - Bowhunting forum

Default Rage

I took a Kodiak Brown bear in 2008 with a 100gn Rage broad head from about 6 yards. Had a clean pass through and the bear went about 70 yards. In 2011 I took an Illinois white tail from a tree stand about 23 yards. Once again, had a clean pass through and the deer went about 40 feet. From what Ive seen, Rage hits kill faster than Swhackers.

Ive never used a swacker before but i have used rage 2-3 blade with great success.they make a huge hole and massive blood trails.
    Never had any open in quiver or any other odd ball stuff,very good broad head.

I will never use a Rage head. They took an old friend (snyper/gator), whored it out by throwing tons of money in advertising at it, even when we have all seen the lack of penetration on TV. That and the fact that like the original snyper they are a 1 and done head. I mostly hate the $$ thrown at it to make us think(cyber brain wash) it's the best head. They will never get a dime from me. Hope they choke to death. Barre/Rocky Mountain, for shame, you let a good cat out of the bag and allowed it to pimped. Hope you enjoy the money. Did this sound to personal? I hate this kind of **** and we see it in every product in our lives. cars to dish soap.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I will never use a Rage head. They took an old friend (snyper/gator), whored it out by throwing tons of money in advertising at it, even when we have all seen the lack of penetration on TV. That and the fact that like the original snyper they are a 1 and done head. I mostly hate the $$ thrown at it to make us think(cyber brain wash) it's the best head. They will never get a dime from me. Hope they choke to death. Barre/Rocky Mountain, for shame, you let a good cat out of the bag and allowed it to pimped. Hope you enjoy the money. Did this sound to personal? I hate this kind of **** and we see it in every product in our lives. cars to dish soap.
    Every deer I have shot with the rage heads went right threw them my set up this year is

Elite hunter bow set on 65 lbs
    Easton FMJ they are 427 grains

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I'm happy for you, honestly. I just can't.
    I'm still using a older/slower Mathews than your Elite, and 57-60 lbs approximately. (no scale)
    I just hate the marketing/money hype. They bought the rights to a good working head, made it worse (IMO) and paid alot of people to use it, to sell it to us. That's where I'm at, right or wrong, I will never use one. Paid pimps selling us a lesser head IMO.
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I'm happy for you, honestly. I just can't.
    I'm still using a older/slower Mathews than your Elite, and 57-60 lbs approximately. (no scale)
    I just hate the marketing/money hype. They bought the rights to a good working head, made it worse (IMO) and paid alot of people to use it, to sell it to us. That's where I'm at, right or wrong, I will never use one. Paid pimps selling us a lesser head IMO.
    I understand what your saying. IMO there are alot if good heads out there its just whatever you want to shoot

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

I've shot the rage 2 blade for 2 years now and everything I've shot I've recovered in less than a 100yds. I like them and I will continue to use them

truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Aim small Miss small Buckslayer24's Avatar

I guess I'll stop shooting rage 2 blades when the deer stop falling inside 75 yds.

Stop taking crappy shots, and you will stop getting crappy results.
    Apparently "i'm sorry" and "my bad" mean the same thing, except at a funeral.