You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Just introducing myself to the forum

I didnt know if this was the place to do it, but I thought that since I am brand new to this forum, I should introduce myself!

My name is Jason, but my friends calls me Jay. I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio (I know, this place sucks). I joined the Army when I was 17, left for basic training when I was 18, and served about five honorable years in the Infantry with the 101st Airborne. I deployed to Iraq twice, and learned a lot about myself while I was there (obviously)

My experience in the Army has definitely made me a better hunter! I learned basic marksmanship skills that I have carried over to hunting! I am far better with a rifle than I am with a bow, but I am definitely working on that!

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and hope that we can establish a good friendship! I have looked over a lot of the forum, and noticed that a lot of people give their props to the military, so I just want to thank you all for that right now! Too many people blame the soldiers instead of the government for what we are involved in, and I am glad that at least some people appreciate the things that we do!

-Jay

Welcome to the forum Jay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay284 View Post
    I didnt know if this was the place to do it, but I thought that since I am brand new to this forum, I should introduce myself!

My name is Jason, but my friends calls me Jay. I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio (I know, this place sucks). I joined the Army when I was 17, left for basic training when I was 18, and served about five honorable years in the Infantry with the 101st Airborne. I deployed to Iraq twice, and learned a lot about myself while I was there (obviously)

My experience in the Army has definitely made me a better hunter! I learned basic marksmanship skills that I have carried over to hunting! I am far better with a rifle than I am with a bow, but I am definitely working on that!

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and hope that we can establish a good friendship! I have looked over a lot of the forum, and noticed that a lot of people give their props to the military, so I just want to thank you all for that right now! Too many people blame the soldiers instead of the government for what we are involved in, and I am glad that at least some people appreciate the things that we do!

-Jay

First of all....Let me thank you for your service and all what you guys are accomplishing overseas. Also let me welcome you to the site. There are a lot of knowledgable people on this site ( of which I'm not one unfortunately) and a lot can be attained here. I strictly hunt and don't do 3-d or spots so I can't be of help there. Just ask your questions and someone will be able to help.

This is a great family-orientated site and usually everyone is friendly.

Plus congrats...The 101st is a well-honored outfit. Be proud.

to the forum. You will deffiantly learn a lot on here. Thank you for serving OUR country and making this a better place to live.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    Plus congrats...The 101st is a well-honored outfit. Be proud.
    Thank you I am very proud of the 101st and its history! I know that I am a part of it now, and that cant ever be taken away from me!

Thank you for the welcome!

Default hi there

To the forum
    and thankyou for your service that put in we are very thankfull for people like you.
    you need any help with archery we can help just post-up..post-often
    and you will get a responce
    this is a family sight alot of fathers sons whole familys shoot togeather here
    and again thankyou
    kenny
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

dodgensince74

to the site, I hope you enjoy it here like the majority does

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! I already enjoy myself here a lot! I cant wait to contribute even more!

Well Jay, all I can say is welcome and thanks for giving of yourself in service of our country. Jump on in, the water's fine.
    FBSA Member

Hey jay i am new too so thanks for starting a new thread for us new guys I am 13 years old and i live in Oregon Long live the rain. I have pretend to do what you did in the armed services but i dont think video games are the same
    but thanks for letting us new guys introduse ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Swisher View Post
    I have pretend to do what you did in the armed services but i dont think video games are the same
    Thats how they got me! I was addicted to those shooter games, I thought it was cool, and next thing I knew, I was in Iraq getting shot at FOR REAL, lol

Anyways, welcome to the forum! I have only been here 1 day, and I love this place! There is so much information to absorb here, and everyone seems so friendly!

I wished I'd have seen this before your thread in the hunting section...but welcome, and thanks for serving your country.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I'm originally from sort of your general area; grew up between Akron and Canton.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

to the forum, Jay.......

Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Hello and to the forum.
    Elite Synergy (311 FPS) - GT Arrows - Sling Braid
    Zona Archery Longbow - Cedar Arrows

Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing

Default Welcome

And glad to have you! Fellow Ohioian!

BWiz

HBH Admin.
    BT Guardian."AWESOME BOW"
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Welcome Jay!

I am ex-military myself (Airforce) and also am just getting into the archery scene. I was also pretty good with the rifle but find archery much more challenging, fun, and easier on the ears! This site has and still is greatly helping me learn about archery. I am shooting mostly 3D right now and plan on shooting spots this winter indoors.

I am north of you in Clarkston, Michigan. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask, if we do not know the answer we can learn together!
    Rhino
    Michigan
    2007 X-Force 6
    28"/53 lbs
    X-Weave Pro 100's