You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Safety Zone may be lowered in New Jersey!

I subscribe to google news announcements, and follow the world of bow hunting, and all of the current events that are making a splash in the news.

Recently, I got a pretty exciting news announcement from google! The safety zone may be getting lowered in New Jersey from 450 feet to 150 feet!

First of all, I dont live in New Jersey (I am an Ohioan), but I think it is huge news for people like us all over the United States!

New Jersey's Bill 595 says that you can not hunt within 450 feet of a structure without getting written permission from the owner. The new argument is that bow hunting is much safer than rifle hunting, so why do we fall under the same rules and regulations that rifle hunters fall under?

Bill A-595 hopes to lower the distance to 150 feet! It has already been passed unanimously by the Assembly Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, now we are just waiting for the other powers that be to pass it!

So far, the bill is getting heavy opposition from the people at PETA, and the Humane Society. Their argument is that bow hunting is not one bit safer than rifle hunting, because they get lots of complaints from pet owners that their pets are being shot with stray arrows.

We all know how the law system in America works. I have a great feeling that if this bill is passes in New Jersey, other states will follow suit and lower their safety zones as well! I just hope that those PETA and Humane Society people dont ruin it for the hunters in New Jersey!

What is your opinion on this? Do you think it will be passed? Do you think it should be passed? Id love to hear all of your input!

If you are interested, you can see the original news article here:
    http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs...6/1096/OPINION

That is great!. Bowhunters should have different rules. How often do you see an arrow fly 450 yards

OOPS! I meant FEET
    Last edited by Wheely; 08-09-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    That is great!. Bowhunters should have different rules. How often do you see an arrow fly 450 yards
    lol, I completely agree!

Cool. Yea, here in PA the feet is 150 also. and 150 yards for guns.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Default Hahaha

PETA is a joke. "pets getting hit by stray arrows" HAHAHAHAHAHHA if your pet gets hit by an arrow...it wasn't stray. Bowhunters don't shoot at something unless they know what it is. (atleast i hope so)

PETA looks for any possible way to create a scene... Thats what they do best!

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    PETA is a joke. "pets getting hit by stray arrows" HAHAHAHAHAHHA if your pet gets hit by an arrow...it wasn't stray. Bowhunters don't shoot at something unless they know what it is. (atleast i hope so)
    Unless your slippy
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake