You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mostly unhunted area in ohio will be open for bow hunters!

If you are in Ohio, or dont mind taking a trip to Ohio, there is a 9,000 acre, mostly unhunted area that will be opened up to bow hunters!

They are opening it up to manage the deer population problem.

Here is why they are only opening it up to bow hunters:

"We went to bowhunting because it allows us to keep the sites open to the [general] public and yet keep a separation between hunters and visitors," said Obermiller. For example, hunters will be assigned to designated off-trail areas that normally are off limits to visitors.

I live in Ohio, so I will definitely pay the 5$ processing fee to get access to this area!

I just wanted to share the news with everyone!

You can read more about it at the link below.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...0337/-1/NEWS30

Default ha jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay284 View Post
    If you are in Ohio, or dont mind taking a trip to Ohio, there is a 9,000 acre, mostly unhunted area that will be opened up to bow hunters!

They are opening it up to manage the deer population problem.

Here is why they are only opening it up to bow hunters:

"We went to bowhunting because it allows us to keep the sites open to the [general] public and yet keep a separation between hunters and visitors," said Obermiller. For example, hunters will be assigned to designated off-trail areas that normally are off limits to visitors.

I live in Ohio, so I will definitely pay the 5$ processing fee to get access to this area!

I just wanted to share the news with everyone!

You can read more about it at the link below.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...0337/-1/NEWS30
    I hunt with outfitteres in ohio
    is it only open to residents of your state?
    kbohunt

Bows,07PSE,MOJO-3D,05Flash
    Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    SURE-LOCK sights..Extreme scopes..TT rest
    FBSA-MEMBER
    Wheely Custom Quivers & Poston Stab's..Made in The U.S.A

Im pretty sure its open to everyone. As far as that article goes, it says it will be open to the public, but only bow hunters

Default ok

Im pretty sure its open to everyone. As far as that article goes, it says it will be open to the public, but only bow hunters
    I read the whole thing finally lol
    it looks like a lotter pick also we have alot of them in our state too.
    But Its to far for me to go most areas are in the north-west of the state
    I hunt in the south-east of ohio..in Adams county..im after a giant lol
    I got hooked on ohio after years of studying where is the ultimate chance to run into a record buck..ive taken over 100 deer with the bow over 35years
    and ive got 7 on the wall and all i want now is 1 monster with the bow.
    and Ohio has them..Last year i missed a hoss in the 160+ range and around 300lbs..and im hooked now on keep going back until i get one
    Im running thru different outfitters now thinking about switching up and checking on the best bang for the buck.

where in ohio sre you from if you dont mind me asking?
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

I swear the internet is the worst thing to ever happen to hunting and fishing sometimes. Post like this are part of the reason its getting harder to find a place to hunt without 10,000 other people being out there. Thanks for the heads up...
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Default ha

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
    I swear the internet is the worst thing to ever happen to hunting and fishing sometimes. Post like this are part of the reason its getting harder to find a place to hunt without 10,000 other people being out there. Thanks for the heads up...
    dont worrie paul
    i love comeing to ohio to hunt but i aint hit nothin......yet anyway
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    dont worrie paul
    i love comeing to ohio to hunt but i aint hit nothin......yet anyway

Thats just a sore subject for me. I hunt public lands only, and since everyone and thier brother have posted big bucks from Ohio, the woods are a lot more crowded. Last year, every hunt I was on got busted buy someone walking right by my ground blind. I even had one guy walk buy twice, and on the second pass, he decided to stike up a conversation. Public lands suck, and the 'net don't help matters.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

Sorry if I leaked some information and "crowded" the spot, but when i joined the forum, I was told it was almost like a family. I share hot tips with my family, so I figured I could share something like this with the forum. I will never do it again... sorry

Sorry if I leaked some information and "crowded" the spot, but when i joined the forum, I was told it was almost like a family. I share hot tips with my family, so I figured I could share something like this with the forum. I will never do it again... sorry
    You can share hot tips with me

Default yep

Thats just a sore subject for me. I hunt public lands only, and since everyone and thier brother have posted big bucks from Ohio, the woods are a lot more crowded. Last year, every hunt I was on got busted buy someone walking right by my ground blind. I even had one guy walk buy twice, and on the second pass, he decided to stike up a conversation. Public lands suck, and the 'net don't help matters.
    we have the same problem here..you cant hunt on public land without someone blowing your hunt.
    I had joined a huntclub with over 2000acres with only 35members for the past 20years..and that was pretty safe for me and my son while he was growing up..took alot of nice deer in the past.
    but now..ive desided to just hunt private leases with outfitters
    theres tons in ohio and other states.
    and when my kids were young we use to rent a house at the beach for like 2000 a week and fish and stuff
    now i just use the 1-2000 to go on a hunt once a year somewhere
    ive never shoot a black bear or an elk or a deer that weighed over 250 and scored 150 so these are my dreams im liveing now while i can still pull back my bow..
    ya ohio is getting hit pretty hard with ever jo blo wants a big buck but they aint gonna find them if there not in the right place.
    the outfitters i hunt with have had the extream team come on there property and take a 180class deer weighing 325..true monsters and they work very hard to grow these deer with foodplots and all...
    but the yahoos if they dont pay they aint gonna play..
    the outfitters i hunt with are all fare chace no fence and they aint easy to get up on.
    save ya money up come hunt with me in your state
    im settin up one the 1st week of nov.
    last year i posted a thread in the bowhunting section when i set one up.
    im doing the same this year.
    kbohunt

Arrows..beman ICS hunter
    FBSA-MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by kbohunt View Post
    we have the same problem here..you cant hunt on public land without someone blowing your hunt.
    I had joined a huntclub with over 2000acres with only 35members for the past 20years..and that was pretty safe for me and my son while he was growing up..took alot of nice deer in the past.
    but now..ive desided to just hunt private leases with outfitters
    theres tons in ohio and other states.
    and when my kids were young we use to rent a house at the beach for like 2000 a week and fish and stuff
    now i just use the 1-2000 to go on a hunt once a year somewhere
    ive never shoot a black bear or an elk or a deer that weighed over 250 and scored 150 so these are my dreams im liveing now while i can still pull back my bow..
    ya ohio is getting hit pretty hard with ever jo blo wants a big buck but they aint gonna find them if there not in the right place.
    the outfitters i hunt with have had the extream team come on there property and take a 180class deer weighing 325..true monsters and they work very hard to grow these deer with foodplots and all...
    but the yahoos if they dont pay they aint gonna play..
    the outfitters i hunt with are all fare chace no fence and they aint easy to get up on.
    save ya money up come hunt with me in your state
    im settin up one the 1st week of nov.
    last year i posted a thread in the bowhunting section when i set one up.
    im doing the same this year.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'll be in southern Ohio the second week of Nov. A private lease isn't in my budget right now, and I kinda have a hard time paying a guide in my own state. I know the problem of overcrowding isn't going to go away anytime soon, and eventually all you're going to find are basket rack bucks...you're right, Ohio is getting slammed right now. I'll say this...if most anyone else was in my shoes, and have had as many hunts as I have ruined, you'd understand how I feel, and why I have said what I have here.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

I wouldn't tell my own brother where I hunt.( If my brother hunted. )
    Proud Member of the FBSA

I wouldn't tell my own brother where I hunt.( If my brother hunted. )
    lol, I guess you take hunting a little more serious than I do! Nothing wrong with that at all though! There are a lot of things that I dont tell my family, so I can definitely see where you are coming from!

So, where do you hunt?

Just testing your level of secrecy!

lol, I guess you take hunting a little more serious than I do! Nothing wrong with that at all though! There are a lot of things that I dont tell my family, so I can definitely see where you are coming from!

So, where do you hunt?

Just testing your level of secrecy!

I'll take you hunting if you want this fall...but you're wearing a blindfold on the way there. I tell you, I used to always go hunting with friends, and I used to take them into spots that I have found, then next thing you know, they go into the spots without me and take thier friends...you get the picture. I know that public land is just that...open to the public, but it sucks when you bust your ass getting away from the others, or so you think, and you're in a sweet spot and a guy walks through a half hour before sunset. Thats all.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

lol, I dont know if I would go anywhere with anyone wearing a blindfold! Unless it was a bedroom with a girl... but we wont get into that on this family oriented forum!

lol, I dont know if I would go anywhere with anyone wearing a blindfold! Unless it was a bedroom with a girl... but we wont get into that on this family oriented forum!
    You could trust me...really.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

gross, get a room you 2. lol. but I hunt all private property. I love it. I got 104 acres ALL to myself.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    gross, get a room you 2. lol. but I hunt all private property. I love it. I got 104 acres ALL to myself.

Good for you.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

Good for you.
    Yea, It has its benefits and its un-benefits? There's this one spot deer come through, but then on the other side they come through, but i'm on the other side, but then when they come threw the other side, im not there.... maybe I should site in for 1300 yards?!?
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

I'll take you hunting if you want this fall...but you're wearing a blindfold on the way there. I tell you, I used to always go hunting with friends, and I used to take them into spots that I have found, then next thing you know, they go into the spots without me and take thier friends...you get the picture. I know that public land is just that...open to the public, but it sucks when you bust your ass getting away from the others, or so you think, and you're in a sweet spot and a guy walks through a half hour before sunset. Thats all.
    I've had this happen to me over the years, (too many times). Now I'm a total "scrooge" when it comes to showing my spots. Another irrantant
    is the rifle hunters scouting during bow season.