You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Parker Legend XP ?

I just came from the archery pro shop and tried a Parker Legend XP Compound Bow
    I can say draws easy at 50 lbs any reviews on this bow
    brace height 8" max lb 60
    The gentleman at the shop set it up at 28" draw at 50lbs and I can say it was easy to draw
    I need a bow with a smooth draw due to neck surgery last year
    I have a few older bows that peak to much to break on the let -off so I am in the market in getting back into bow hunting

I see you made over here from hunting pa
    If the bow fills comforable to you that what you go with you don't have to have a bowtech, mathews, hoyt top name bow to have and enjoy archery

Default Hi:

TEN RING:
    yep
    I like the bow never did own a Parker thought I throw it out for reviews it been a while:I would say 8 years since I will get back in to it.
    I started in 1969 with a long bow
    Archery has come a long way from the old 4 wheelers

I now a couple guys that own parker bows they like them mostly for the price of the bow. Go out and shoot a lot of differant bows see witch one you like the best but if you get like a rest of us you buy a new bow every year sometime two

I've never shot or owned a Parker, but I've only heard good things about them, especially their customer service.

If your just gonna hunt with it it will serve the purpose well and there customer service is second to none. If you plan on shooting 3D events with it you might wanna look at something else. The Parker bows that I have shot are no speed demons but they do shoot well. I own a Parker Pheonix 34 and it's killed every deer that I have shot at with it....
    Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
    Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
    FBSA President and Founder

Default parker bow

I did ask the pro shop about a few other bows he on hand and like the gentleman stated the legend xp was design for a smooth draw and yes it will not be as fast as some other parker bows due to the design of the cams.He also showed me some other models but I could not draw them or I would not take the chance to try.
    AMO 224
    IBO 288
    THE BOW PRIMARY USE DEER HUNTING
    I think the complete set up out the door was $599.00
    I was not crazy about the whisker biscuit but he said also they improved on the plastic fletching not to tare when shot threw the rest.The tube peep not I don't know for sure i am use to the peep that rolls with the nock on the sting.
    Broad-heads he say go with the thunderheads 75 grain
    My 125 grains are to heavy

Thumbs up

I bought the parker legand last year. I have problems with my shoulder, it is very comfortable to shoot. I used to have a marten lyncs mag. but could no longer pull it back. I am shooting @ 60lbs. about every other day, and have no discomfort after around 20 rounds of 6.

Default parker bow

I had some time to day and stop at another bow shop and went threw a few other bows PSC,bowtech,Martin and hoyt
    The Parker still and is on top of my list : I can see the sale man face as he was getting frustrated saying you will have no problem with the bows he showed me.I like the line BS they give you the only problem I been shooting archery for some 35 years and back in my days I shot competition in double AA class with fingers
    I can say some guy who work in retail shop should get a job in a butcher shop
    He trying to tell me that if he can pull the bow and we are the same age I should also be able to draw the bow without any problems,the only difference with him and me I had 2 disk removed from my neck last dec:
    I called Parker to day the sale person gave me a few more details on the Parker bow that he seem to know his stuff.
    I do have the other pro shop were I will purchase the bow nice guy small shop I watched set up the bow so I could try it and shoot it a few times.
    I think I will start with around 46lbs at 27" draw for now and slowly add a few pounds to it each second week until I feel o.k. with 50lbs for this year hunt.
    I also was advised new broad heads 75 grain and the new skinny arrow my old 125 grain thunderheads are to heavy and my gamegetters 2117 and 2016 will not fly out of the new system bows.
    I think at 62 this will bow will be my last new bow i also like the warranty lifetime to the original owner\
    I also here there customer service is outstanding and the local guy at the shop said any problems just bring the bow back to him no charge for small repair if any is needed.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Sounds like you found the one. Good shooting.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Default Parker Legend

I agree with faceman and flintforever. I to developed shoulder issues after shooting for 25 years. I purchased a Legend last year and started out at 55 lbs @ 27" draw. I now have it up to 60lbs @ 27" and it shoots great out to 50 yards with absolutely no shoulder discomfort after 30 shots or more. I shoot Easton N-fused arrows with Slick Trick 100 gr. broadheads for deer. You can't go wrong with a Parker!!

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN RING View Post
    I see you made over here from hunting pa
    If the bow fills comforable to you that what you go with you don't have to have a bowtech, mathews, hoyt top name bow to have and enjoy archery
    will agree 100%