You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3-d shooter ?'s

Question 3-d shooter ?'s

Hi to all, I'm new to this sight and to would like to get into 3-d. I've been bowhunting practicaly my whole life but I've never had the notion to shoot tournament until now. The problem is that I don't know anyone that shoots so I'm not real sure how to get started.
    What kind of distances am I looking at shooting?

First off, welcome to the forum... 3D is a great way to get in that practice for the hunting season. I would suggest looking in the 3d Shoots section of this forum for shoots in the area near you. If you don't see anything there, check in with your local bow shops.. Chances are the folks there will know where some shoots are going on.

Getting started is easy.. You've got everything you need already. You just need to find a place to shoot. Distances will vary from course to course, but if you start in one of the novice classes they probably won't be any farther than 20-30 yards max.. In general the 3d crowd are a great group of people, and chances are that if you show up at a shoot you'll find many people there that will take you into their groups and get you pointed in the right direction.

Just remember, it's all about fun...

Noticed you shoot an Illusion.. How do you like it. I shot one the other day for the first time. Loved the grip, loved the wall, loved the overall feel of the bow.. Had a little handshock, but I was shooting a bow with nothing in the way of vibration damping on it.. So, I was wondering how one feels fully rigged out. Could be on my agenda to pick one of those up someday. What arrow weight/drawlength/poundage are you shooting to get 297 FPS. out of it??
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

The Illusion is basically the reason I want to get into 3-d shooting. I've never had a high end bow with all the works on it until I bought it. I shot alot of bows at the local dealer before I decided on it though. When I shot the Illusion it was already decked out and I didn't get any hand shock. I haven't scaled my arrows but added up they wight around 365 grains. My draw is 30" and I'm shooting 70#'s. What's crazy is that before I put my STS on I was shooting 290. I like the speed that it gives me but I'm more impressed with how quiet it is, that's why I bought it.

Awesome, thanks for the info...

I'm going go keep my eye out for one... I just couldn't get over how great that bow felt to me. I bought a Rytera, and I love the bow but the Browning was one bow I wanted to shoot before I bought it. I ended up getting the Rytera before I shot the Browning, but I kind of wish I had shot it first before I made up my mind. It's cool though, I love the Rytera too. It's a great bow. I'll just have to bide my time and find a Browning somewhere down the road.
    "It's closer than it looks, but farther than it appears." - Yeah, I said that.

You dont have to turn in your card after a 3-d shoot. It might be good to go to one and shoot from whatever distance you are comfortable with-sort of a learn as you go thing. You can mark the card void when you sign up if you want. Honesty is the policy!! I very rarely turn in my card as I go for the fun and the company.