You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Cheap rock-solid stabilizer.

I like the idea of big 30'' stabilizers. I wanted to buy one, but couldn't find one in my budget (under 50$). So tonight I grabbed some old wire-shelf support brackets drilled the holes in the bottom out a little more then ran my current 5$ wal-mart stabilizer through those holes and screwed it into my riser. Then I taped a train spike to the end of the bracket rod. I haven't shot it yet, but just drawing it back and holding it on a spot is about twice as easy. I worry robin-hooded arrows and very tired arms may follow. I am such a redneck.

heck be a real red neck and run to home depot. grab 2- 1 inch PCV end caps and a 6 foot 1 inch pvc pipe. glue one end on then add sand to weight. Then stand it up and pour a bottle of elmores glue in it. Let it dry to hold the sand. Drill the other end cap to mount it. Then put a 3.4 inch washer on a bolt, throu the hole and washer and nut. Tighten it up and glue iy on. There red nedk stab ant lenght you want.
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    heck be a real red neck and run to home depot. grab 2- 1 inch PCV end caps and a 6 foot 1 inch pvc pipe. glue one end on then add sand to weight. Then stand it up and pour a bottle of elmores glue in it. Let it dry to hold the sand. Drill the other end cap to mount it. Then put a 3.4 inch washer on a bolt, throu the hole and washer and nut. Tighten it up and glue iy on. There red nedk stab ant lenght you want.
    You must be from Billyville to
    I am thinking bout marketing some Billy arrow grippers
    it's what I use ta pull mine if I need to Cuz

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default reply

I made a hand sling out of an old pair of jeans today. I also got my peep to stop turning with a rubber band. I made an sts with an old bolt, some steel rods and a dried tube of caulk. This is the most ghetto-fied bow in history, but I realy do love my sts. I can shoot my 30'' bow with fingers while using that thing! It made my bow nearly silent. All I hear is my release and drop away. But those tiny sounds won't bother a feeding boar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    I made a hand sling out of an old pair of jeans today. I also got my peep to stop turning with a rubber band. I made an sts with an old bolt, some steel rods and a dried tube of caulk. This is the most ghetto-fied bow in history, but I realy do love my sts. I can shoot my 30'' bow with fingers while using that thing! It made my bow nearly silent. All I hear is my release and drop away. But those tiny sounds won't bother a feeding boar
    was ya'll's jeans dirty or clean??
    I cut things up and split them down!

B-Stinger Stabilizers strated with a broken fishin pole and a crushed beer can.

Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    B-Stinger Stabilizers strated with a broken fishin pole and a crushed beer can.
    Paintball guns started, as a way for farmers to mark cattle in heat from a distance.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

I made a couple longish stabilizers out of aluminum arrows with a carbon inside for stiffness, with a 5/16 bolt glued in one end. The other till has the point insert, which with a screw, hold as many fender washers as you can handle. All made from stuff from the junk box. Good stuff for sure.
    FBSA Member