You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone use these???

I made the switch from aluminum to carbon st epic 400's with 100gr. muzzy.Anyone out there use this for whitetail???

I dont use the Easton Arrows, BUT you would be hard pressed to find a broadhead that has stood the test of time, quite like the Muzzy's......

Dare I say best broadhead ever??
    I cut things up and split them down!

i am shooting st axis nano 400s,with muzzy 3 blades.great for hog and whitetails.tons of penetration,much better than my old 5575 gt hunters. not so much with armadillo though

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yep, ST Epic 400's with Muzzy MX3's Blows right through them so far.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Thanks guys...switched from superslam 2216'sfrom my parker hornet at 47lbs.28in DL.speed went from 232 to 258 with 100gr 3 blade...and for some dumb reason my bow seems to be alot quieter...havent figured the reason for that yet..the bow was already dead quiet...hearing loss maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I dont use the Easton Arrows, BUT you would be hard pressed to find a broadhead that has stood the test of time, quite like the Muzzy's......

Dare I say best broadhead ever??
    Biggest market ever for sure... Heck Walmart sells them....

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

just a question??didnt mean to involve w-mart in this...but I buy my equip. from two local pro shops.Just joined this site today and asked..[the non bashing hunters] what they,re thaught was if any...I live in UPstate NY and have harvested many deer with aluminum arrows and muzzy 100s...didnt know if anyone had good luck with the epic carbons...w-mart sells rage,cr.talon,thunderheads,wasp,and NAP too.....anyone wanna buy the 2 and a half dozen[remember these]old but brand new PUNCHCUTTERS I have in the pkgs.22$ a pop for three to wound deer...MUZZY...anyone serious Ill give a ph. no. sorry if it I sound like a D*** but Im just serious about my deer huntin....have been for years....will never change....

Default reply

What the heck are you selling. Maybe is any of your words made congruent sense . This forum has the worst grammer/spelling of any I've ever been on.

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    What the heck are you selling. Maybe is any of your words made congruent sense . This forum has the worst grammer/spelling of any I've ever been on.

yeh, kool hugh adn tehy d'nto owh ot etpy iehtre
    Last edited by dodgensince74; 08-19-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Your kidding right? I am no genius, but if you jump on someone about his grammar and or spelling, you might want to proof read your own post first!

con·gru·ent
    adj.
    1. Corresponding; congruous.
    2. Mathematics
    a. Coinciding exactly when superimposed: congruent triangles.
    b. Of or relating to two numbers that have the same remainder when divided by a third number. For example, 11 and 26 are congruent when the modulus is 5.
    Last edited by poorman; 08-19-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    That course was so easy I even missed a target !!

shuold i hvae siad paunch cutters

Is......there anyone mature hre.....oops spelling error...

I have never shot the arrows you are asking about. However there have been a bunch of deer die because of a muzzy. I personally dont shoot them anymore. I like the Magnus line of heads. But if your bow is in tune (proper flight) and you hit the right spot.... the deer are going down!

R U SIRUS??
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by bbowhuntin View Post
    just a question??didnt mean to involve w-mart in this...but I buy my equip. from two local pro shops.Just joined this site today and asked..[the non bashing hunters] what they,re thaught was if any...I live in UPstate NY and have harvested many deer with aluminum arrows and muzzy 100s...didnt know if anyone had good luck with the epic carbons...w-mart sells rage,cr.talon,thunderheads,wasp,and NAP too.....anyone wanna buy the 2 and a half dozen[remember these]old but brand new PUNCHCUTTERS I have in the pkgs.22$ a pop for three to wound deer...MUZZY...anyone serious Ill give a ph. no. sorry if it I sound like a D*** but Im just serious about my deer huntin....have been for years....will never change....
    Hey, use what you have confidence with and go get 'em.

And I think it makes a lot of sense to go with a carbon arrow. With fixed blades you will just need to be careful about tuning your bow to have a similar shot with fixed blades vs. expandables or points. That issue won't matter between aluminum and carbon shafts as long as teh shaft is spined right for your setup.

You might also want to ask if the Epic shafts require the Broadhead adapter rings with Muzzy's. Talk to your shop about that. I use Axis shafts for hunting with Spitfire heads and don't have an issue but you might want to be sure you don't need the rings to protect the front of the shafts.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 08-19-2008 at 09:50 PM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Down to earth....thanks guys...but I do have 30 [how do I spell PUNCH CUTTERS] an old exp. broad head....some say the best....but not in my OP...anyone even heard of them?????

Quote Originally Posted by bbowhuntin View Post
    Down to earth....thanks guys...but I do have 30 [how do I spell PUNCH CUTTERS] an old exp. broad head....some say the best....but not in my OP...anyone even heard of them?????
    I have heard of them but it usually is a sentence like this.

Puncutters are the worst head ever made.

I have never had or used one.

Default reply

I knew I had errors in that and most posts, I don't realy care. But it gets to the point where you are just like what the heck? If I proofread all my posts, I'd better be getting grades/degrees for them.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I don't use a ring.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Throw those punch cutters away, don't resell them. Those are the heads that gave mechanicals a bad name. Famous for bouncing off deer if bone was hit.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson