You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default To buy or not buy crossbow

I have been a hunter for a long time. I recently have had a shoulder injury that makes it nearly impossible for me to continue to hunt with a compound bow. I have been looking into the possibility of acquiring a crossbow. I am interested in a TenPoint(tm) that our local Gander Mountain has for sale. It is fairly expensive for me and would like some input from people with more expertise than myself. Can anyone give me some input pertaining to reviews and comparisons of various brands of crossbows, especially the TenPoint(tm) brand of bows?

Thanks,
    Aerogenius1

I know that Ten Points are expensive but you do get what you pay for in this realm. Ten Point is the cream of the crop, bar none. If you really look at crossbows you'll notice that cheaper ones have a lot of plastic on them such as sight mounts, triggers, rails,etc, where Ten Point has more machined aluminum. Their tolerances are pretty tight on the machining, too. Trigger pull is another thing to consider as this affects accuracy. The crank is built onto the stock so you don't have anything extra to carry around like cheaper models. Their customer service is right at the top of the heap.

I'm not saying they are worth the asking price. Heck, none of them are, but compared to some of the others you get a lot more bang for the buck.

Default CrossBows

I bought my wife a Ten point Hybrid Lite last year with the accu-draw. She shoots Carbon Express bolts weighing in at 440 grns with a broadhead. I chrono'ed the bow in August 05'. 4 of 4 bolts were 295fps. She smoked her first 8pt this year along with a doe. You can't beat them. They are expensive but, you get what you pay for!