You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Got my FOBs today....

And who is the highest bidder? Maybe it is just me, but I shoot way better with 4'' vanes. How tight should the fob be around the shaft? I ordered standard size for my gold tip hunters(as starrflight recomended), but there is some wobble between them and the shaft-maybe that is the problem? It could be that I shoot straight vanes and get less drop than the fobs 4 degree offset? Most of my shots did end up low, 6 inches off center..but if these cause so much drag at 20 YARDS what good are they? Of the last 2 volleys I shot at my morrel target, one vaned arrow hit the 1/2 black center and the other hit the red circle both times...the fobs barely hit inside the circle BELOW my target. And yes, my QAD is dropping fast enough. Maybe I just cannot see a difference because I am not past 30 yards, but the way they shoot at 20, I don't feel like shooting one past the target and losing a 7$ shaft to try that distance.

Way Lowest Junior Member bowtech-john's Avatar

Default Fobs and Vanes

I shoot fobs on my GT 55/75 xt's 100 grain pile, and factory vanes on Mfx 400's 85 grain pile out of my General, they shoot to same POI. I had to experiment with different weights to get them to shoot that way. Where I shoot 3-D it gets mighty windy and the FOBs seem to help at the long yardage targets. As far as fit, they are not loose at all on the GT's using factory knocks. BTW if you need another QAD I replaced mine for a Limbdriver and have Never looked back. Paul at Starrflite can help you if you are having problems with your FOBs, He really supports his product!

>>------->
    I shoot bonarrow.

Default reply

Well, we'll see if they are worth their weight tomarrow...a huricane is supposed to be blowing through...should be getting 40 mph cross-winds ya know.

Default reply

ok, so with a 30 mph gust blowing, the fobs land on target and the vanes start to corscrew helplessly through the air...but in between gusts I am still seeing better accuracy with my vanes. They are pretty good

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    ok, so with a 30 mph gust blowing, the fobs land on target and the vanes start to corscrew helplessly through the air...but in between gusts I am still seeing better accuracy with my vanes. They are pretty good

i guess Slippy will need to get some just incase the wind blows on his next hunting trip

that is strange, even though they are just hideously ugly, they should be hitting along side your veins.
    Hook 'Em Horns

If you really do want to see what potential they have, contact Paul Morris. I don't think there is too many set-ups out now he has'nt worked out the kinks on.
    FBSA Member