You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default shooting broadheads

Let me start by saying I have only shot expandables so far and I am not real sure about Fixed blades! It seemed like I would shoot a few right in there, then drop one low and too the right. Are fixed blades more "form sensitive"?

This was happening at 20 and 30 yards. thanks all.

Jim
    have bow; will travel

yeah, it could be form, or if it's just one arrow out of each group you might mark your arrows and see if it's the same one. the broadhead may not be spinning true or something

Yes, they exagerate mistakes. They also plane more on gusts of wind. I like the last suggestion of marking the arrow. If it turns out to be the same one consistantly, it could be the insert isn't square. The broadhead would be the more likely culprit, however. Everyone makes a bad product once in a while. With a well tuned bow I should be able to shoot 12 out of 12 broadheads in the kill zone at 20 yards virtually every time, or I'll stay out of the woods untill I can.

Banned

mark the flyer arrows and try to rotate the nocks or switch them out with different broadheads. Once you find some that fly well together try to keep them as a set( broadhead and arrow)

Quote Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
    mark the flyer arrows and try to rotate the nocks or switch them out with different broadheads. Once you find some that fly well together try to keep them as a set( broadhead and arrow)
    +1

I always tweak mine a little by rotating the nocks and trying to line the blades up with the vanes until they group. Once they group....I never break up that particular blade/arrow combo throughout the hunting season.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

I was actually only been shooting one head and arrow till i get a hold of em. the blades are close to lined up with the blades, but not exact. I will straighten them out a little more! I really think it was my form, I was dropping to try and watch the arrow I think. Thanks a lot guys, I will tweak em and see!

Jim
    have bow; will travel

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by jkg3117 View Post
    I was actually only been shooting one head and arrow till i get a hold of em. the blades are close to lined up with the blades, but not exact. I will straighten them out a little more! I really think it was my form, I was dropping to try and watch the arrow I think. Thanks a lot guys, I will tweak em and see!

Jim
    Put that puppy on a spinner and take a piece of cardboard and make tou a cross on it
    now set the tip of the head in the middle of the cross lines and spin it slowly
    if it rotates evenly;y on the point of the 2 marks then its lined up
    if not and it rotates around the 2 marks point then adjust you head by turning it clockwise just alittle bit keep doing this till you have a even spin

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default reply

interesting...been shooting my magnus' all day at 20 yards from my porch into 30 mph tropical storm winds..and those aint plaining...then again maybe these fobs work a little. I was hitting my .5'' dot 80%. The magnus is the best balanced blade i've ever seen, though. I would think it is a tuning issue.