You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apex 7 Complete!

Hey All!

As promised, I got my Apex 7 completed today. No more things are coming in. The only thing missing is the arrow tips, but they will come in the next day or two...then I'll get those installed and have the whole package. But, as far as the bow goes...no more parts.

Review:
    My Sureloc arrived in the mail from Obsession Archery today (thanks Chris!) so I installed that and drove as fast as I could to my local archery shop to shoot the bow. I have to tell you, as everyone could have told me 1,000,000 times...the bow is fairly heavy fully loaded...(missing a stabilizer) I have the 1 3/4" Viper scope, 3/32 clarifier #2...the Sureloc Supreme...and the best bow you can get, the A7...perfect combo for sniping X's right!? Well, the bow did what I told it to, I just have to work on telling it to do the right thing!

The first shot I took with it, it was amazing how smooth the cam rolls over...there is no valley at all to speak of. Once you hit the wall, it is solid as a rock...no give at all. Moving my eye into position to look thru the peep, I find my correct anchor point and look for the X. I have to tell you, with the Viper 6X lens and the Superpeep #2 clarifier....the X at 20 yards comes in CLEAR AS A BELL! I think I have better vision with this set-up than my own vision! The great thing...from 20 yards...the X takes up about 66% of the peep, leaving me a little room to see around it, but making it very easy to see where I'm supposed to shoot. Because of the power of the lens, the X does move rather quickly, but as my form improves, I think the X will stop moving as much. Plus, I didn't have a stabilizer on yet, so I'm hoping that slows the pin movement a bit also.

As I got my pin (green...SUPER BRIGHT) on the X, I slowly squeezed the trigger on my wrist release...and BAM...I hit dead center...about 5" low. Moved the Sureloc 3 more times, and then I had it sighted in. (Very easy, very fast to make adjustments with Supreme...THANK YOU CHRIS FOR NOT LETTING ME GET CHALLENGER! I proceeded to shoot 4 arrows...I flinched on one, missing the X by a good 4", but the other 3 hit one another each time. I ended up slicing 2 vanes on this round...Needless to say...this bow is accurate! Disregarding the first arrow, I shot a group of about...1/2"!

Surprisingly, the bow felt fairly still in my hand...it jumps, but it doesn't vibrate or give me handshock. I think I'll get an STS and throw that on to eliminate most of the jump, but it could be done without one. The bow is exceptionaly quiet for being a target bow...I think it is almost as quiet, if not more quiet than my Hoyt Vectrix!

As for the steadiness...she's a little RIGHT heavy due to the Sureloc, I'm not sure if I should get a little stabilizer arm to correct that, or if I should just fix it with my hand...time will tell on that one. I think I'll just get a front end stabilizer at first and see how that goes. Because the bow is pretty heavy, I'm looking into the Doinker aluminum series...a 30" stabilizer that only weighs about 4oz.

I have to say, this is probably the most badass looking bow out there...the black and lizard green are just amazing in real life to see. Everyone at the range commented on how beautful the bow looked...and then I let them shoot it, and they had even more comments on how it felt!

The A2A feels pretty good...I wouldn't mind another 2-3 inches....maybe the C4 or the Apex would be great bows too, but I don't think it will help/hurt anymore having one over the other.

Overall...I love my new bow, total costs of the project: bow, rest, sight, scope, peep, arrows...I'm at about $1700...so spendy, but in my mind, worth it. I'm excited to get my real 580grain arrows done, and see how much better I shoot with those. I'll attached a few pictures for your enjoyment in about 5 minutes...stay tuned!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Apex 7 Complete! - General Archery Forum

2007 Hoyt Vectrix

dare to be different. The sight lock down or for your bow lock up knob. lol
    looks great
    Quick Stand Archery Patent Pending
    Home of the Quick Stand Compound Bow Stand
    An proud member of the FBSA
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

Quote Originally Posted by QSA View Post
    dare to be different. The sight lock down or for your bow lock up knob. lol
    looks great
    Yeah, I thought it looked cool being down...plus it is easier for me because I'm right handed...easier to adjust. Do you like the set-up?

I shot my CX Maxima Hunters...390 grains...238fps...so I'm guessing my 550 grain will go about 200fps...should be great. Ended up getting True Flight 4" Right helical...those should be done tomorrow...then I'm just waiting on the tips...can't wait!

Thanks for all the advice QSA...you're amazing!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Looks good, I am just pass the info down that I was shown over the years. That is what makes this sport so great everyone helping each other. One thing to always keep in mind. Every thing does not work for every one. But form is the key to it all. So sling some arrows and happy shooting.
    message of the week . . . . Well I will never be all right, Because I am half left. lol

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Thumbs up

Add me to those who love the color combination - very sharp
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Add a customized Posten setup and totally tricked out Slingbraid to that bow and she will be smokin.................

"HONDA"

that is a nice looking setup congrats. You said it is a little right heavy, if you can get a side stab. dont try to correct with your hand.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I always wanted one that color. I ended up with a red one and a black and camo.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Yeah, I am very happy with how the set-up turned out. Like I said, once those arrows get completed and the tips come in, I'll just start practicing about 3 nights a week, and hopefully, be ready for the MN State Open next year. I would love that.

All I can say is:

1. For the money...the VIPER SCOPE is amazing! I wouldn't want anything different about it. Good decision to save the $200 and go with the Viper over the Sureloc Scope.

2. The Sureloc Supreme is definitely what you NEED if you are going to be changing distances at all...it would take forever to move if you didn't have the quick slide feature.

3. Chris and Obsession Archery are crazy fast and reliable when it comes to shipping...will use them for all my future purchases.

4. Everyone on this forum is amazing...really helped me out. Especially the experienced target shooters (you know who you are) who really went in depth with me and helped me select the arrows/set-up I needed.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

I dont think your done yet........

Obsession sells these!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post

Obsession sells these!!!
    O yes have to have the BLING

LOL! Nice...well, I think that I'm up to enough spending for right now...I'm going to use my POSTEN on it until next month, then I think I'll pull the trigger on that 4oz. 30" Doinker...maybe with the left side correction arm. Then next chance I get I'm going to jump on that STS...and if my tips ever come in from Competition Archery...I'll be set. I'm a little worried..going on 2 weeks and he said he shipped them US mail...so I don't know if they're coming

But, yeah, that is the plan. I think I'll hold off on the bling....I kind of like the black on black look...looks clean and nice. Is there a way for me to find out what number i'm on at 20 yards...and then sight in for 40...and have someone run a program to tell me my ranges from 10-60 yards? I'd like to have that done.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Obsession sells these!!!
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing....
    Love the bling from Sure Loc....

Nice setup man and good shooting to you !

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Quote Originally Posted by swintj1 View Post
    Is there a way for me to find out what number i'm on at 20 yards...and then sight in for 40...and have someone run a program to tell me my ranges from 10-60 yards? I'd like to have that done.
    Sight in a 20 and then record the number on the backside of the sureloc. Then back up as far as you feel comfortable and record that number as you get sighted in. The further apart you can get your marks the better it will be for the program to estimate your sight tape. I just bought archer's advantage and am still learning but I should be able to print a tape for you if you want. The software is pretty in depth so as much information as you can provide will help. Just as an example there is a section that even asks for a peep height measurement at full draw. Nice looking bow!!!
    Rhino
    Michigan
    2007 X-Force 6
    28"/53 lbs
    X-Weave Pro 100's

LOL! Nice...well, I think that I'm up to enough spending for right now...I'm going to use my POSTEN on it until next month, then I think I'll pull the trigger on that 4oz. 30" Doinker...maybe with the left side correction arm. Then next chance I get I'm going to jump on that STS...and if my tips ever come in from Competition Archery...I'll be set. I'm a little worried..going on 2 weeks and he said he shipped them US mail...so I don't know if they're coming

But, yeah, that is the plan. I think I'll hold off on the bling....I kind of like the black on black look...looks clean and nice. Is there a way for me to find out what number i'm on at 20 yards...and then sight in for 40...and have someone run a program to tell me my ranges from 10-60 yards? I'd like to have that done.
    Check AT for a user name Coolhand luke, He makes a string stopper called Vibe killer. I like them better then STS. and the bolt in the rear stablizer hole. Much cleaner looking and adjust EZ

Here's my form now with it all said and done. I think I have a BT coming, and then I'll show you my form with that also, but for now, this is what I have.

DSCN1131(2).JPG
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Here's my form now with it all said and done. I think I have a BT coming, and then I'll show you my form with that also, but for now, this is what I have.

DSCN1131(2).JPG

Release will be on its way at lunch time bud.....was busy all weekend!

looks like the draw is almost good......

I hate to say this......and I will regret it, but we need a pic without a shirt like your wearing on, its too baggy and too hard to tell the position of your upper torso in relation to the rest of your body.....maybe try to tuck it in......

dont you have a 24" posten you could borrow from your hoyt, for shooting while your waiting on getting the doinker??

dont you have a 24" posten you could borrow from your hoyt, for shooting while your waiting on getting the doinker??
    Yep, I actually went and picked it up this weekend from my cabin where I keep my Hoyt. I haven't shot with it yet, but I think it might work. I will probably paint it all black and call it good. Save me the $110 on the Doinker.

I'll wear a tighter shirt and snap a picture tonight if I get the chance and post. I don't know how, but it almost looks to me that I lean the same as with my 29" Hoyt...but this is a 28...the Mathews feels a lot better...but in the pictures...I don't look any better. I'll see what you guys think tonight.

Thanks for the release Bunny! Can't wait!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix