Thread: Michigan Baiting
08-27-2008, 03:02 PM #41
and i agree with you, its up to the resposible hunters to not do it, and truth betold i think 90% of them are the bowhunters. the other 10% is from the orange army.
08-27-2008, 03:05 PM #42
I can't imagion how many CO's it would take to monitor the Huron National Forest. I followed the rules, so I haven't had any reason to worry.Elite Synergy (311 FPS) - GT Arrows - Sling Braid
Zona Archery Longbow - Cedar Arrows
Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing
08-27-2008, 03:40 PM #43
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM #44I never miss, my arrows always hit something
FBSA STAFF GRILLER
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM #45
08-27-2008, 05:33 PM #46
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Buckley, Michigan
The ban should work the same way Michigan's lake trout restrictions did. The restrictions came out after the rules guide was printed. No tickets can be enforced until the following year, when the rules guide in reprinted. I suspect most violators that are caught(very few) will only be warned, unless they are in violation of existing baiting laws. From what I've read, laws like this aren't working other places, like Wisconsin, and they probably won't work here, either. Personally, I believe the focus should be on a medical level, to cure, treat or inoculate. Humans have gotten, and will get CWD. It's called spungeform(I think). Dairy and beef industry stand to loose the most money. All we stand to loose is our lives. I'll take my chances on deer over beef, any day. Ay least I know how it is processed. CWD lives in the spine and brain.
08-27-2008, 06:03 PM #47
Why is baiting deer looked down upon? I have always used bait legaly to kill deer, and think it's a great tool. I'm a meat hunter first and foremost. The farm we hunt prefers us to only kill does, so I don't worry about trophy deer or anything. I guess I just look at deer as big squirrels, or rabbits. I want to shoot it, and eat it. The sooner I shoot him, the sooner I can eat him.
I'm not a preachy soap box kind of person. I have my way of thinking, and I respect others to. Just curious why.
BenSling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!
08-27-2008, 06:38 PM #48
08-27-2008, 06:42 PM #49
08-27-2008, 06:50 PM #50
08-28-2008, 12:52 AM #51
i totaly agree with you. i dont know if i didnt say it right or not. all i was trying to say is that i dont think they have the man power to enforce it to the extent that it needs to be, an like you said its up to us as responsible hunters to do by the law.
i hope you dont think i was trying to argure with you. sometimes things come out different when typed instead of speaked.
08-28-2008, 09:44 AM #52
08-28-2008, 12:16 PM #53
This is what I don't understand about the whole situation, the problems Michigan has been having all starts with these deer farms.
So why are we banning baiting?
Sounds like we're skirting the problem.....if baiting is going to help spread these problems....fine get rid of it but shouldn't we be looking at these deer farms too????? This is where the problem started.....These places are not ranches, they are farms were they stick 20 or 30 deer in a small pen like cattle.
08-28-2008, 05:31 PM #54
By whitetail99 in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2008, 12:14 AM
By Timmer in forum Bowhunting forumReplies: 5Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:48 PM
By Southernfryedyankee in forum Bowhunting forumReplies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2007, 06:55 PM
By whitetail99 in forum Tournament DiscussionsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-03-2007, 08:31 PM
By ugman in forum Rinehart R100 TournamentsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-20-2007, 10:46 PM