You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Inherited Mathews Bow got questions, would like to know value i'm a n00b! *7 PICS*

Hey everyone! First of all i'd like to introduce myself, my name is Rob, i'm 24 and from Cali,
    Anyways I am here for pretty much for one reason, and that is to get info from you expert guys who know about these... Anyways I inherited a few things along with a Mathews Solocam Bow from my uncle who recently passed away. I honestly have never tried this archery stuff, and don't have no intention on learning... I have had this for about 6 months so far just sitting here wondering what I could do with it, tried finding assistance from my local Craigslist site, no luck, no one does this around where I live!
    I have no idea what all this is and dont know how to get specs, YES I know I'm a n00b!!!! But hey can anyone here help me determine what kinda bow, specs, and any other helpful info that I may need to know about this bow? I plan on holding onto it and maybe giving it a shot on using it sometime this fall when i have time. I may even sell it if I end up not liking it and/or can't figure things out. So any help is appreciated from you expertise members of this forum. I have questions like

What kind of bow exactly is this? (name & model)
    Specs on whatever?
    Cost of one of these NEW?
    Value of one now?
    What if any accessories that you can see are added to this?
    Do arrows come standard?
    I believe this is a right handed one? correct me if i'm wrong?
    Is it illegal to carry one of these in your car?
    Do police consider this a dangerous weapon?
    Do you need any special licensing to carry or use one of these?
    I believe that's all the questions I have, I have been watching clips on YouTube on how these work, i may give it a try...

Inherited Mathews Bow got questions, would like to know value i'm a n00b! *7 PICS* - Bows for sale or trade
    Inherited Mathews Bow got questions, would like to know value i'm a n00b! *7 PICS* - Bows for sale or trade

So from looking at it, looks nice, has MQ1 engraved into handle? im guessing this is model#? other than that it looks good, has lil scratches on some parts of metal, nothin very bad tho...

Default You are right on the model...

It is an MQ1, it is left handed, has a wisker bisquit rest, mathews arrow web 2 piece quiver, tru ball caliper release, I am unsure of the sight and the stabilizer. It may be a little difficult to move a left handed bow, but the bow alone could sell from 250-300 dollars and you can price each accessory on it. Do a search for the accessories on here to find out what they have been selling for and you will get an idea of what to ask. I know the quiver use to sell for 100.00 brand new you may get half of that but dont hold your breath. You will make more by selling each item seperately than as a package deal. Unless you are just wanting to get it gone. Hope this helps
    Switchback 28"
    Scott Longhorn III
    Scott Mongoose
    Easton Fatboy 400 (344 grains- 260fps@58lbs)
    Specialty Archery Superstix
    NAP Drop way
    Sims Vibration
    Spot Hogg Sights

"A bad day of target shooting is still better than a good day of work".

mq1 left handed=if you can get $300. for the set up take it & run.if it was right H .a lil more.

Hey guys I really appreciate the replies, so how the hell do I take the accessories apart? I haven't touched it since my original post, but so the average price for this complete the way it is in pictures shown about $400-500? As for the left hand thing, ifeels like a right hand, Grip on righ, smooth on left... but IDK.... anyways if any of u wanna buy it, make me an offer. :P

Can do paypal, or if u prefer i list on ebay, can do that too but u pay ebay fees, just tryin to avoid that... let me know though. I know I only have ONE post on these forums, my main purpose was to get information on this bow and possibly sell it, I apologize if there are rules to where you need a certain amount of posts before posting sale items, anyways I appreciate all your help. Thanks. And I to you guys!

So anyone around here interested in this? I had people ask me questions like how many pounds the pull is? I dont know the answer, also the length of the bow or somethin, IDK nothin bout these, whenever I look at it, it reminds me of playing ZELDA, LOL! Anyways guys let me know if your interested, you can e-mail me @ finzorelli@gmail.com if i'm not suppposed to post my e-mail in a post, lemme know. But anyways I'd rather sell privately rather than go thru eBay's crap and fee's.... I have positive sellers feedback on eBay and can ship fast, i just wanna avoid paying the listing fee's and final value fee's. PayPal fee's are enough for me, but let me know guys, I'd like to sell to the best offer.

Default Bow

Value of the bow is around $300.00 tops with everything. Older Mathews bow. You need to look and give me what it says on limbs and what the cam model is and I can give the draw length. You should be able to fine the drraw weight on the limb. I can sale it here if we get the specs for the bow. $300.00 is a fair value. There good bows even though it old.

DB
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 10-07-2008 at 09:57 PM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    That bow is right handed. Not sure what everyone seeing about it being left handed. Value of the bow is around $300.00 tops with everything. Older Mathews bow. You need to look and give me what it says on limbs and what the cam model is and I can give the draw length. You should be able to fine the drraw weight on the limb. I can sale it here if we get the specs for the bow. $300.00 is a fair value. There good bows even though it old.

DB

Look at the way the whisker biscuit and sight are facing thats a lefty
    Hoyt Kobalt 57#
    26 Draw Length
    Sword Twilight Hunter
    Cobra DiamondBack
    Maxima 250`s

Default I got it

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt_563 View Post
    Look at the way the whisker biscuit and sight are facing thats a lefty
    Went back and changed my opionion.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by nvsrobdogg View Post
    Hey everyone! First of all i'd like to introduce myself, my name is Rob, i'm 24 and from Cali,
    Anyways I am here for pretty much for one reason, and that is to get info from you expert guys who know about these... Anyways I inherited a few things along with a Mathews Solocam Bow from my uncle who recently passed away. I honestly have never tried this archery stuff, and don't have no intention on learning... I have had this for about 6 months so far just sitting here wondering what I could do with it, tried finding assistance from my local Craigslist site, no luck, no one does this around where I live!
    I have no idea what all this is and dont know how to get specs, YES I know I'm a n00b!!!! But hey can anyone here help me determine what kinda bow, specs, and any other helpful info that I may need to know about this bow? I plan on holding onto it and maybe giving it a shot on using it sometime this fall when i have time. I may even sell it if I end up not liking it and/or can't figure things out. So any help is appreciated from you expertise members of this forum. I have questions like

What kind of bow exactly is this? (name & model)
    Specs on whatever?
    Cost of one of these NEW?
    Value of one now?
    What if any accessories that you can see are added to this?
    Do arrows come standard?
    I believe this is a right handed one? correct me if i'm wrong?
    Is it illegal to carry one of these in your car?
    Do police consider this a dangerous weapon?
    Do you need any special licensing to carry or use one of these?
    I believe that's all the questions I have, I have been watching clips on YouTube on how these work, i may give it a try...

So from looking at it, looks nice, has MQ1 engraved into handle? im guessing this is model#? other than that it looks good, has lil scratches on some parts of metal, nothin very bad tho...
    Where in Cali are you???

East County, San Diego... are u interested? I finally got 2 ppl who wanna check it out... one comin from Orange County and one in North County S.D.

Thanks to all you guys for your help!

Default ?

looks like a sims stab and extreme sight