You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Sophia's dad

Default tomkat or game over ??

I'm in the market for a new bow. I'm in my 2nd year of bow hunting & borrowed a friends previously. I have found 2 bows that I like in my price range that will fit me. I need a 31" draw. I think they are comparable bows, but would like some feedback if anyone has an opinion. Both are brand new 08s, priced around 600-700 depending on accessories. THANX!!

Huntin Junkie

First off

Bowtech Tomkat goes to 31". Ready to shoot package that is ready to shoot. Both of my sons shoot Tomkats and love them. There are many bows out there that will fit your budget. Go and shoot some and see what you think. bottom line is that a bow shooting 270 fps will kill a deer. You don't need expensive sights and rest to kill a deer. I will be hunting with a Tomkat this year. I have an 82nd Airborne, but I like the Tomkat for hunting.
    Last edited by scottg; 08-26-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add welcome
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

I got to go the other way here . the tomcat might go to 31 but the sting angle would be so severe that your accuracy will suffer IMO . I had so much good stuff for you to read about this but I had to redo my PC & lost it all . you should really look for a longer ATA bow . Don't think I don't like the tomcat IMO it's the most underrated bow . look for a ATA around a 33-36 .
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

Sophia's dad

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    First off

Bowtech Tomkat goes to 31". Ready to shoot package that is ready to shoot. Both of my sons shoot Tomkats and love them. There are many bows out there that will fit your budget. Go and shoot some and see what you think. bottom line is that a bow shooting 270 fps will kill a deer. You don't need expensive sights and rest to kill a deer. I will be hunting with a Tomkat this year. I have an 82nd Airborne, but I like the Tomkat for hunting.
    Thanx...

I realized after browzing the site this belongs in a different forum but thanx 4 the input.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfan99 View Post
    I'm in the market for a new bow. I'm in my 2nd year of bow hunting & borrowed a friends previously. I have found 2 bows that I like in my price range that will fit me. I need a 31" draw. I think they are comparable bows, but would like some feedback if anyone has an opinion. Both are brand new 08s, priced around 600-700 depending on accessories. THANX!!
    I would shoot both till your arms are ready to fall off and then buy the one you still want to shoot some more.

I chose a Tomkat in 06 and sold it to a friend, so I could buy it back when he upgrades again.

I miss that bow, but love the new one too.

I haven't shot any of the newer Bears since Primos got involved, but I have an '06 Instinct that is a sweet shooter. I have shot the Instinct back to back with a Tomkat and thought the instinct was both smoother and quieter.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by wildfan99 View Post
    the tomkat is a great bow real good for in the brush