You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Does anyone know of a good lightweight treestand

I am looking for a reliable lightweight treestand. My problem is that I have had six back surguries to date and I am possibly looking at number seven this year. The one I have is approximately 23-25lbs, which is 1/2 the limit of what I am allowed. Love to bowhunt, I have not tried a groundblind yet- I need to stand every nolw and then because of pain. I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help .

loggy makes a real nice fixed stand, with the best seat on the market anda foot rest. The seat also has a rain cover that zips inside the seat. the stand is very very lightweight...

The Ameristep non-typical lineup is nice. Mostly aluminum and light. They have a real nice set of nesting tree steps that weight about 20# for the set to go 20' up. Their non-typical stands run in at 15# range I believe. Drop your height a bit and/or use a hand cart and you're good to go with your weight limit. Although that don't include your bow, backpack, etc and wht are you going to do if/when you bag a deer ?

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 08-27-2008 at 08:03 PM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Default climber not hang on

I should have stated a climbing treestand, not adverse to a hang on but tree sticks add weight as well. my bad . I started with a hang on moved to a climber and love the ease of carrying one item(lazy as well).

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Butch32 View Post
    I should have stated a climbing treestand, not adverse to a hang on but tree sticks add weight as well. my bad . I started with a hang on moved to a climber and love the ease of carrying one item(lazy as well).
    sounds like you need a caddy
    summit makes a 19 lb 1

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Use a tree saddle. it weighs aprox. 2 lbs. and allows you to hunt out of any tree cuz it is just a sling def. the most mobile light stand you could ask for. check it out at www.treesaddle.com

I'm a big fan of the lone wolf line but if I had the back problems your having I'd get some help and set up ladder stands ahead of time. Setting up hang ons and climbers on the fly can be tough on the back.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

I don't know how your back would take hanging instead of sitting, but you might check out the Ambush Saddle . Go to John Eberhart's web sight. He gives a good description there on how to use it. It's about as light as you're going to get, and you can ware it while you walk in.

Thumbs down Treesaddle

Thank you for the idea of the treesaddle, but part of my problem is I am fused last three vertebre to my sacrum (part of pelvis) and this puts a big strain on my hips(changed how I sit, walk, stand etc) so anything that adds to that pressure I can't use. looks like a good product , just not for me.