You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default STS... North or South?

Hey, I learned to braise the other day. I got some hardware today and welded up some stuff so it can screw into my riser. I put some dried caulk on the end to use as an sts. It will not fit when put on the south bushing of my riser. The cable moves past the original position of the string when the cam flips over during the draw. So, would I have a problem or get sub-prime performance putting an sts on the north side of my bow?

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderfoot View Post
    Hey, I learned to braise the other day. I got some hardware today and welded up some stuff so it can screw into my riser. I put some dried caulk on the end to use as an sts. It will not fit when put on the south bushing of my riser. The cable moves past the original position of the string when the cam flips over during the draw. So, would I have a problem or get sub-prime performance putting an sts on the north side of my bow?
    depends on it its facing west or not

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default reply

shut it and learn the archery nomenclature

shut it and learn the archery nomenclature
    what in tha devil is nomeclature
    N is on top I guess west would be left

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Way Lowest Junior Member bowtech-john's Avatar

Default Homemade STS

Can you post a picture of your contraption? What did you braze? 3/8 rod, a die and the right bends is all that's needed usually.
    I shoot bonarrow.

Default reply

I cannot find the dang "edit post" button anywhere. I meant "nomeNclature". I'll see if I cannot get some pics up some day soon. Basically I got a bolt that fit into my riser(very uncommon thread count). I also got a 2'' washer(which I glued a wad of the dried caulk tube to). I bought some nuts of more common thread count and "welded" one to the bolt. I also welded another nut to the washer(before glueing the caulk stopper on). Then all I had to do was cut a section of threaded stock(maybe 1/4'') and screw it all together. The glue is still drying, so I haven't shot it yet.

I think I may be lost..........but I don't think I'm alone. So that is good. Pics would really help.

Anybody got a compass?????????????

"HONDA"

The caulk stopper is getting me I cant see how this would take the abuse that a STS endures and not get chopped to pieces
    Mathews Ovation 60 lbs 29 Dl- Ranger custom Strings
    HHA 5500 ol - Trophy Taker shakey hunter-
    Tru Ball pro diamond- Gold Tip X-cutters= awsome shootin'
    (new)FBSA Member

Default Home made STS

I really can't wait to see this. Reminds me of the time I had to engineer the clutch linkage on a Datsun pickup to a 390 I slipped in it.
    I shoot bonarrow.

If your using caulk as your stopper, I would be very concerned here. If that doen't hold up, you are going to blow your string apart when it hits the washer.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If your using caulk as your stopper, I would be very concerned here. If that doen't hold up, you are going to blow your string apart when it hits the washer.
    Being in tha painting profession for 21 years I ahve had caulk set up in my gun and this stuff get radically tuff
    would be very cautiopus to watch how it holds up
    T you got no pics man
    we love dem pics
    It nearly a man law.

Default ????????

Why not just buy one from a company that knows what they are doing? Just my thoughts

Default Sts

Hey Tenderfeet, we're waiting for some pics!!

I would post pics of stuff in the for sale category if I could figure how to resize them. But I aint no 'Puter genius.
    I shoot bonarrow.

Banned

Instead of posting a pic of what ever it was you built could you just tell us what nomeNclature means?

Quote Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
    Instead of posting a pic of what ever it was you built could you just tell us what nomeNclature means?
    I cut things up and split them down!