You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Carbon Arrows

Default Carbon Arrows

I hope someone has the answer to my question.

I have PSE bow with a TN Hunter rest and I am wondering what is needed to change over to carbon arrows. I shoot xx75 game getter arrows now with 125 grain broadhead and I would like to change to carbon but is there a huge cost to do this. I have to buy arrows and now and I would like to change to carbons if it is not too expensive. A friend of mine told me I just have to buy the carbon arrows the same length as my aluminum.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A friend of mine told me I just have to buy the carbon arrows the same length as my aluminum.
    your friend is wrong you listen to him he will cost you money with his lack of knowledge . go to a shop let them see what poundage your pulling your draw length all factors in to what arrow is right for you.
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

Huntin Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by PA.JAY View Post
    your friend is wrong you listen to him he will cost you money with his lack of knowledge . go to a shop let them see what poundage your pulling your draw length all factors in to what arrow is right for you.
    Not to mention possibly running a broken carbon arrow through your hand. Carbon arrows have to matched to your bow. Tip weight, length and poundage will tell you what kind of carbon arrow you will need.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

Default Go Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kman19 View Post
    I hope someone has the answer to my question.

I have PSE bow with a TN Hunter rest and I am wondering what is needed to change over to carbon arrows. I shoot xx75 game getter arrows now with 125 grain broadhead and I would like to change to carbon but is there a huge cost to do this. I have to buy arrows and now and I would like to change to carbons if it is not too expensive. A friend of mine told me I just have to buy the carbon arrows the same length as my aluminum.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Go to your nearest pro shop and get the arrows. That way, the store will help you get set up for a proper fit.

That is what I thought. If it were that easy then these shops would go out of business. Thanks for the info and you guys have a great site here.

where are you located, maybe someone here can point you towards a good shop.........
    I cut things up and split them down!

I agree with the above posters.

See a pro shop for sure. Same arrow in aluminum, all things being the same, is NOT the same with carbon arrows.

Also keep in mind that it might cost more for carbons but their total cost of ownership (unless you loose arrows a lot) will be less since they generally just don't bend and last longer. Today's carbon arrows are really tough things.

I used to use aluminums, switched to carbons, was thinking about going back to aluminums for target/3D and then Bunny hit me in the head with a post that got my thinking back in line...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

I have a PSE nova and switched to carbon arrows and 100 gr tips with a 29 in DL and 60 # and picked up alot of speed for very little cost you can get a half dozen for around 40-60 bucks depending on what you go with. but please go to your local archery shop and get a pros advice on shaft selection.

Thanks for the info guys. I am in Alger Michigan near West Branch and I am thinking about going to Deans bait and archery.