You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Beman 9.3 "Fat-Daddies"

What the heck is the point of these "target arrows". My hunting arrows have stricter tollerances. Do they shoot well, because they look awsome?

fat arrows will cut the line somtimes.. just that lil bit of a extra edge..
    i want to hunt with some fatboys.. but i dont have any yet!

they dont need to be that straight for shooting 20 yards..my buddy has 9.3 and they shoot great, the are easton fatboy reject shafts and cost much less. they use only fatboy components. there on my list should be ordering some soon.

hoyt
    Elite Pure, Limbdriver,Doinker Fatty's,Vaportrails,Fatboys

PSE Vendetta XL,Limbdriver,Doinker,Fatboys,Easton Axis

Default reply

But if they are sold as "target arrows'' it kind of implies they should shoot well past 20. And why do you want to hunt with them? Don't you think the thickness would cuase excess drag and help to plug up would holes on incomplete pass-throughs?

Quote Originally Posted by majorleaguedobberman View Post
    fat arrows will cut the line somtimes.. just that lil bit of a extra edge..
    i want to hunt with some fatboys.. but i dont have any yet!
    You do not want to hunt with Fatboys for a couple of reasons, the main one being that the shaft wall is very thin and the total arrow weight does not help you on the KE side of what a hunting arrow should be doing. Hunting with Fatboys would be a handicap.

You want to use a thicker walled arrow for hunting to minimize or eliminate a carbon arrow splintering in the animal. Fatboys are NOT up that task and are not designed to be so.

For example: The Easton Axis 400 arrows, designed for hunting, are 9 grains per inch and the Fatboy 400s, designed for target/3D, are 7.8 gpi. The diameter of the Axis shafts are about 1/2 that of the Fatboys but the wall thickness of the Axis shafts are about twice as thick or maybe more as the Fatboys.

Fatboys are built for one use and that's target/3D, not hunting. And you might have a big issue with trying to get a broadhead to fit properly on the end of a Fatboy with an insert. Everybody I shoot with that use Fatboys also use a glue in point and don't use an insert, with the exception of some indoor spots folks that want the extra front weight for a better FOC.

Hope that helped some.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Fatboys are very accurate at well over 50 yards. These are not indoor specific arrows, they are predominately 3D arrows and probably the most popular 3D arrow in the world. They are the best flying and most durable 3D shaft I've ever used. Just a great all around target shaft!

I have Fatboys and my buddy has 9.3's. yes 9.3's are the rejected Fatboy shafts but they are still very good arrows. He uses them for 3d and I might have bought some too had I not bought a dozen Fatboys about a month before the 9.3's came out. besides the difference in the tolerance is not enough for anyone but a serious pro might notice just my 2c
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Does anyone have any real proof that these arrows are Fatboy rejects. Or is it just because they are cheaper?
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

I am not sure about solid proof but beamen is owned by Easton and they take all the same components and the specs are a little worse than Fatboys....oh and a couple shop owners told me
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I heard it on AT, so it must be GOSPEL
    I cut things up and split them down!

Beman 9.3 are made by Easton. That is where the assumption comes from.