You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's your goal for this hunting season?

Anyone have any goals for this hunting season? Do you want to shoot a bigger deer than last year or are you chasing a specific deer you have seen or have trail camera shots of?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Nope I shoot for meat and go for smaller does. If I had some good trophys on the last piece of land I have access to I leave them for others to get and brag about.

The trophy thing is just not me and never will be.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I plan on getting a couple of does for meat
    then I am gonna hold out for a big un for dad
    which passed away in june

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

This is my first season hunting deer with a bow, and my goal is to get a buck, 6 point or bigger. I don't think I'll take a buck if it is a spike or fork, if that is all I see I will take a doe instead. My main goal is to get a buck to walk right by my stand and not realize I am there, whether I take him or not...I just want to prove to myself that I can find a great spot, become invisible to the deer, and be in control of the situation. Not need to feel pressured into taking a 40 + yard shot at a buck.

If I can accomplish that this season, I'll be one happy hunter
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

im after a giant 7 pt. that i have seen multiple times and have a few trail cam pics of. i posted it on here under "nice buck"
    Parker Hornet 28" 70#
    easton epic 400gr. RAGE 2 blade

Same goal as always chill watch the world go by for 1 week . maybe take a shot if it presents it's self if not it's ok.. and figure out this damn gps that can't find it way back to the truck !! grrrr !!!
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

To not miss the first 2 in a row due to my own inability to close the deal...
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Phillipians 4:13
    Quickstand Archery
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings
    God's Country Outdoors

dodgensince74

to just be able to see a nice buck, shooting one would just be a bonus

Good thread! My goal is to kill my bag limit!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Anyone have any goals for this hunting season? Do you want to shoot a bigger deer than last year or are you chasing a specific deer you have seen or have trail camera shots of?

Team 6

I want to get better at hunting thickets in gun season but with my Bow,its so easy for me to grab the ole 12 gauge and sling some 1 oz slugs...We have what is called our Wet-Lands area at work...It is so thick you can barely walk through it,you might make it 40 yrds deep...I have been scouting the outskirts of it pretty hard this past week...There are several Persimmons,Oaks,and Paw Paws along with Crab Apples and tons of low browse...It is one of 3 parts of work property that hasnt been logged...It is required by government for us to set aside so much land,our Wet-Lands area cannot be logged...The more I hunt it, the better it will be for me in the long run..A 10 yrd shot would be about all your going to get safely...

This season and every one after I am dedicating to Archery only...I took my Ole Slug gun and my dads today...

I would like to take a Doe and a pretty nice 8 pointer I been seeing...I got some pix tonight,Ill post them later...I have another spot on State land that i hunt every year,I would like to take another Doe there...
    To become a Bow Hunter,you must become a Archer first !!!

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
    team 6
    1.MagnifiedFur
    2.bamaboydave
    3.red man
    4.tnts79
    5.bowcraze30

The 8 pt. that taunted me last year I was seeing him up till march he was walking through my yard

I would like to be able to enjoy a couple of days in the stand, this year, and not feel the pressure of HAVING to kill a deer, or feel that the time i spent in the stand was wasted......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

My goal is to convince the C.O. of our Base to open up at least one weekend to bow hunting in the back acreage... We are a "closed" installation but the deer can jump a 10 foot razor-wire topped perimeter fence that adjoins to an apple, peach and pear orchard and several fields of corn...

Still, we are WAY OVER the maximum population we can sustain. Some egg heads from the State even cam in and did a count and told them so... I've sat in my patrol vehicle and counted no less than 40 head at one time grazing in the un-mowed fields after dark.

But Nooo, we have to be this "kinder gentler military" and let the deer starve to death instead of harvesting them humanely, because some squeamish spouse might get offended if we killed the animal I've actually had deer "race" along side me for up to a mile on my bicycle while riding the perimeter roads. That's freaky let me tell you to be riding along minding your own business and have a deer run up along side you and pace you going down the road.

C'Mon, just two days, Sir... TWO DAYS, and we'll take care of the "problem" and have a free BBQ and feed the whole base when we are done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I would like to be able to enjoy a couple of days in the stand, this year, and not feel the pressure of HAVING to kill a deer, or feel that the time i spent in the stand was wasted......
    The best part of bow hunting is being up in the stand watching learning and just in joying nature Taking a deer is a bonus

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Put some in the freezer, I'm just now starting to get in the mood to go out and do it.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

the long Caribou

Default bow bird

This here rookie has his sights set on a turkey this fall. I came close last spring with a shotgun and this will be another chance. I am not ruling out a pig if the opportunity shows itself. One step at a time, maybe next season I can be ready for the bigger game, I do love venison, and for me it has always been to bring something home for the table. I do wish everyone a safe and quality archery season! Thanks to those who have offered their experience and knowledge.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

This here rookie has his sights set on a turkey this fall.
    My daughter is in the same frame of mind.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Time in the woods is the main goal. 1 in the freezer would be good. If I can really dream, 1 each with compound and recurve. I have'nt taken one with a recurve since I started as a kid of 15. Looking forward to a little "ME" time.
    FBSA Member

not miss
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

i havent be able to go for the last 4 years. im going this year and my goal is to just get out there and enjoy it. if i happen to get a deer great!
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!