You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Guru

My goal this season is to get out more... Shooting a deer is just a bonus. For me its about getting out in the tree and relaxing without worrying about the stresses of work (unless I'm on the clock that is hehe)

I'm hoping to shoot another yearling this year, we had a blast 2 years ago with cooking it over the open fire on a spit... Maybe I'll even invite Bunny and JayAre this year...

nahhhhhh :P
    No I'm not dead

I would love a couple of does for the freezer (we just used up our last pound of meat the other day.) I would need a buck that would surpass my current best (120 P&Y). I have gone a couple years w/o a buck, but am happy killing does until the right one comes along. I also get a great sense of accomplishment passing up the bucks that don't quite make the cut.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Goal # 1, to enjoy the beauty and appreciate the freedom I have to hunt. Goal #2, to fill my kill tags and the freezer. Goal # 3, to see and maybe arrow a nice buck.

Default reply

My goal last year was 2 does and a buck. I shot my goal...but only bagged one doe. Dern do I punch it when I am nervous. I got a guy who will take the meat off my hands this year, so hopefully I can get the doe pop under controll. I don' like to shoot much more than a doe and then maybe a trophy buck becuase it takes so much time to process them. I got two-blade heads and fobs, so I am planning on getting pass throughs to keep broken arrow costs down, I plan on taking so many. Hopefull the brisket shot 10 pointer will come back with 12, but I am not hoping on a buck. My goal is to sleep more and not have hunting slave me like it did last year. I would get up 6 mornings a week at 5 just to try and get one. I want it to be fun and not just pure addiction. I could not cease hunting- I had to, no matter how misserable the weather or how tired or whatever. Even when I wasn't hunting I was thinking about it. I had it bad last year. Hopefully I can control my life this year.

shoot a couple nice does and hopefully shoot a mature buck in Indiana and Ohio

Default My Goal

I have been bow hunting since I was 16yrs old. I spent 6 months in military school. I then joined the army and with Iraq and everything have not got that much time to Bow hunt. So this year my goal will be to get my first kill on any animal deer or wild pig with a bow for the first time. I have some really nice bucks scouted about 20yrs from my stand a 4, 8 and 10 pointer. I would like a buck to be my first bow kill. But I can't eat horns so im not to picky.

To fill my freezer..............don't care about the wall.

"HONDA"

My goal has been the same now for the past 3 years. I first want to pop a doe or two for meat then im after the same big dude i have been after for 3 years. He's like a legend on the property i hunt and ive always been on em hes always just one step ahead of me. Last year i bought rifle tags and went out with my bow. I had a close call with that deer. He actually chagred at me scared the piss outa me. Hes the biggest deer ive seen and hes an absolute ghost. I am almost hesitant to take a shot at him because once hes gone whats next ya know hes the absolute trophy known on the property i hunt and i think the hunts always way more fun than the kill ya know.

Sophia's dad

1st yr. with my new bow. Love to get 1. I just enjoy being out in the peace & quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Anyone have any goals for this hunting season? Do you want to shoot a bigger deer than last year or are you chasing a specific deer you have seen or have trail camera shots of?
    My goal would be to not get fired from work from taking off too many days to go hunting

Future goals = get my 4 year old and 18 month old daughters involved in the outdoors.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

My goal is to shoot 2 does for the freezer....Then hunt the rut for 10 days straight and wack a dandy! I get my does out of the way early and fill the freezer . Then get serious about killing big daddy,maybe
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

I hope to get about 5 to 10 days in the stand, and bag 2 or 3 does. I don't care about antlers, just want to fill the freezer with as much high quality meat as my $10 doe permit will give me. And get some good quiet thinking time in the tree stand. That seems to be the only place I can collect my thoughts in peace and quiet anymore.
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Getting a crack at one of these guys would be fine with me. Found all four 3/2/2008
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick
    2005 Hoyt Vtec 28/70

Well... First year bow hunting, have been out for about a week now and have some nice bucks lined up. Nice 5x5 thats already lost it's valvet so would be nice to see him walk by my stand... if not, just a first buck with bow would be nice.
    Fingers Crossed!

Tag out on the wad of doe tags I got and see if i can get a shot at Bambi's gramps. As of yet........no luck

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Werd View Post
    not miss
    Now thats avery good goal
    now here are some objectives to help a fellar to obtain that goal
    take 20yrd or less shots/ means waiting on to come on in
    picking a good spot /largest area and in the middle, lungs
    take only side or large quarting away view shots
    having a good rememberence of the form and using it that puts the arrow on a straight path
    practice practice pratice

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Shoot a P&Y buck....period

I will get my meat deer....I want some horns to chew on!
    Hook 'Em Horns

Wha
    t's your goal for this hunting season?
    breaking the P&Y world record. I'm not picky, I'll take typical or non-tippy.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Shoot 3 deer to fill a freezer, if one was a nice 8 point (or better) that would be nice.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Anyone have any goals for this hunting season? Do you want to shoot a bigger deer than last year or are you chasing a specific deer you have seen or have trail camera shots of?
    my goal is to take at least 2 deer a buck and a doe honestly don't care how big the buck is what about you what is your goal?