You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: What is it.....

Default What is it.....

that the companys keep selling other peoples stuff as there own? I mean I under stand that the genisis bow is a great way to introduce people of all ages into archery, but when every company offers them? its a little silly, I think. And in another thread we were discussing the Sure-loc Special-Ops and the Cobra sure loc Sidewinder (the same sight). Why not just come up w/something on there own, thats what we have design teams for. Then of course there all the cries of one company right now having an exact knock off, minus the name as another.

I dont understand why in a world where everyone is striving to be different that at the same time we are trying desparately to be the same. I hope everyone understands this is not a bashing against any of the companys I have listed here or refered to, just a question.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Companys go with what sells meaning if they see something new selling good they immediately come up with their own version of it. Just like the first car company that came out with power windows or locks it probably did'nt take long for others to follow. Its all about the almighty dollar!!!

"HONDA"

The sure-loc/cobra item is a joint venture. They both engineered different parts of the sight. This is why they are both selling it. It's not a copied product like some. They actually worked together on it.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I see your point, i just think this is happening to often. The same thing happened in the ATV industry a year or so ago. Suzuki needed a 700 size machine while they were developing the King Quad, so they went to Kawi and said look let us put our name (twin peaks) on your Prarie 650 and we will let you put yours on our ZR400.

I also rember a few years ago, didnt a son or daughter from hoyt, get together w/a son or daughter from truglo (married I think) to make the sights that hoyt sold in there kits? i maybe wrong it was a while ago 5 or 6 years ago.
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default kawi/suzi

Bowman, The kawasaki/suzuki you are referring to is sort of the same thing as the sureloc/cobra deal. except instead of a joint venture they are the same company now and have been for about a year or two. I race motocross and this has been going on. Its not all bad they both have their own design teams and still sell them as Suzuki's and Kawasaki's. You also have dealers that carry one but not the other. hope that solves your questions about the quads.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade