You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Brown its down MObottomshunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    28

    Default Tree stand problem

    Ok i set my stand up in mid. of the summer. I have been going and preping other trees to be set up and i went by the first tree i set up and my tree steps are missing! someone stole them. i honestly didnt think anyone would walk through what you have to get to the tree for example a swamp. It just really bothers me that someone would do that sort of thing, i guess i cant get to mad though because it is on public land but still ya know.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MichiganHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI.
    Posts
    976

    Default

    that happens all the time. when im not around the only thing i leave in the tree is the T screw. i know to many people that have had there screw-ins and tree stands stolen.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

  3. #3
    Senior Member duckslayer870's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    W. Kentucky
    Posts
    231

    Default

    some people will go to great effort to steal. if they would put that much effort into work they wouldnt have to steal. . I had a two man buddy stand stole. several years ago and they had to cross a fence and pack it out by hand, there was no tracks around the site so they had to be on foot.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MichiganHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI.
    Posts
    976

    Default

    theres a place around here where they will steal your stand & your deer if you leave it lay overnight. they come in at night after you leave with there dogs and go find peoples deer. bunch of sorry sob's.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buckley, Michigan
    Posts
    671

    Default

    I haven't had anything stolen, yet. I hunt public land 90% of the time, so It's bound to happen eventually. I make my own stands and climbing sticks, so I'm only out the time and materials if it happens. I paint each stand to match the tree color. I make the climbing sticks out of small cedars and they blend in pretty well. I'm working on a stand design this year that will fold down flat against the tree when I'm gone. I also got an Ambush Saddle this year. As long as I keep steps with me I can hunt most areas, anyway. I'll still hang 6 or 8 stands every year, but the Saddle will change things alot.

  6. #6
    Senior Member trinibob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganHunter View Post
    theres a place around here where they will steal your stand & your deer if you leave it lay overnight. they come in at night after you leave with there dogs and go find peoples deer. bunch of sorry sob's.
    well in my neck of the woods if you do leave a stand in that they cant get to they will pepper it with bird shot !!!
    and a big how do to my michigan brothers!!

    still looking for shooting and hunting buddies!!
    Archers Archery staff shooter
    Carter co-op shooter
    Mathews conquest 4 spot killer
    2011 ZMAG foam killer

  7. #7
    Brown its down MObottomshunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    28

    Default

    im using an ambush saddle thats why only the tree steps got stolen cuz they were the only thing up. Last year i had my ladder stand get stolen on the same property. they cut the chain and everything.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MichiganHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI.
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trinibob View Post
    well in my neck of the woods if you do leave a stand in that they cant get to they will pepper it with bird shot !!!
    and a big how do to my michigan brothers!!

    still looking for shooting and hunting buddies!!

    im always up for shooting, hunting & fishing.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

  9. #9
    Senior Member MichiganHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI.
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MObottomshunter View Post
    im using an ambush saddle thats why only the tree steps got stolen cuz they were the only thing up. Last year i had my ladder stand get stolen on the same property. they cut the chain and everything.
    my dad had his screw-ins taken one year and we acually got them back. my dads old hunting buddy knew the guy that took them. said they didnt know they were his. he had only been hunting in the same place for the past 10 years.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

  10. #10
    Senior Member trinibob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganHunter View Post
    my dad had his screw-ins taken one year and we acually got them back. my dads old hunting buddy knew the guy that took them. said they didnt know they were his. he had only been hunting in the same place for the past 10 years.
    are we talking about on state land ??
    Archers Archery staff shooter
    Carter co-op shooter
    Mathews conquest 4 spot killer
    2011 ZMAG foam killer

  11. #11
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,883

    Default

    I really hate theives.............


    "HONDA"

  12. #12
    Senior Member MichiganHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI.
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trinibob View Post
    are we talking about on state land ??
    yup... we would normaly take then out during the week when we went back home. but we left them in because we would be back in 2 days.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

  13. #13
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganHunter View Post
    my dad had his screw-ins taken one year and we acually got them back. my dads old hunting buddy knew the guy that took them. said they didnt know they were his. he had only been hunting in the same place for the past 10 years.
    "Didn;t know they were his ?"....
    Man, so if they belonged to somebody else the guy would have been OK with stealing them ?

    Man, what an ignorant jerk. I can't stand people who disrespect other's property. That kind of stuff is just rediculous.

    I use a climber on public land, when I actually do hunt on public land. I've heard too many stories about stuff getting stolen and I don't feel like being a victim.

    Good luck this season guys !

    Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

    Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

  14. #14
    Senior Member MichiganHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Clinton Township, MI.
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    "Didn;t know they were his ?"....
    Man, so if they belonged to somebody else the guy would have been OK with stealing them ?

    Man, what an ignorant jerk. I can't stand people who disrespect other's property. That kind of stuff is just rediculous.

    I use a climber on public land, when I actually do hunt on public land. I've heard too many stories about stuff getting stolen and I don't feel like being a victim.

    Good luck this season guys !

    Ron

    exactly my point. they thought it would be ok if it was someone elses.needless to say we dont hunt with them or around them anymore.
    FBSA MEMBER
    http://www.thefbsa.com/
    counting down till next season!

  15. #15
    Senior Member 'SIN'ERGY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading PA
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    I just had my Moultrie game cam stolen last week. It was on private land that borders public area. Someone had to tresspassed to get it. Anyway, the stealing my camera part was not what made me so mad. I take my 5 yr old son with me to set cams and then go pick em up. Well what really made me mad was having to explain to a very upset little boy why the camera was gone and why someone would take it. I would love to run into one of these pieces of crap someday!!
    SAVE A BUCK--SHOOT AN OUTFITTER

  16. #16
    Senior Member trinibob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganHunter View Post
    yup... we would normaly take then out during the week when we went back home. but we left them in because we would be back in 2 days.
    are we not allowed to poke holes in the DNRS trees on state land in michigan??

    would hate to see you half to buy a new tree just so the tree hugging DNR can sell it to a timber company to cut down.
    am I wrong here??
    Archers Archery staff shooter
    Carter co-op shooter
    Mathews conquest 4 spot killer
    2011 ZMAG foam killer

Similar Threads

  1. My first tree stand
    By thjacobi in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
  2. WTB tree stand harness
    By red man in forum WTB: Want to Buy Archery Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 01:37 AM
  3. tree stand
    By brandon45 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:25 AM
  4. Tree stand harness.
    By RiverRob in forum Archery Equipment Accessories - Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 03:24 PM
  5. Tree stand price?
    By Major257 in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 03:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •