You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Whisker buscuit ?

What arrow do you all suggest for a WB rest? I use Goldtip 7595 but they are noisy on drawback. I have heard that the Easton Axis or Beaman ICS Hunter black shaft's are the best for the WB. I am tired of timing issues with all these drop aways. I want something that is easy to set-up, tune and be done with it!

I had just as good results with a WB as I did with my TT Shakey Hunter. I just did not like the noise on drawback so I put the drop away back on.

I shoot a 07' Bowtech Allegiance at #70 and a 28" arrow. I need a arrow that is 420 grains min for state law. I was thinking of the Easton Axis 340 arrow with a 100 grain tip and 3 blazers.

Will I be spined right with this set-up?

I use carbon express terminator hunters and have no problem with noise on drawback.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

dodgensince74

I rub a little bit of arrow wax on my WB and have never had any problems with noise, I use CX maximas and CX maxima hunters.

Bust 'Em

you are correct the beman ics or the easton axis are wonderful thru the wb.i also shoot a wb and use axis and there isn't any noise from the rest at draw.i also shoot gold tip pro hunters and i hear a slight rubbing noise because the finish isn't as smooth on a gold tip as the beman ics or axis.
    whitearrow->>>------------------>

Default reply

You can rub parafin wax into the shafts also. Just keep rubbing with a rag till it is about to catch fire. That'll melt it right into the fibers and make it silent.

Quote Originally Posted by whitearrow View Post
    you are correct the beman ics or the easton axis are wonderful thru the wb.i also shoot a wb and use axis and there isn't any noise from the rest at draw.i also shoot gold tip pro hunters and i hear a slight rubbing noise because the finish isn't as smooth on a gold tip as the beman ics or axis.
    whitearrow->>>------------------>
    What size buscuit whould you recommend for those shafts? and of the two mentioned which is better? I have to have a 420 grain arrow min. for state law.

I shoot a 70# Bowtech Allegiance and want to use a buscuit with a 28" arrow and 3 blazers and a wrap. Other than price of the two arrows what would be best together to get my 420 grains?

I need size "small" right?

Default reply

I got regular size, and the shafts fit in there like the manufacturer recomends(A bit lose).

I sure as heck would try the wax on the shafts before shelling $$ out for new arrows. You have nothing to lose.
    FBSA Member

Bust 'Em

jds, so sorry it took so long to get back to you with an answer but i only get on 3d shoots while at work.but for an answer if you shoot the ics go with the medium size biscuit and if you choose to shoot the acis you can go with the small size biscuit.but,i shoot my axis thru the medium size hole and no problems as i also shoot gold tips some time.if you want a really heavy arrow you might try the easton fmj or the beman mfx line of hit arrows.they are both heavier than the axis or the ics.
    hope i helped you out and not too late,
    whitearrow->>>--------------------->
    Last edited by whitearrow; 09-18-2008 at 02:59 AM.

Default Nothing wrong with a bisquit

Whisker does a good job- I put one on my brothers bow.

I shoot the Trophy Taker drop away and really like the drop aways for accuracy. Both will get the job done.
    Attached Images Attached Images