You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default My first tree stand

I finally got my first tree stand on Monday and I put it up yesterday (Tuesday). What a sweet feeling. this is my first year hunting deer and I finally feel like it will acctually happen now. My buddy has ten acers with a lot of deer on it. All his neighbors are cool with hunting so I have a huge area pretty much to myself and one other hunter. I am staying on my friends land and he showed me some sweet spots for my stand.
    Proud Member of the F.B.S.A.
    Browning Summit II @ 64#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Muzzy MX4 100Grain

I had to add a ratchet strap to make it more stable, other than that it is rock solid and very comfortable. We'll see this weekend if I can shoot a deer out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Browning Summit II @ 64#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Muzzy MX4 100Grain

My first treestand was a baker climber and I fell out of it within 30 seconds after going up a tree in my yard.Actually it was a telephone pole and I had huge bloody slivers all throughout my stomach, chest,and arms when I hit the ground, evidently i hugged the pole all the way down. After my brother found out I wasn't seriously injuried he couldn't stop laughing.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

Ouch!!!! I am a little afraid of hieghts so I will deffinitly be wearing the harness it came with.

Must have been a funny sight and i bet you had fun pulling all those slivers out!
    Browning Summit II @ 64#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Muzzy MX4 100Grain

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Congratulations - enjoy it and your first one is a trophy no matter what.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by thjacobi View Post
    Ouch!!!! I am a little afraid of hieghts so I will deffinitly be wearing the harness it came with.

Must have been a funny sight and i bet you had fun pulling all those slivers out!
    Smart man.
    "I have a passion for whitetail deer, not a passion for killing them. The fact that I deer hunt does not make me their enemy, but their guardian."
    I play snake

Can't wait to hear more when you get the heart pounding experience of up close and personal tree stand hunting. I clean missed the first three shots I had with a bow. I finally calmed down enough to arrow the fourth one, though. Good luck, and have fun!

dodgensince74

Quote Originally Posted by thjacobi View Post
    I had to add a ratchet strap to make it more stable, other than that it is rock solid and very comfortable. We'll see this weekend if I can shoot a deer out of it.
    I would have add alot more then just a ratchet strap to get me in that thing . I am a big whoose when it comes to hights and small stands, heck even with big stands

Default Phone Pole

Guess you never read the insturctions were is mention's don't climb power poles.

Hey nice rig. Good luck this weekend, I will be out also. I am hunting in Ottertail county, MN. If it's brown, it's down!
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

Guess you never read the insturctions were is mention's don't climb power poles.
    Yeah young and dumb
    When I fell I trashed the stand so after the first aid was over I brought it back and said it was all bent up when I got it. Since the reciept was for the same day they gave me a new one.
    Actually was the start of me killing deer instead of walking around in the woods all day. Did I mention it was around 1975.
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Hey nice rig. Good luck this weekend, I will be out also. I am hunting in Ottertail county, MN. If it's brown, it's down!
    Thanks, good luck to you too. I am hunting in Carlton County. I am hoping to at least see a deer without peeing myself.
    Last edited by thjacobi; 09-12-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Browning Summit II @ 64#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Muzzy MX4 100Grain