You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Favorite Trail or Deer camera?

What's your favorite trail camera. I'm looking for a good IR camera. Thinking the Cuddeback No Flash but see there's a lot of new cams available. Video mode would be real nice to have might be a necessity on choosing.

I just read some really good stuff on the Leaf River / Vibrashine IR5 & IR7SS cameras.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Chris; 09-14-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Archery fanatic

I have a cuddyback and a stealth cam, there are things about both I like and dont like, Ive had to send the cuddyback back for repair twice but still believe its a good camera, the stealthcam takes good pics and good video and the batteries seem to last alot longer. just my .02
    APEX 7 FOR PAPER & FOAM
    DXT FOR FLESH & BONE
    POSTEN, SWORD, COPPER JOHN, QAD, RC

Huntin Junkie

I have been using the Wildview 2.0. Cheap, easy and great pics. Battery life is not super, but some rechargables or the Stealthcam battery pack work great. I could not see the extra cost of the Cudde Back for just taking a pic to see what is there. JMO.
    Introduce a kid to the outdoors, the American way depends on it

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
    Octane Hostage Pro
    Octane quiver
    G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
    Sims S-coil
    Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps

This may sound a little biased since i sell these, but the Predator Evolution XR's are unbeatable for quality and function if you want to take video with a "TRUE" IR camera. I used the rest and now sell one of the best in Predator since i tried one and it worked so well! Look them up on predatortrailcams.com to get more info.
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    PREDATOR TRAILCAM's - TUFF BLINDS- Double D arrow pullers
    ARTIC ARMOR- The warmest/ lightest suits period- and they float!
    ASAT Blinds and camo clothing Dealer
    2009 MONSTER PHOENIX-i'm not afraid of monsters!

Quote Originally Posted by swampbuck View Post
    This may sound a little biased since i sell these, but the Predator Evolution XR's are unbeatable for quality and function if you want to take video with a "TRUE" IR camera. I used the rest and now sell one of the best in Predator since i tried one and it worked so well! Look them up on predatortrailcams.com to get more info.
    Give me some details.
    How fast is the trigger speed?
    Any independent websites have any reviews of it?
    What's the price range?
    How's the battery life?

Thanks
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Hey Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What's your favorite trail camera. I'm looking for a good IR camera. Thinking the Cuddeback No Flash but see there's a lot of new cams available. Video mode would be real nice to have might be a necessity on choosing.

I just read some really good stuff on the Leaf River / Vibrashine IR5 & IR7SS cameras.

Thoughts?

All my buddys have the Cuddebacks, I just did a trade for a no flash Cuddeback for myself. ($399.00 to streep for me to purchase to get stolen) My buddys have had to send there cuddebacks for repair but agree there good cameras. I have a wildview 4X camera for the price its OK. I do like stealth and wildview because you can attach the 12 volt battery system to give long life. Leaf River has always got good reviews on the forums I have read. There just exspensive like the Cuddebacks.

Im hearing lots of good reviews on the Moultrees I-40 no flash for around $199.00 from several guys.

One guy at AT making a homebrew camera for around $160.00 with sont camera. Pretty good camera for the price. Its a flash camera.

I think we will see pricwes come down on no flash in the future.
    DB

I have been very happy with the quality and trigger speed of the 2 Homebrew camera's I bought off that other site that is always down.
    Elite Synergy (311 FPS) - GT Arrows - Sling Braid
    Zona Archery Longbow - Cedar Arrows

Keeping the FBSA in fashionable clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Give me some details.
    How fast is the trigger speed?
    Any independent websites have any reviews of it?
    What's the price range?
    How's the battery life?

Thanks
    Well, the short version is (website has alot more info) it has a 1/4 second speed trigger, which is very realistic since i catch running deer (all of the deer) across open hayfields all the time on video. It's motion sensor actually picks up objects beyond 100 feet and you can see animals out to at least 50 feet at night, but beyond 30 feet they get hard to make out horns as it uses true IR for night vision. It is a 0.04 LUX camera and they worked real hard to remove all the noise in their pics by using a quality lense/camera (no plastic lenses on it- glass only). Batteries are doing real good after alot of toying around with it after two weeks they only dropped one volt (14.5 to 13.5) and will work well until they drop down to 9 volts. I have a external rechargable battery pack for them i'm going to try as soon as my AA's die that is supposed to last 4 months on a charge. After one season, that external battery will pay for itself. Watch their videos on the website, i can assure you there is no trick editing done to them as my video is exactly like theirs (minus the B&C studs they got)! Price range runs from around $369 or $449 but pm me for a special deal!
    There aren't any reviews yet on the new 2008 Evo XR's or the Xtinctions that i know of, except maybe some personal reviews?
    BLIND HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    PREDATOR TRAILCAM's - TUFF BLINDS- Double D arrow pullers
    ARTIC ARMOR- The warmest/ lightest suits period- and they float!
    ASAT Blinds and camo clothing Dealer
    2009 MONSTER PHOENIX-i'm not afraid of monsters!