You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Question Slicktrick Bhoadheads

Anybody use these heads? The original 1" or 1 1/8" mags? It just seems to me that the blade angle is too steep. I know it all depends on where the shot placement is but I have always thought that the angle should slowly taper back twords the ferrule like a Muzzy or a Thunderhead or maybe a Sonic. I shot a deer last year with a ST complete passthrew and found very little blood (i did find her though) but the blades were bent real bad. I like the steel ferrule though. You think it's too steep of an angle?

I also shot another deer with a 100gr Sonic, complete passthrew and the ferrule and blades were 100% ok. No nicks, bends...nothing. Not a lot of blood though (bled internally, severed the heart artery ) but even so the angle is a lot different than a ST.

What's your opinions??

Any way to stop the whistle from the ST's?

Adam of Archery Outfitter fstgstdsmpay's Avatar

I have been shooting the ST Mags for the last 2 years and this year im switching over to the new Grizz Tricks. Never had a problem with blood tails usually massive, I have only had one out of the past 9 deer I shot with St that a had less then average blood and that was my fault and poor shot placement. I also have not actually bent a ST blade I have dinged them up alot but never bent, and I have busted bone entering and exiting on the same shot. But thats just my experience. Never tried the sonic dont really like the design. As far as the noise goes no they make that noise because of the design ther unaerodynamic thats why there so accurate it forces its way through the air rather then riding it, in a sense.

cool, thanks for you story and info I think I am going to go back to slicktricks too. I really like the 4 blade heads better.

Default Video

Quote Originally Posted by jds-1 View Post
    cool, thanks for you story and info I think I am going to go back to slicktricks too. I really like the 4 blade heads better.
    Check it out. 40lb bow at 240fps and look at all the blood.

Click Here

Slicktrick Bhoadheads - Bowhunting forum