You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2008 Hunting picture Thread Only

Hey guys always my favorite thread of the year. Love seeing those smiling faces with those harvests. So lets let this thread be for pictures only and the stories and Hopefully Chris will stick this one at the top.

Good Luck to all this year

Ill start with my 2008 spring turkey

10 3/4 beard taken from my double bull with a razorback five on a Goldtip XT arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got to my stand today at 1445 hrs. with the hopes of seeing a nice drop tine 10 pt. that me and my buddy had gotten a few trail cam photos of over the past few weeks.The action started around 1630 hrs. when two does came waltzing behind my treesand.They stuck around for awhile,and then meandered off towards a stream that is directly to the left of my stand.Things remained quiet for the next hour.Then at 1743 hrs.,I had a small forkhorn walk in and hang around my stand for about 20 minutes.The deer then proceeded to walk off in the same direction as the two does.Within a minute after the forky walked off,I saw the big drop tine buck heading towards my stand.The buck was approaching my stand very slowly,acting quite skittish due to the racket that the squirrels were making around my stand.Just watching how this deer behaved compared to the others that I saw,you could tell it was a mature animal.The buck took about 15 minutes to walk 10 yards.Eventually the deer ended up standing off to my left at 10 yards,offering me no chance at a shot due to several small branches and body angle (quatering to me).I was at full draw for sometime when the buck was finally spooked off by the squirrels.The deer then stood at about 40 yards and remained obscured by branches and saplings.Then suddenly what appears but a smaller 8 pt. buck which proceeds to walk over to the big 10.The bucks then began lightly sparring for several minutes before they both eventually walked off.I thought that was it for the night.Then,at 1845 hrs. I see the smaller 8 heading back towards me again,with the big 10 trailing about 30 yards behind.The 8 pt. driifted away from my stand but the big drop tine 10 continued on a course that was taking it 20 yards out in front of my stand.I came to full draw but was unable to get a shot once again due to brush and saplings.the deer then turned and began walking directly at my stand and stopped 10 yards away,facing me and offering no shot....again.I waited at full draw for about a minute plus,when the deer finally turned and began walking away,offering me a nice 22 yard quatering away shot.At the shot,I watched the deer mule kick as the arrow took it perfectly behind the right shoulder.As the deer ran off it stumbled to the ground twice before disappearing.I then got my gear together and proceeded to call my two buddies who arrived shortly to help me track.The blood trail was a little spotty at first but then it got heavier.We were on the trail when one of my friends looked up and noticed the buck lying about 25 yards in front of us.The deer only made it 50 or so yards.Upon inspection of the buck I noticed that my shot was perfect.It took out both lungs and the top part of the heart before exiting through the left shoulder.The arrow had also been snapped in two.I used my 67 # '05 Pearson Edge bow with 250 Carbon Express arrows tipped with a 100 grain Magnus Snuffer SS broadhead and guided by 3 blazer vanes.Total arrow weight was 368 grains.Arrow speed was chrono'ed at 286 fps.I also used a Scott silver Horn release,TR Drop Zone rest, and a Viper Predator sight.The deer dressed out at 182 lbs.It has a few kickers on its' left beam including the drop tine.

2008 Hunting picture Thread Only - Bowhunting forum

Here is a traicam picture of the buck taken a couple of days before I killed it.

I shot this doe Sunday the 21st in Ottertail County , MN. She came out to the bean field at last light. My brother-in-law was with me in the tree with the video camera. She came in quatering toward me to much and when she presented a broadside shot I drew my V-tec. Insted of stopping broadside she kept pivoting until I had a hard quartering away shot. At 25 yards my rage found it's make and 50 yards later she was down.
    Hoyt Vtec +
    Rage Broadheads
    =
    A lot of blood.

My first deer!!!

Kill date:
    Opening day in Texas 9-27-08

Equipment used:
    Mathews DXT (24 in draw, 48 lbs)
    GoldTip 3575 Hunter Series
    Magnus Stinger Broadhead

Heart shot, clean pass through!!!

Staff Shooter: On Target Archery--Vortex Optics--Sure-Loc--T.R.U. Ball--Gold Tip-- Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers

Another spot and stalk Mulie.
    I shot this buck after a 1/2 mile stalk. Spotting another buck moving down around a rock bluff to a bedding area in some sagebrush I closed the distance quickly then moved really slow the last 50 yards or so. As I inched up over the top I saw a 3X3 bed down out at about 40 yards and sat down to survey the area but couldn't see everything over the edge. After 5-10 minutes I moved up a bit more and spotted this buck laying in some brush with just his head and part of his neck showing and ranged him at 31 yards. Less than a minute later I caught movement out of the corner of my eye of another buck getting up, he had spotted me. As he started to walk away this buck stood up giving me a fairly hard quartering away shot at his left side. I quickly drew and put my 30 yard pin on the back of the ribcage and touched off the shot . It went in toward the back of the ribcage and came out the front of the upper right leg, lower front of his chest. I must have missed one lung as he ran 200-250 yards before going down into a heavy brush pocket and expiring. I had been chasing this buck for a week after picking him out during preseason scouting before everything came together. 24" outside spread, kind of messed up the velvet getting him out. It took 3 hours to get him out the 3 miles where he died. I used my GTO set at 61#'s 28" draw with 100gr. Montec on an C/X 250 Maxima Hunter weighing 366 gr.

I've been busy, man I love spotting and stalking mulies. It is really dry and difficult under these conditions we have currently, but with patience and persistence it can be done. My son and I spotted this deer while trying to figure out how to get around a bunch of does and fawns to get to another 3 point buck. We spotted two bucks and were amazed when they saw us, we then watched and waited until they came directly to us. They must have thought we were other deer and popped over the hill 30 yards away but my son had no shot as the lead buck, the legal one, was facing head on to us offering no shot. The buck must have then thought discretion was the better part of valor and left back over the hill. Then the 2 point with him came up and practically begged us to shoot him. By the time he cleared out, they gave us the slip so we looped around to go after the afore mentioned 3 point. When we got about 100 yards away the same 2 point popped his head over the brush and we got down low and waited. We then saw the 3x2 that came up to us earlier feeding away across the fence followed by mister 2 point. We would wait until they got out of sight then move up until we could see one or the other again. Finally after a 1/4 mile or so of this they went down into a pocket of brush. We moved up to the edge and glassed for a while and saw the 3 point going out of the pocket with a doe. If the two we were following were still in there I thought they would be out of range if the buck we were after did stand up. So I got out my sneaky feet booties and told my son to put them on, we were going to get closer. We made a careful and slow approach to the edge of the pocket and got down making ready for a shot checking yardage with rangefinders. Suddenly the buck stood up behind a big sagebrush that still covered his vitals. After what seemed like 10 minutes, but probably was actually 1 minute, he took a step out to get a look at us above exposing his front shoulder area and my son sent a 125 grain Thunderhead on a GoldTip arrow on its way 41 yards perfectly through both lungs, he ran 40 yards and piled up in the bottom. The whole thing probably took less than 30 seconds from the shot until he expired. The 2 point with him didn't even leave until we walked down to field dress the deer, he couldn't figure out what had just happened. Great stalk, great shot and a good legal buck under the conditions, equals a great trophy in anybody's book.

My son, with me and his grandfather,and his first deer. Made for a very happy hunting camp
    Last edited by UPSTATE; 10-03-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: wrong photo
    ORIGINAL SWITCHBACK

"The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood" - Emerson

'08 Missouri. Big doe.

Broke both shoulders when she tried to duck and she dropped straight down. A quick follow up shot ended everything in seconds.
    Crackerized '09 Rytera Alien-X, Easton ACC 3-49's, Sword Twilight Hunter, NAP Hellrazer 100gr
    Martin/Rytera Archery Pro Staff;Sword Acu-Site Shooting Staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff; Paradigm Archery Staff; Vapor Trail Pro Staff

From 2008 it has been good so far.
    Bob
    If I can't hunt in
    heaven, I don't wanna go
    Shoot straight, and aim
    for the 12 ring.

adding my monster compared to all the midget deer on this thread you guys got some great trophys here congrads to all !
    [IMG]2008 Hunting picture Thread Only - Bowhunting forum [/IMG]
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

Default 10/12/08 Oklahoma Doe harvest

24yrds. Slick Tricks and Elite Bow did the job.

Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Got my rack finished, having problems with the digital camera for the rest of the pics. I'm workin on it.9 pt-08.jpg

Default 10/19/08 Oklahoma deer

Default 9 pt pa buck

9 pt 2008-2-post.JPG

shot on columbus day in pennsylvania

Default Kansas gobbler last night

I had a group walk in to my stand last night. My first shot shaved feathers off the hen but the 2nd shot centered my gobbler. He walked a total of about 50 yards.

Sorry, I forgot my camera.
    Crackerized '09 Rytera Alien-X, Easton ACC 3-49's, Sword Twilight Hunter, NAP Hellrazer 100gr
    Martin/Rytera Archery Pro Staff;Sword Acu-Site Shooting Staff
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff; Paradigm Archery Staff; Vapor Trail Pro Staff

Well folks here’s a solo night pic, I guess it turned out ok I like daytime pictures better

Good luck everyone!
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Default My 08 8 pointer

Love that ASAT!!!!
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Buck and Doe taken 10/25/2008
    141" gross
    19.5" inside spread.
    Nick
    2005 Hoyt Vtec 28/70

Pennsylvania Public Ground. 7 Yard shot off the ground. 8 point . and Doe at 4 yards off ground also.. No Blind just sitting on stool because of recent back operation.. 8 screws 2 metal rods..

PSE Staff, Xtreme Stabilization Staff, STAN Releases Staff, Bohning Staff,60X Custom Strings Staff, Feather Vision

STAFF SHOOTER

Default First Archery Deer

6 Pt. Taken at 5:25 on Friday the 14th
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja