You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So I special ordered a bow and now I am.....

So I am now at week 8 of a 3week wait for a bow that I ordered. At what point would you guys tell company A to shove their bow and then go with a different bow and bow company?

Marc

Default eight weeks

Quote Originally Posted by McCann View Post
    So I am now at week 8 of a 3week wait for a bow that I ordered. At what point would you guys tell company A to shove their bow and then go with a different bow and bow company?

Marc

Gosh that just sucks. Thats crazy. Season going to be over and the 2009 models will be out. I say move on!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Did they give you a reason why it has taken so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Illbowhunter View Post
    Did they give you a reason why it has taken so long?
    and that would be a HUGE...... NOPE!!!!! Vic ordered it and they told her it would be there in 3 weeks. a week later when i finally found that weird buzz on my hunting bow and took my limbs in to be replaced they told her over the phone the bow would be here in no more then 2 weeks. So the 3 week delivery is confirmed a week later. Of course i was also told that the replacement limbs would be at Vic's shop in 7 to 10 days. they arrived a full 4 weeks later. I am beginning to think of picking up one of the two bows that took a real close 2nd.

Marc

Depends on how "special" the order is. If it's an unsual request maybe a little longer than normal. If it's just a color or something fairly simple I would move on. Plenty of good bows out there to switch to.

If you ordered it this close to the new bow arrivals and it fits you right then I say stick with it.

"HONDA"

That sucks! I am a naturally impatient person and would not be able to tolerate it. I believe if a person says something will be ready or says that they are gonna do something they had better do it. Thats how I live my life, If a person or company cannot keep their word, What good are they(guess thats just my father and Grandfathers in me). They need to realize you dont have to buy from them you chose them.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

dodgensince74

Marc
    You have more waiting will power then I do, if they told me three and by week five it was not there, I would be cancelling my order and moving on. There are to many bows out there and life is to short to be waiting on a bow that you do not know when it will get there. JMO

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Customer service (ie. the customer is always right) is dead.

I would move on to a different bow company and I would let the first company know why I move to another. Let them know your money is yours to do with as you please, and if they don't want it, someone else does.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

Are we 100% sure, the bow was even ordered???
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    I was thinking the same thing exactly.

90% of the time you get bad service in a restaurant is because the waitron didn't get the order in or the kitchen staff screwed it up and conveniently 'forgot'. So the customer sits there like a bump on a log, unless the customer actually does something to dis-lodge the 'blockage'.

I would personally be a major pest with the dealer and demand an explanation. If that don't work in very short order call the bow comapany directly and complain.

How much of a deposit did you put down ? Was it is a credit card ? If so you can call the credit card company and block/reverse payment.

I would be shaking the tree bigtime on that issue.

Good luck, but my advice is that you need to take some action.

Ron
    Last edited by Ronhop; 09-21-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Good question, are you sure that the pro shop actually ordered it when they said they did
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

seen it happen in smaller shop buyer gave money for bow BUT the dealer owed the manufacture back cash so the manufacture wouldn't ship bows till debt was paid .
    HOYT KATERA
    PRO ELITE
    ULTRA ELITE

Yep 100% sure the bow was ordered. I called and had Vic order the bow. That was on a tuesday, on that friday I was shooting at our local club when I finally found the buzz in my hunting bow I had looked for and looked for. My limbs had a sliver off of 2 limbs. I took my hunting bow up to Vic's and she called the company right in front of me. Now Vic and Wayne are about my parents age and Wayne can be alittle hard of hearing at times so the phone is LOUD. I was standing across the counter and the CS rep said plain as day that the replacement limbs would be at the shop in 7-10 days. I had made the comment to Vic about the special order bow and to inquire about it. When Vic asked the CS rep about the special order bow the CS rep said that the bow should be delivered in 2 weeks.
    so when Vic ordered the bow she was told 3 weeks. A week later with myself as a witness Vic was told the bow would be here in 2 weeks. And that is why my frustration rests with the manufacturer. I guess I am lucky in the fact that i do not have a deposit down on the bow. Cause quite frankly I would be really irrate then.

Marc

so I gotta update ya.

on monday I called the company and asked to talk to the head of customer service. After a few questions I was forwarded directly to him. I told him who I was and why I was calling. I asked him straight forward for a shipping date or should I just cancel the order and move on. I was told that the mix up was because they had camo'd the riser instead of leaving it black. and that it was the last riser of this model in the factory. So it kinda says to me that the bow won't be in the 2009 line up. He told me that the day it shipped he would send me all the tracking info. Well the tracking info arrived today. Hopefully by this time next week i will have the backup/ target/ 3D/ field bow.

Now I just have to track down the low down who stole my fishin' rods and archery box out of the back of my suv.

I will try to post pics once it is set up.

Marc

so I gotta update ya.

on monday I called the company and asked to talk to the head of customer service. After a few questions I was forwarded directly to him. I told him who I was and why I was calling. I asked him straight forward for a shipping date or should I just cancel the order and move on. I was told that the mix up was because they had camo'd the riser instead of leaving it black. and that it was the last riser of this model in the factory. So it kinda says to me that the bow won't be in the 2009 line up. He told me that the day it shipped he would send me all the tracking info. Well the tracking info arrived today. Hopefully by this time next week i will have the backup/ target/ 3D/ field bow.

Now I just have to track down the low down who stole my fishin' rods and archery box out of the back of my suv.

I will try to post pics once it is set up.

Marc
    Now that sounds kinda fishy to me...

Unless their risers come out of the CNC machine already black, I can;t imagine why they would take a black anodized riser and dip it in camo

And if in fact was the last riser, what are they doing, stripping the film off of it? If it were "the last riser", have they lost or deleted the CAD file the CNC machine uses to make one out of blank stock?

Sounds like someone is still yanking your chain... but if it is true, and you now have the last riser ever made or to be made, I would be interested in knowing how they ever plan to warranty yours?

in the past when they have exhausted there stock pile of risers they have upgraded the shooters to the most similar current model bow. I was on the recieving end of this a few years ago.
    I have a real hard time thinking that they are killing this model as it has recently been getting alot of favorable reviews and one of their national shooters has begun to do very well shooting the bow.
    Marc

in the past when they have exhausted there stock pile of risers they have upgraded the shooters to the most similar current model bow. I was on the recieving end of this a few years ago.
    I have a real hard time thinking that they are killing this model as it has recently been getting alot of favorable reviews and one of their national shooters has begun to do very well shooting the bow.
    Marc
    Are you against telling the make and model of the bow? I would personally like to know for future reference.

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post
    Are you against telling the make and model of the bow? I would personally like to know for future reference.

Ben
    Only a handful of shops offer bows with black risers and I know one manufacturer that isn't behind on them..
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

The reason i did not say the name of the company is because I did not want to start a bashing thread or a rant fest against the company. Up until these two episodes I have always had great luck with the customer service from PSE. I recieved the tracking info yesterday and checked on it today. Fed Ex says they have the bow and it should be delivered on thursday the 26th.

the bow I ordered is a Mossy oak X with the HF(xforce) cams. I will post pics when they arrive.

Marc