You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Excuse for not winning thread

Im old and cant see is one of my favorites more these days. Always something aching on this fat older body.

Coach says
    $1000.00 bow isnt going to help someone with ten cents worth of talent. You mean I cant buy points with a new bow. Imigine that. Or is he saying I got ten cents worth of talent. He is 70 yrs old and still beats me.

My favorite is I just suck sometimes.

Lets hear yours.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I dont make excuses, people ask me what happened and I tell em like it is 9 times out of 10 it is because I mentally collapsed on the shot.

If I could get my brain to work right all the time life would be much easier.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

I'll let you know what my excuse was when I get back this afternoon. Heading out for 3-D here in a bit.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

dodgensince74

I just say " I just didn't want to make you look bad"

Default True friend

Quote Originally Posted by dodgensince74 View Post
    I just say " I just don't want to make you look bad"
    Now Ill have to remember that one. Sacrafices we make for are friends.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Ehh I just go with; "I suck"
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Well I for one know I suck. I am always trying new things to improve. But I am well aware that i am the problem. I find it funny how many blame their equipment all the time
    HBH Admin.
    BT Guardian."AWESOME BOW"
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Yeah, today, "I suck" would work. Being it was the last shoot of the year for the club I went to, they were having some fun. 5's were -5's, and the last shot of the day was set at 50 yards quartering hard twards you. When you got to the stake, it said " if you think this is a good shot, take it" so I took it. I shot it for a 5, well -5 today, because I don't have anything further than a 35 yard pin on my bow. When I got to the target, there was another sign that said " if you shot it, take your score...if not, take a 10". Tricky ! I did shoot the "Iron Buck" for 30 bonus points though.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

Default Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
    Yeah, today, "I suck" would work. Being it was the last shoot of the year for the club I went to, they were having some fun. 5's were -5's, and the last shot of the day was set at 50 yards quartering hard twards you. When you got to the stake, it said " if you think this is a good shot, take it" so I took it. I shot it for a 5, well -5 today, because I don't have anything further than a 35 yard pin on my bow. When I got to the target, there was another sign that said " if you shot it, take your score...if not, take a 10". Tricky ! I did shoot the "Iron Buck" for 30 bonus points though.
    Thats funny now for sure. Glad you didnt lose an arrow on the iron buck
    DB

Good thread D Boone

But sad to say there is a little truth in the aging eyes be it normal old age or more aggressive hereditary issues and no one knows the detrimental effect of this be it competitive 3D- Field or hunting until it happens to you.

Another that does more damage then good is when after the game is over the average and or upper lever competitor has the, I suck big time attitude, being frustrated with shooting average to very good scores and displaying within the crowd. This happens a lot, some one asked howed ya shoot and the response is displayed. This in turn makes some who hasnít shot to this individualís level of scores feel like they must really suck and hang it up or loose their pride in there own scores.
    So when it sucks keep it to yourself because there are a lot of people out there that would just love to have those scores

My comments Ė I just had a glitch today Ė also I donít know the scores were ok for where I should be, but man I had to work hard for them today. That would cover 2/3 of 2008
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Thats funny now for sure. Glad you didnt lose an arrow on the iron buck
    DB
    Nope, I haven't missed one in a couple of years now.

Excuse for not winning thread - General Archery Forum
    Proud Member of the FBSA

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    Ehh I just go with; "I suck"
    I'm with you cougar.... That and just plain lack of practice...

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

I started a thread on here a while back of excuses with numbers. to save time just pick out the number that fits and call it out. last time I saw it there was over a 100
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

Default Does the shoe fit DB?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Im old and cant see is one of my favorites more these days. Always something aching on this fat older body.

Coach says
    $1000.00 bow isnt going to help someone with ten cents worth of talent. You mean I cant buy points with a new bow. Imigine that. Or is he saying I got ten cents worth of talent. He is 70 yrs old and still beats me.

My favorite is I just suck sometimes.

Lets hear yours.
    You know Dan,10% of the time there might be an equipment problem but the other 90% lies behind the string.You're a good friend,just throwing you a little shockwave now and then.

I place all the blame for my bad shots on Hilltophunter for making turkey calls when i am at full draw. Shooting a hog, it's hog calls. I just hope he never figures out how to make the T-rex noise.

I like to blame it all on myself.....makes the ride home a little more tense.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default My first miss

I always sighhhh real loud, stomp my feet and look at my bow in disbelief, and make a adjustment to the equipment.

If it happens a second time...
    I say in a loud voice " Who bumped me!"

by my 3rd miss I go with "to much caffine".....

I never have a 4th miss.........unless someone bumps me...

I jerked to slow

theres no excuse for winning and none for losing,
    10% of the time there might be an equipment problem
    not with me, if you study this sport, you should have equipment that is better then you.

I had a string loop blow up shooting at State and I knew right where to put the new back on and how long to cut, I only had to make up 2 arrows and won the shoot. I don't freak out. i just did my thing.

If I lose, I was beat.

Default What's in my head

Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    I jerked to slow

theres no excuse for winning and none for losing, not with me, if you study this sport, you should have equipment that is better then you.

I had a string loop blow up shooting at State and I knew right where to put the new back on and how long to cut, I only had to make up 2 arrows and won the shoot. I don't freak out. i just did my thing.

If I lose, I was beat.
    Ya know Hood......"if you give 100% effort then how can you be dissappointed with the result". It's all you had dude, you can't get 3 gallon of water out of a 2 gallon pail.I kind of live by this little quote....it's a favorite.

#1 is the eyes excuse, "couldn't see the rings, so i has to guess"
    not an excuse most of the time i cant see the rings...

#2 - I misjudged the yardage... which does happen to me ALL the time!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg