You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lets get Dean Pridgean signed up here thread.

Some of you know my coach and good friend. Im a fan boy of Dean and consider him one of the best archers ever. Dean is 70yrs old. Yes I think Hood beat him one time. Had to be a bad day for Dean. Dean dont talk about his wins much but I feel he would be a great asset and someone to pm and ask the serious hardcore questions. He knows archery. Often in your life we meet special folks. Guys Dean has devoted a lifetime to shooting and promoting archery and he still loves to shoot everday. He currently had both shoulders repaired to continue shooting. Just shows his love for the game and why he was so succesfull. I ask what is the onething that made you so good. He will always say it was the love of shooting a bow.

Dean has won many National tournaments over the years. He just shot a 60X five spot at indoor natioanls last year at age 70. He not a 3der but dont think for a minute he could not shoot 3d. His love is target archery.

Now me and Dean will most likely be seen in a treestand coming soon. Most likely it will be this one. Now last year we sit here and I made him run the cows off several times being the lower man in the stand.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...iew/600425.jpg

Everyone lets post and get him here.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Well come on Picman show him to us. I've heard the name and thats about it. I don't think he really exists.

"HONDA"

Default Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Well come on Picman show him to us. I've heard the name and thats about it. I don't think he really exists.
    This is Dean and His better half Rosie who just won outdoor nationals this year as well. Maybe she will let Dean hold it because of his shoulder injury he lost for the first time in I don't know how many years. Rosie share that bowl with dean. This picture was where Dean and Rosie were inducted into the Oklahoma Bow hunting Hall of fame. He shoots a Hoyt and shoots a shoot through string system that works well for him
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 09-21-2008 at 10:49 AM.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Rosie

Shoots Barndales bow. Check out these limbs. Both Dean and Rosie drive Harleys. I know there to old to be riding Harleys but it keeps them young. Rosie drives alot faster than Dean.

Now I can put a face with the name. That Hoyt is beautiful.

"HONDA"

Tell him to come on aboard. Then he can tell me why he has a 13" cord on that drop away.
    Proud Member of the FBSA

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html

Yes I think Hood beat him one time.
    Yeap, I beat him done EATING once

not shooting

He helped me a lot in how to act while leading a shoot and my mental game.

Dean is a Hall of Fame Archer and when I started shooting comp my good friend Gary Swigart (National Champion)talked about Dean all the time, It was like I've known Dean all my life when I meet him and I laid the Hood Smack down him He loved it...

But I'm thinkin' someone's gunna have to go over to Deans and show him how to click over here...hehe

Knowing that Dean is still shooting that good at 70 just shows that we all can, They did a write up on me when I was 40 and in the write up they said,,Archery has no age limit like other sports,,,,, Dean proves that! and I look forward to many years of shooting good because I know our age doesn't hender our ability to shoot........

Default He is a inspiration to many

Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    Yeap, I beat him done EATING once

not shooting

He helped me a lot in how to act while leading a shoot and my mental game.

Dean is a Hall of Fame Archer and when I started shooting comp my good friend Gary Swigart (National Champion)talked about Dean all the time, It was like I've known Dean all my life when I meet him and I laid the Hood Smack down him He loved it...

But I'm thinkin' someone's gunna have to go over to Deans and show him how to click over here...hehe

Knowing that Dean is still shooting that good at 70 just shows that we all can, They did a write up on me when I was 40 and in the write up they said,,Archery has no age limit like other sports,,,,, Dean proves that! and I look forward to many years of shooting good because I know our age doesn't hender our ability to shoot........
    That this is a sport where one can enjoy for many years.
    DB

Default My first time meeting Dean

Good friend introduced Dean to me. I invited him hunting. Now realize I'm not a indoor shooter at the time and have no idea how good he was. I knew my buddy said he won some national shoots.

Well Dean never once talked about how good he was or his shooting ability's.

I was reading a thread at the other forum. When Deans named appeared many times and the Thread who are some of your archery legends. I called Dean and said how come you never told me your were this good. He said calmly Dan you never really ask! Dean so humble and lets his bow do the talking. I have heard so many story's about Dean from guys he has competed with over the years. I'm still looking for that one archer to say something bad, so far I have not found him.
    DB

love to have him....

I hope Dean shows up and shares his wisdom. As stated earlier I suck. I would love to learn more about what makes a lot of you better. Does Dean have a book out? Or is there one he recommends?
    HBH Admin.
    BT Guardian."AWESOME BOW"
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Default He kinda slow

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    I hope Dean shows up and shares his wisdom. As stated earlier I suck. I would love to learn more about what makes a lot of you better. Does Dean have a book out? Or is there one he recommends?
    Found this picture of at OSSA websight. Dean shot a pretty darn good round for 70 yr old. Thats 60 arrows guys

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Found this picture of at OSSA websight. Dean shot a pretty darn good round for 70 yr old. Thats 60 arrows guys
    I dont think I could be that good if I pushed them in .

sure a, willing to learn & try
    HBH Admin.
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Default Understand

I dont think I could be that good if I pushed them in .

sure a, willing to learn & try

The oldman still kicks my butt. I shoot pretty darn good at times. He is amazing.
    DB

The oldman still kicks my butt. I shoot pretty darn good at times. He is amazing.
    DB
    do you know if he recommends any books?
    i want to read up a bit before I go to a coach, I have a lot to learn, been messing with a few different things, just made my own carbon stabilizer, franken/stabilizer , tried an HHA sight, hated the .029 pin, just bought an HHA sight with a reticle from E-bay, cant wait to get it, the HHA sight with the .029 pin was awesome at 20 yards, at 30 I did not like it one bit, covers all the target, I love the .010 oins on the Spot Hogg .
    HBH Admin.
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Default Not sure

do you know if he recommends any books?
    i want to read up a bit before I go to a coach, I have a lot to learn, been messing with a few different things, just made my own carbon stabilizer, franken/stabilizer , tried an HHA sight, hated the .029 pin, just bought an HHA sight with a reticle from E-bay, cant wait to get it, the HHA sight with the .029 pin was awesome at 20 yards, at 30 I did not like it one bit, covers all the target, I love the .010 oins on the Spot Hogg .
    Larry Wise and Dean are good friends. I know Dean speaks quite highly of Larry and Terry Wunderdale. I have ask him to make a video or tape many times. He happy being retired. Dean has worked in the archery industry for many years. Designing bows and he made a release and sold many after winning Vegas with it.
    DB

Larry Wise and Dean are good friends. I know Dean speaks quite highly of Larry and Terry Wunderdale. I have ask him to make a video or tape many times. He happy being retired. Dean has worked in the archery industry for many years. Designing bows and he made a release and sold many after winning Vegas with it.
    DB
    I will have to research their names, timing is not good for me now, no hunting this year, not sure how many 3-d's I might get to go to.
    HBH Admin.
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

Default Dean signed up today.

His name here is Xquest. Not sure how he missed this thread. He did post on the excuses for not winning.

You know Dan,10% of the time there might be an equipment problem but the other 90% lies behind the string.You're a good friend,just throwing you a little shockwave now and then. Dean tells it like it is.!
    Last edited by Daniel Boone; 09-22-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Default Dean signed up today

I will have to research their names, timing is not good for me now, no hunting this year, not sure how many 3-d's I might get to go to.
    He said he has several articles in Archery Focus Magazine. This is a good magazine.
    DB

Default Signed in today

I signed up today and I'm usually on once a day.I'll try to answer questions the best I can.I'm on dial-up so speed is out.Don't bombard me all at once guys,like I said I'll do the best I can.
    Just a little thought for all of you.......we learn everything there is to know about archery in the first 3 years and spend the rest of our careers learning everything over again.

Dean Pridgen