You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've never had a problem with either of the broad heads I use...

Montec 125 grain and Magnus Stinger 125 grain.. Both are accurate well past any yardage y'all would think ethical ....

Dan, that one shot in the shoulder ( shoulder blade?), did it go through and out the far side?
    Hi Mike
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Lets hear it?
    I use the Wasp Sharpshooter.

Default You bet

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    Dan, that one shot in the shoulder ( shoulder blade?), did it go through and out the far side?
    Hi Mike
    38yrds shot. I shot it for 34 from my estimation. Arrow went right through.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default I shot wasp for so many years

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
    I use the Wasp Sharpshooter.
    There darn accurate as well. Still have a brand new pack. Wouldnt hesitate to shoot them. Im a Broadhead junkie.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    I've never had a problem with either of the broad heads I use...

Montec 125 grain and Magnus Stinger 125 grain.. Both are accurate well past any yardage y'all would think ethical ....
    Bet you dont. Wish I had your tuning skills. If you lived closer you would be tuning my bows.
    DB

Default broadheads

I am all about accuracy. I would hate to sacrifice anything for accuracy. Of course, if you are talking about a small difference in accuracy, then it probably doesn't matter too much. I'm one of those guys that finds "the perfect broadhead" every year or two. I always think I've found the best, and then a couple years later I'm switching again. I am starting my second season with Slick Tricks this year.

Darin DeNeal

accuracy is better IMHO, makes no difference how big of a cut the other BH leaves if you are going to miss or even question the shot, I like having confidence in my Equipment, the rest its up to me.
    HBH Admin.
    BT Guardian."AWESOME BOW"
    last of the sheephicans
    Mexi-mutant.
    SCP4L

bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple harleyryder's Avatar

I quit looking after trying Thunderheads.......85 grains at that
    Hoyt Katera XL and Gold tip XT hunters arrows...Tipped with a thunderhead

This is the first year that I havent switched broadheads in a long time. I am going with the slick tricks again. Last year I was very impressed with the doe I shot. It performed better than any of the other broadheads I have used.

I am carrying some magnus buzzcuts too though. I am hoping to whack something with them to compare entry holes and blood trails though.

I would go with the slick tricks if you are more confident with them Dan. The grizztricks have a little bigger diameter so they probly arent going to quite as accurate but you are definately shooting good enough to put something down without a doubt

rick
    No catchy signature here.....

Adam of Archery Outfitter fstgstdsmpay's Avatar

My grizz tricks are grouping exactly the same as my field points, I havent gotten to take an animal yet but I have been shooting slick tricks mags in 06,07 and there brutal. But to answer your question it depends on whats accpetable to you, personally I would rather re-tune a bow for the broadheads im going to shoot and make sure that its driving dead on, but thats just me.

Now my hunting partner on the other hand is shooting montecs and there shooting about 1.5" inch different at 40 yards and hes fine with that.

Archery fanatic

100 gr Nap nitron. I have tried almost every broadhead you can think of and keep going back to these year after year. Fly exactly as my field points. just tried grizz tricks...dont fly anywhere near as well. grizz trick flew just ok in my opinion, also, funny thing...I tried them on my fobed arrows and they shot 6in right and 2in low at 20 yards. staying with nitrons.
    APEX 7 FOR PAPER & FOAM
    DXT FOR FLESH & BONE
    POSTEN, SWORD, COPPER JOHN, QAD, RC

Default Informative thread

Members can get a good felling about which to choose.

Most broadheads work. Most my deer on the wall have the arrow and broadhead. Fun to see how many I used over the years.

I recently went Razorback fives for turkey hunting and man they do a number.

DB

I shoot spifires for one main reason..they fly just like feild points. I want heart and or lungs everytime. Small hole, big hole,lots of blood, less blood, it need not matter compaired to shot placement. Id stick with what shoots the best out of your bow. If its in the heart and lungs the extra quarter inch from the new tricks really isnt going to make a difference at all!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Its the SlickTricks Im not getting to group as well. New GrizzTricks.
    My Montecs will hit deadon. I shot the oringinal Slick Tricks and they flew better than these GrizzTricks. Thats my dilema. I know darn well these can group and most likely will get in the Vitals somewhere. I dont take long shoots on deer. I know darn well these Grizztricks are going to blast one hell if a hole.
    DB
    Me 2 Dan, I was deadset on shooting (85 gr.) slick tricks this year...Didn't happen, Iam shooting (85 gr.) Montecs now! They hit dead with the field points.