You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Very popular on tournament bows

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Lawyer View Post
    DB....you are the only person besides myself that does it this way.....that I know of.......
    Old Xquest knows what he talking about and he showed me this. Never had one fail me yet doing them this way. Just simple and easy.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Old Xquest knows what he talking about and he showed me this. Never had one fail me yet doing them this way. Just simple and easy.
    DB
    It makes so much sense.....especially for twisting cables.
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350
    2010 Strother SR-71
    2009 Bowtech Beast
    Sufferer of Gray Wolf Woolens addiction......

Quote Originally Posted by Tax Lawyer View Post
    DB....you are the only person besides myself that does it this way.....that I know of.......

I do it that way too
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

I use to do it tha way also. started using a different method. I split the cable string and put the drop away string in bewteen. Heat the end up and flatten with a knife or any thing flat. Then tie serving on top and bottom of cable. You'll never have to worry about the drop away string from sliding.....
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

Default Tournament shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
    I use to do it tha way also. started using a different method. I split the cable string and put the drop away string in bewteen. Heat the end up and flatten with a knife or any thing flat. Then tie serving on top and bottom of cable. You'll never have to worry about the drop away string from sliding.....
    Two years ago I saw a guys cable cut because of splitting the cables like this. This was the second time I have seen this in a tournmanet.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Two years ago I saw a guys cable cut because of splitting the cables like this. This was the second time I have seen this in a tournmanet.
    DB
    lol... they must have not been smart enough to put it in a press and relive pressure before doing that. Seen a guy at the shop try to did with out and about cut the cable in half..... some peoples kids....
    I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
    RANGER BOW STRINGS

I switched to this method and have had no problems.

Shooting Edge Technology 09Dreamseason's Avatar

I've since gone back and tied mine on this way and it worked well this year! Thanks DB!!!
    '09 PSE X-Force Dream Season GX
    '11 PSE X-Force AXE 7

www.ShootingEdgeTech.com
    www.SaveOutdoorSports.com

me too!! i had my cable split first, but i like this much much better.
    07 Guardian

02 Cummins

When I picked up my new bow this year . I noticed that the string was split , I came home cut the fallaway rest string and pulled it out and installed it this way. Had it done this way on my old bow and zero trouble..

Default Great Idea

Wow. That is much simpler than the way I have always done it. Thanks for sharing that with me. I will do it that way now. Awsome.

I use this technique as well. The only problem that I have ever had is that the serving around the string will slip up the cable and that will cause your rest to not rise all the way. I now tie the serving as tightly as I can and then after I get the rest adjusted, I will tie a small piece of bright serving about 1/8" above the serving which is acting as a stop for the d-loop knot. If the serving slides any I can look at my small piece of marking serving and know that things have moved.

This is the only method that I use for tying rest cords to bus cables. It is easy to adjust and if tied correctly it stays in place. It is really nice when you are trying to tune your bow and are having to move your rest up and down. When going through the tuning process I will often tie just enough serving to hold the d-loop but also allow the d-loop to slide a little. After the tuning is finished, I will tie more serving on the bus cable so that the d-loop can no longer slide up the cable.

I myself have always tied my dropaways in like this. Its quick easy and facilitates tuning of the dropaway.

This is an easy and functioning method for installing dropaways. It is instrumental for those who do not have access to a bow press required for installing the dropaway using the tied into the cable method.

This method comes in handy for those times when the dropaway string becomes damaged or worn. Simple to replace without having to press the bow.
    Todd Segner
    PSE Field Staff, Tru-Ball Releases, HIPS Targets Pro Staff, Any Budget Outdoors Pro Staff,
    Rage Broadheads Pro Staff, On Target2 Shooting Staff

I like these how to threads.

One additional comment.
    I have always inserted a spring in the center (or close to) of the dropaway activation cord.
    I read on the Spot Hogg website a while ago that a rubber tube like you use on the peep sight was more reliable/accurate than a cord. I thought that inserting a spring
    might be as good as a rubber tube.
    The guys at Spot Hogg seem to know what they are talking about. This info was posted long before they came out with their own dropaway.
    I'd show you a picture....but I just sold my last target set up on ebay yesterday.......woohoo
    Shot target for 30 years and just don't want to do that anymore.....
    Lots of fishing and handball nowadays.

this way works fine on pre-stretched cord but if cord stretches just a tad you start shooting low.

Default Trophy Taker

Trophy Taker has been a leader in tournament drop away rest for years.

Rock solid and won it share of major events. Good rest!

DB

I never tie in this manner, I simply tie knots by rounding it above and below the buss cable. But now I will try this also, want to know any specific reason behind this tie?

Default Reason

Quote Originally Posted by strella6mathews View Post
    I never tie in this manner, I simply tie knots by rounding it above and below the buss cable. But now I will try this also, want to know any specific reason behind this tie?
    Two good reasons. This way it never twist if cable twists.

You can make adjustments to shorten as you try to get the timing right.

Just your basic dloop knot.
    DB

Default I learned somthing

This is why I like toget on a forum like this. I have always spilt the cables it's a pain .Now I saw this ,It beats what i've been doing!I have learned somthing!!!! Great info.