You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Which arrows should I purchase?

I've been shooting for a little over a year and I have two bows. I have a bear 30# camp bow for anyone of my friends to practice on and a former TQ comet LH bow with 35# limbs that I shoot with. I recently purchased a plastic arrow rest. The arrows I've shot with have been: Easton stalkers; which were too heavy and wrapped easily, Carbon Express; 30-50#s which were pretty accurate and durable until recently as my old arrow rest wore down and started messing up the plastic fletchings, 3Rivers youth arrows; which were ok target arrows but easily broken and when shot into metal target stands and the nocks pop off, and finally Stock arrows from 3Rivers (I think); which came with field points and shield fletchings that slightly rotate around the shaft (I forget what that's called). I was impressed with the carbon express and the heavier-duty wooden arrows, but I was hoping someone would have a suggestion as to what arrow would be the best for the price and most durable (including durable fletchings). I used to have a slight preference for wooden arrows, but as many have broken I now put durability over traditional taste. I also don't want to spend more that $10 an arrow. I realize this may limit my options greatly, but I target practice and don't go to tournaments, so I'm not looking for anything special. Hope to hear back from anyone more seasoned or knowledgable,

-Joe Archer

Default Goldtips

The 35/55 XT hunter arrows from Goldtip work for me.

You can see the price per dozen here in this link.

http://www.obsessionarchery.com/gold...ack-p-591.html
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Joe this is a recurve your shooting? What's your draw lenth? And, your talking about a plastic stick-on rest correct?
    FBSA Member

Yeah its for a recurve with a plastic stick on rest.

Oh and my draw is 29" or so.

And I'm also looking to buy a new glove for under $20. So any suggestions on best quality for price would be helpful.

Sorry for the delay Joe. I'm thinking a .500 spine arrow is going to be too stiff unless you put alot of point wieght on them and leave them long. In the .600 spine in carbons there's Easton st epics, Beman ICS Energys, And Carbon Express Terminator Jr. Beman ICS Hunter Jr I'm not sure of the spine. You'll need to check what lenths they come in. How short can you go? Probably the most economical is going to be aluminums. 1916 are .623 spine and 1816's are .733. I'm betting the 1816s are really going to be the best tuning arrow. With the stick-on rest you could use either plastic vanes or feathers. The glove all I can suggest is look at 3Rivers, or Keystone Country Store and see what they have. I use a tab. Oh and stop hitting the steel target frame, LOL, none of them will survive long if you keep that up.
    FBSA Member

I have 30lb limbs on one recurve that draw about 35@29.5, and I have 1913s that fly well out of it. 1816s are close to those in spine and are a bit tougher due to thicker walls. If you can get the carbons in that .700 spine area, they'd probably do well, won't bend, and be lighter than the aluminums if your looking for a faster arrow with less trajectory. It does'nt mean they're any more accurate though.
    FBSA Member