You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Help on Hoyt Alphatec

hey all, i'm new to archery and barely got my bow from the mail today. i bought a Hoyt Alphatec but i was wondering wat is the draw weight of the bow. on the bow, it says from 50-60 lbs but when i got online and look around, some people says or have their Hoyt Alphatec adjusted to 70 lbs. next month, i am going to go hunt with some of my friends. can i actually hunt and kill something with a 60 lbs draw weight?

San Diego,CA

That's all energy you need to target shoot or hunt. Your bow comes in the mail set at its peak weight(in your case, #60). You can lower the weight by turning down the limb bolts with an allen wrench. I don' t shoot Hoyt, I shoot PSE, so you should skim the manual it came with for adjustments.

A big mistake is to buy your bow online without going to a local pro shop to test it first.
    Last edited by CA Rcher12; 10-29-2004 at 09:47 PM. Reason: weight was wrong...again