You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default lookin for a bow

im not exactly new to archery. ive shot recurves for years but only for target and bow fishing but ive been lookin for a compound bow for the past year. ive shot the switchback xt. in a 29 in draw at 70# and felt comfortable and then i shot the general and guardian and it hurt me bad for a few days. then i started lookin at stuff on youtube about the new pse x force. i am really interested in one of those but the price is a lil high for me. if any one would be willing to trade for one i would be willing to negotiate. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gamoboy View Post
    im not exactly new to archery. ive shot recurves for years but only for target and bow fishing but ive been lookin for a compound bow for the past year. ive shot the switchback xt. in a 29 in draw at 70# and felt comfortable and then i shot the general and guardian and it hurt me bad for a few days. then i started lookin at stuff on youtube about the new pse x force. i am really interested in one of those but the price is a lil high for me. if any one would be willing to trade for one i would be willing to negotiate. thank you
    If the General and Gaurdian hurt you, you probably won't be comfortable with the X-Force. It's pretty aggressive. Mathews is the smoothest drawing mainstream bow out. Also look into Parker with their EZ Draw cams.

Ben
    Sling Braid Custom Bow Slings!!!

FBSA Member

Default My thoughts

SwitchbackXT is the perfect size bow for hunting and 3d. Really good bow. I wonder if I made a mistake not getting it instead of my DXT
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post
    If the General and Gaurdian hurt you, you probably won't be comfortable with the X-Force. It's pretty aggressive. Mathews is the smoothest drawing mainstream bow out. Also look into Parker with their EZ Draw cams.

Ben
    i think the problem with the general and the guardian though was that it was just taken off the shelf and the draw length on it was 31 i think. the break over is where it hurt me

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    SwitchbackXT is the perfect size bow for hunting and 3d. Really good bow. I wonder if I made a mistake not getting it instead of my DXT
    DB
    i loved the xt and have only seen the dxt. the problem with that is that ive heard about mathews limbs breaking. that and it will take like 6 months to get a new one around here. coulda picked up a dressed one for 450 but started lookin at high country bows

i loved the xt and have only seen the dxt. the problem with that is that ive heard about mathews limbs breaking. that and it will take like 6 months to get a new one around here. coulda picked up a dressed one for 450 but started lookin at high country bows

I heard a while back, some guys in Georgia captured Bigfoot...

Seriously though, I have shot or owned just about every Mathews bow made since the Conquest Pro, and litteraly every shooter in my area has owned or currently owns 1 or more, and I don't know of any of them who have had limb failures.

And my bows don't just hang around on a hook, I put them to good use, shooting practicaly every day.

Can it happen?...sure. As a general rule. Believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

I can't imagine it taking 6 months to get limbs replaced from any manufacturer.

If you are looking for smooth I honestly don't think you will beat the Switchback XT.

Quote Originally Posted by x-ring View Post
    If you are looking for smooth I honestly don't think you will beat the Switchback XT.
    Amen

Or the XT's less expensive cousin, the Mission Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by FOBsKILL View Post
    I heard a while back, some guys in Georgia captured Bigfoot...

Seriously though, I have shot or owned just about every Mathews bow made since the Conquest Pro, and litteraly every shooter in my area has owned or currently owns 1 or more, and I don't know of any of them who have had limb failures.

And my bows don't just hang around on a hook, I put them to good use, shooting practicaly every day.

Can it happen?...sure. As a general rule. Believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

I can't imagine it taking 6 months to get limbs replaced from any manufacturer.
    its not gettin new limbs its ordering the bow. ive been to 3 different places and they couldnt just give me one off the shelf they had to order it

its not gettin new limbs its ordering the bow. ive been to 3 different places and they couldnt just give me one off the shelf they had to order it
    most shops are doing this now, as keeping over head of 50 bows, just isnt doable anymore......
    I cut things up and split them down!

You must have shot the demo bow that Mathews supplies their dealers with. Those bows are not supposed to be sold but kept in the shop for people to shoot. I can't imagine a shop not selling a stock bow off of the shelf, that's an incredibly bad business decision. I believe Mathews delivery times are less than 2 weeks for hunting bows at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by archerybuff View Post
    You must have shot the demo bow that Mathews supplies their dealers with. Those bows are not supposed to be sold but kept in the shop for people to shoot. I can't imagine a shop not selling a stock bow off of the shelf, that's an incredibly bad business decision. I believe Mathews delivery times are less than 2 weeks for hunting bows at this time.
    I sent my Hoyt in for repair about 2 months ago...took over 6 weeks to get it back...now that is slow service....

I was in the market at the time for a target bow, and Mathews promised they could get any bow to me within 10 business days. I ordered up an Apex 7...it was to me in about 6 days...not business days...days! And an A7 is a complete custom order...on their hunting bows they will go faster still! The only way it would take 6 months is if your dealer took your order...and never called mathews for 6 months.

Go with the Mathews...they are SO smooth, and the limb thing doesn't apply to Switchbacks...just their new Slim Limbs...and even those...I have yet to see a limb break. If you get the Mathews, you won't be sorry. It is even in their Business Model...get every bow to/back to a customer within 2 weeks.
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Quote Originally Posted by beenfarr View Post

Ben
    Yeah, exactly.

Guardians and Generals are WAY smoother than an X-Force, but not nearly as fast IBO...

If you are interested in a speed bow you have to keep in mind that the speed comes from the effort you put into drawing the bow, all things being equal. You don't get 350 fps IBO speed by drawing a bow with a silky smooth draw cycle. It's a matter of physics. If you want a fast bow, you have to put more energy into the draw.

There are 60# peak draw weight bows out there that can blow away a 70# peak draw weight bow in IBO speed. The issue is that you most likely need to pull that 60# bow for a longer duration than the 'slower' 70# bow, or have other 'rough' draw cycle issues to accept.

That's why it's important for somebody looking to buy a bow to try as many as they can to get a good feel for what is comfortable for them. If you want to hunt, a 250 fps compound bow will do as good of a job as a 300 fps bow if you hit the vitals.

Ron
    Proud member of the F.B.S.A.

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....

Default Mathews limbs

I have been shooting Mathews for many years. Had one limb go bad on a LX.
    Good thing about Mathews is they hold there resale value very well. Easy to tune being a one cam
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

the reason HE WAS SORE is from shooting the WRONG DRAW length......

how many times have the bowtech guys said that the BOW HAS TO BE THE RIGHT DRAW LENGTH???

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    the reason HE WAS SORE is from shooting the WRONG DRAW length......

how many times have the bowtech guys said that the BOW HAS TO BE THE RIGHT DRAW LENGTH???
    i really am looking for speed but the switchback xt is 304 ibo isnt it at 70#? and if the general or gaurdian is set to the right draw length is it still going to be as difficult to pull? and do limbs really lose 2 #s a year ?

i really am looking for speed but the switchback xt is 304 ibo isnt it at 70#? and if the general or gaurdian is set to the right draw length is it still going to be as difficult to pull? and do limbs really lose 2 #s a year ?
    Xt is 318 IBO I believe, and NO they dont loose 2# a year.....

get a dealer to do the right thing and set up a bow, at the proper draw length, so you can see for yourself........

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    DB
    The switchback XT is a super hunting bow. Its just the right size, and its hard to beat the vibration of one. Great, great hunting bow.

Gamoboy

Honestly, I don't mean this to be rude or percieved as flaming at all.

First I am really glad you found this site.

Many of your posts or return questions contain "I heard". Now if any of this stuff you heard were factual information this wouldn't be an issue. But I am starting to wonder if, in your pursuit to find a bow that is best suited or you, if you are not being misled with bogus information by someone who's best interest may be better served to sell you a bow "they" want to dump.

Here is a link to the actual specs as presented by Mathews Inc, they are factual, legal representations of their products. You can count on this info, as I am sure their lawyers would not allow them to post any of it if it were not true.

These are side by side comparisons of the SB XT, the S2, and the Switchback LD.

http://mathewsinc.com/index.asp?Item...87&pageID=bows

In the end, tough, you will be better off trying as many bows as you can get your hands on, and shoot them. And if you feel like a shop owner is trying to steer you towards one he may just want to remove from his inventory, then I would get a couple more opinions.

Most bows out there are far too much of an investment(at least for me), to leave "shoulda, woulda, coulda" to chance.

Best of luck on your searching.

Quote Originally Posted by FOBsKILL View Post
    Gamoboy

Honestly, I don't mean this to be rude or percieved as flaming at all.

First I am really glad you found this site.

Many of your posts or return questions contain "I heard". Now if any of this stuff you heard were factual information this wouldn't be an issue. But I am starting to wonder if, in your pursuit to find a bow that is best suited or you, if you are not being misled with bogus information by someone who's best interest may be better served to sell you a bow "they" want to dump.

Here is a link to the actual specs as presented by Mathews Inc, they are factual, legal representations of their products. You can count on this info, as I am sure their lawyers would not allow them to post any of it if it were not true.

These are side by side comparisons of the SB XT, the S2, and the Switchback LD.

http://mathewsinc.com/index.asp?Item...87&pageID=bows

In the end, tough, you will be better off trying as many bows as you can get your hands on, and shoot them. And if you feel like a shop owner is trying to steer you towards one he may just want to remove from his inventory, then I would get a couple more opinions.

Most bows out there are far too much of an investment(at least for me), to leave "shoulda, woulda, coulda" to chance.

Best of luck on your searching.
    thank for your help. i believe that i will go with the xt. 315 ibo is still pretty fast and almost every one has recomended it. now here is another question, what is the difference between the xt and dxt?