You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Ground blind usage

Shot through the net on my Matrix and did ok, was just wanting to hear others' experience with shooting through the netting. Good/Bad/Ugly.
    Mathews Switchback XT/ 70 lb/Easton ST Epic 340/Rage 3 blade/Sims Mini S coil/Trophy Ridge Outfitter 5 pin/Ripcord rest/TruBall release

"I'll see you around, 'round my home town"
    Charlie Robison

Default Sugar Ray

I shoot through my netting on my DB blind all the time during turkey season. Never had a promblem. I shoot those five bladed Razorback fives.

Great blinds those DB Blinds.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I have never done it myself but I have a guy at work that does all the time and he has never noticed any arrow deflection...I don't know about speed loss??? He may have shot it through the screen into a chrono...he's a mad scientist like that...

I think the key is a SHARP broadhead...which as you know dull ones don't do any good anyway...

Don't shoot through the mesh....it will affect your arrow flight. Just dress the part and that mesh isn't needed!
    Hook 'Em Horns

Default Shot this bird this spring

Quote Originally Posted by sugarray View Post
    Shot through the net on my Matrix and did ok, was just wanting to hear others' experience with shooting through the netting. Good/Bad/Ugly.
    28yrd shot with my buddy Art in the blind with me. He shoot the other bird at the same distance right after me. Mesh didnt seem to effect the shot at all. Here a picture of my T5 DB blind
    DB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Double Bull.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	11377 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    28yrd shot with my buddy Art in the blind with me. He shoot the other bird at the same distance right after me.
    which one? I see 3 birds all together.
    Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    28yrd shot with my buddy Art in the blind with me. He shoot the other bird at the same distance right after me. Mesh didnt seem to effect the shot at all. Here a picture of my T5 DB blind
    DB
    It may not seem to, but it will affect the shot. especially at a distance. Even the double bull guys will tell you to open the window. If it is a really close shot, of course it won't mess with your arrow as much. I made two 30 yd shots through the mesh and will never try that again. It doesn't gain that much as far as cover anyway...
    Hook 'Em Horns

Default Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    which one? I see 3 birds all together.
    Got me!
    DB

Default Hookem

Quote Originally Posted by Hook Em View Post
    It may not seem to, but it will affect the shot. especially at a distance. Even the double bull guys will tell you to open the window. If it is a really close shot, of course it won't mess with your arrow as much. I made two 30 yd shots through the mesh and will never try that again. It doesn't gain that much as far as cover anyway...
    I posted a thread at the other forum showing groups shot out of the blind. Im sure it might effect a little. But DB says for turkeys use the mesh right in the video I have. Im big and easy to spot, I need the mesh. Gotta effect a little but I have never missed a turkey due to the mesh. Art Brown smoked his first turkey friom that blind as well through the mesh
    DB