You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    BOWNUTS jdawg240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,443

    Default Range Finders ?????

    Ok Im finally going to cross over to the 21 century and buy a range finder! What do I need to look for in a decent model around say 250 to 300 buckaroos???? . I hunt tree stands with a bow 80 percent of the time..the other 20 percent I'll use it for sighting in guns,Golf, and some muzzleloader hunting in the late season.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    I have the Nikon Prostaff 440. It seems to work for me. I don't know much about the arc ones, I would say you would have to be up pretty high in a tree to make a difference, or shooting out off a bucket truck like Michale Waddel does in the comercials.

  3. #3
    14 Ring for Me! dicksenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Glenpool, OK
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I would go with Nikon. I have a Nikon 550 and a Leupold II (arc technology) and I like my Nikon a lot more. Seems the Leupold has a hard time with black objects won't work through the mesh in my ground blind. I do love the arc feature it has. If I were you I would look into the Nikon Archers Choice, the only drawback is that is only good out to 100 yards I believe.

    Richard
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buckhannon, WV
    Posts
    59

    Default Bushnell

    I have a yardage pro from Bushnell. It is great, sees well, and I have never had any trouble from it. I would get the new ARC, though. Cabela's has a set of ARC 1000, with 10x42 Binocs, pocket knife, and DVD for $299. Which is the price just for the range finder. If/when mine goes, this is what I will get. If you don't want the ARC, I'll sell you mine!!
    Mathews Switchback XT/ 70 lb/Easton ST Epic 340/Rage 3 blade/Sims Mini S coil/Trophy Ridge Outfitter 5 pin/Ripcord rest/TruBall release

    "I'll see you around, 'round my home town"
    Charlie Robison

  5. #5
    Senior Member kebees4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    354

    Default

    I just got a Nikon 550 from Cabelas for $200 and it works great. It is also waterproof. Some brands are only water resistant.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Daniel Boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,934

    Default Nikon hands down

    my 440 is still going strong.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

  7. #7
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    I have the Bushnell Yardage Pro Legend.....runs between 300 and 350 depending on rebates and sales.....

    I love it, very simple, very accurate.......

    VERY COMPACT.......one handed use.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buckley, Michigan
    Posts
    671

    Default

    I'm primarily a bowhunter that also rifle hunts. I bought a Nikon Riflehunter 550. It has an angle compensation function, will range a deer out to 550 yards and I got it for 240 bucks. I considered all the other models previously mentioned. The Nikon is top quality and seemed the simplest to use, especially compered to the Leupold.

  9. #9
    BOWNUTS jdawg240's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Im going to start shopping next week.. Thanks for the input
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Similar Threads

  1. Range finders
    By bowcraze30 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 03:37 PM
  2. range finders
    By shack13 in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
  3. 3D range in NE GA
    By Hiawatha in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:00 PM
  4. Let's see your 3D range.....LOL....
    By BowTechArch in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 08:57 PM
  5. Range Finders
    By Chops in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •