You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    all .5 mile of it.......

Waste of space if you ask me.........

I think I enjoyed the concert... but I was only 20 and can't remember much of those days..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

I set them down and tell them to get their facts stright, deer are not innocent they cause 100,000s of thousands of dollars to property and crops, that do impact food costs at the store. Then i tell them that if hunters didnt help control the deer herds, that their would be more deer then people in 3 years from now, They would eat so much soon their would be no trees, plants, veggies ext, and they would adapt to become meat eaters and start eating humans and would end all mankind on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    I set them down and tell them to get their facts stright, deer are not innocent they cause 100,000s of thousands of dollars to property and crops, that do impact food costs at the store. Then i tell them that if hunters didnt help control the deer herds, that their would be more deer then people in 3 years from now, They would eat so much soon their would be no trees, plants, veggies ext, and they would adapt to become meat eaters and start eating humans and would end all mankind on earth.
    Now that right there is funny...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple harleyryder's Avatar

I would discontinue the conversation with them,you won't change their narrow minds and will just end up in a arguement that you can't win in their eyes.And then go elsewhere and find someone that is interested...(me me me) Just aslong you don't start telling all about it was really the Mathews that did the job
    Hoyt Katera XL and Gold tip XT hunters arrows...Tipped with a thunderhead

Default I always tell them

There more deer in the US right now and its because of hunters and the money they spend. I tell them there more lan avalaiable for wildllife today because of hunters support.

I tell them deer will diesease if the herds are not managed and controled.

If they mention peta. Tell them Peta actaully has killed dogs and cats because of over population. Also tell tthem Peta spends very little but takes in Millions. Where does the money go. It goes over seas in someone pocket.
    NRA President slaghter the Peta represenative in a debate. Wasnt even close. I use to have the video of that debate. Funny stuff.

It good see Palin stands up for hunters and women that hunt.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
    what do you say to people when you are telling them about killing a deer and they just are disgusted with it and can't believe you would kill an innocent animal...
    Generally speaking, I don't speak to people who think like that.

But then again, I don't come to work bragging about killing animals either. Main reason being, I don't like these .

I work in an office for the most part. One time, I took off the morning to go hunting....was to report at noon. Shot a deer, gutted it, tagged it, hung and skinned it and was at work by noon. Everyone in the office was complaining about the blood all over my hands and up my forearms. My supervisor asked me what is was from, I wouldn't tell him. I just sat in my cube and panted real loud and stared at the wall the rest of the day and never blinked. People have kept out of my way ever since.

Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

what do you say to people when you are telling them about killing a deer and they just are disgusted with it and can't believe you would kill an innocent animal...

Several of my co-workers said this...

I always ask them if they have a better way for a deer to die?

The likely hood is that if it did not die at the hands of a hunter it would not have had an "easier" death "naturally" in the woods.

Death from disease or starvation during a rough winter usually means days or weeks of suffering instead of just seconds or even hours (if we make a bad shot). Sometimes "natural" death is ended by being eaten while still alive by coyotes etc.

An anti-hunter might say we should just let them die from "old age". We all know that death from old age for a deer really means that their teeth get so bad that one winter they cannot eat enough to stay healthy and they die from starvation or disease too.

We all know that life/death in the wild for deer and other wild animals is brutal and unfortunately that is the way it is. It is not like a Bambi cartoon.
    Last edited by 48down; 10-02-2008 at 11:04 AM.

I tell them If God did not want me to kill animals and eat them he should not have made them out of meat.
    In all seriousness, I just tell them that in order for me to live other things must die. Or just explain that Animals that have K9 teeth and eyes in the front are predators.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Generally speaking, I don't speak to people who think like that.

But then again, I don't come to work bragging about killing animals either. Main reason being, I don't like these .

I work in an office for the most part. One time, I took off the morning to go hunting....was to report at noon. Shot a deer, gutted it, tagged it, hung and skinned it and was at work by noon. Everyone in the office was complaining about the blood all over my hands and up my forearms. My supervisor asked me what is was from, I wouldn't tell him. I just sat in my cube and panted real loud and stared at the wall the rest of the day and never blinked. People have kept out of my way ever since.

Hook 'Em Horns

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

I wouldn't say much to them that's for sure. I'd probably just walk away and not say a word to them unless it was work related. Those type of people only lead to trouble.
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

He who eats fuzzy animals pred8er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Living within 10 miles of the real WOODSTOCK, I find that I keep my stories to my self unless asked.......

I dont want to hear the details of the arts and crafts festival, they dont want to hear the details of my blood trail.......

Not trying to be a DICK, but you are at work to work, not tell your hunting stories......

that being said, my boss and I both hunt (archery, rifle, muzzleloader), so we tell stories, back and forth about BLOOD and GUTS all the time......

just like your protected from second hand smoke, they too have the right to be protected from the things, they dont like, or feel the same about.....
    Does this mean that I have a right to be protected from glaring stupidity?
    That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.

The first thing I do is ask them what they had for lunch. If they had any kind of animal I ask them who killed it and usually that quiets them down.

All that aside, congrats on your deer!
    Athens Accomplice 34
    Extreme RT900
    Self Appointed Captain of Team Athens NJ

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

One thing that has tainted the minds of the non hunters
    which we must convince that this is a good thing and that we are not a bunch of sadistic killers
    is that Disney's gave those cute little fellars a voice and mad animals on tha same level as humans
    so politely inform them of this fact
    it helps to get them back into tha real world
    one thing that is good is not to tell all the gory details just that I harvested a a game animal
    also that they are less in cholesterol and fat than chicken
    so I hunt healthy
    even in there lack of understaning and proagranderize minds
    we must treat them with the dignity that all of humanity deserves
    not to agree with some of the horrible things people do
    respect given is respect recived
    try to do something that is not to obvious to help them out at work
    show them that hunters are a kind and caring people

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post

I don't think Javi was the only one here at Woodstock..

I guess I am just lucky. Most all my coworkers are chomping at the bit to fill their freezers with some central Texas venison.
    Hoyt Protec, Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter, Copper John Dead Nuts Pro, Scott Rhino, Beman ICS Hunter, Muzzy 4 Blade

Default ?????

If I felt like I couldn't talk about my hunting stories at work then I'd find a new job. Hey Bunny, I don't think you were trying very hard not to be a . Cause you sure sound like one. Don't worry about it Mathewsgirl, I wouldn't expect anything less from a "Yankee". You just keep whackin em and stackin em. If they can't handle you down across the Red then just move north. We dont mind good ol huntin stories, even at work.

was skinning out 2 deer Monday,woman ask me if i was ashamed i said yes i am i had a chance to shoot a 8pt buck & didn't shoot,still don't know why i let him walk.

So I guess if you were a cattle farmer .. it would be OK to kill cows... right?
    Sniper mode is on!

One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.

I usually say nothing but if i do its usually somthing like yeah but it is okay to kill chickens or cows.
    Hoyt Kobalt 57#
    26 Draw Length
    Sword Twilight Hunter
    Cobra DiamondBack
    Maxima 250`s

Quote Originally Posted by Okbowman View Post
    If I felt like I couldn't talk about my hunting stories at work then I'd find a new job. Hey Bunny, I don't think you were trying very hard not to be a . Cause you sure sound like one. Don't worry about it Mathewsgirl, I wouldn't expect anything less from a "Yankee". You just keep whackin em and stackin em. If they can't handle you down across the Red then just move north. We dont mind good ol huntin stories, even at work.
    arent you special..........
    I cut things up and split them down!