You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Shoot me!!!

Default Shoot me!!!

Well after my first day out with shakey knees, I get permission from my neighbor to hunt his 4 acres that backs up to state hunting land. Well I get up in the stand about 4:30pm. About 5:30pm a 4 point comes walking right at me. I realize now that I am not high enough and he will see me. He walks towards me and I starts to bob and weave his head, but cant see me because of some branches. I draw back and wait, he gets behind a tree where I can't see him and he can't see me. I let me draw off and wait. He walks out from behind the tree and he blocked by another tree from seeing me so I draw back. He walks to some corn that is about 20yrds away from me. He is at a slight angle but almost broad side to me. I am ready to shoot he spots me and I let it go,,,,It went right over him.....I wanted to shoot myself. I know I was really nervous and shaking. Then about 1/2 later 5 really small does come eat some corn and I just watch for a while. One was broad side to me and drew back to take it but it was dark and didnt feel good about the shot. O well hopefully next time. It was great seeing him though.

you made the right call to pass on the does. Good self control!!

Drawing on one and not shooting is a good confidence booster to help with those nerves. Just stay away from the trigger.
    FBSA Member

Another nice story. You did the right thing.
    Mathews Drenalin 65lbs, Muzzys, Vortex Binos, ,Bushnell Bow Hunter, Equalizer tree stand
    The only stupid question is the one you never asked !!.

After replaying it in my head over and over last night. I realized I was so nervous cause he spotted me and maybe rushed the shot when he looked up at me. When I was watching does and drew back on one I was very confident because they didnt see me. Well hopefully I can break away from work early this week and get back out there.