You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Had a good 3D Shoot this weekend

Went to my second 3D in a month or so. Not getting to shoot 3D is a killer for judging yardage. However, I didn't do too bad this weekend.

Blackhawk Field Archers in Shirland IL hosted the shoot this weekend. The had and "easy side" 15 targets (closer targets) and a tough side last 15 targets. The course was tough but the targets were appropriate sized for the distances. The javelinas where a little long but not too bad.

The funny thing is I only shot ok on the easy side. Then proceed to catch on fire on the last 15. By tough I'm talking small cinammon bears at 44 & 49 yards. Large Rinehart 10pt at 48+ another large deer at 49+, etc etc.

Here's the run down. Shot 150pts on the first 15 and then shot 164pts on the last 15 (they counted 12s). I wish I could do this all the time. Shot with Sam and Glen who are good guys. I think they are both headed for Metropolis this weekend.

I guess all the field shooting really paid off for the long shots. Gotta love that Apex7.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

and I would like to be the first to ask for a big round of applause for our fearless leader.....glad you you shot so well chris....good shootin!!
    I cut things up and split them down!

The problem is I can't do it all the time. Need better consistancy and that means I have too stop working so much and go shoot more often!

I really don't think it is going to be anywhere close to winning. We have some top notch shooters in the area including a Pro or two and some semi-pros. I would bet someone thru up a 330+ on that course.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Good job Chris nice to hear you are getting out and shooting a little. That A7 just screams to be shot does'nt it? Keep shooting buddy, you know what they say about all work and no play.

"HONDA"

Glad you had a good time. I set up the "hard side". Now that our field shoots are over We'll be using all 3 courses. Got some ideas on some shots it gets alittle hard to set-up with limited space. but now the hobbles are off hehehe!
    We will be having a money shoot coming up in the near future. Besides our other shoots

Dave Lee
    B.F.A. President

Default good shoot

It was definitely a step in the right direction. We had a good time!! Thanks Dave!