You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team 4

Quote Originally Posted by MagnifiedFur View Post
    Nice shooting guys...Good luck "we all need some of that" ,may the best team win...
    Nice job on your first Deer Swintj1....

Jdawg,yea it is going to be a good week...I took off also...Dude I cant wait...Seen some early evening chasing the past couple nights but I have not been able to hunt mornings and I think they are always better..Stick a Monster...
    Thanks Magnified...it was a blast. Can't wait to get back out there next year, only next year I'll hunt for a buck, not just a deer. I just had a lot of pressure on myself to get a deer this year, so rather than hunting for the two weeks I had planned, I got the doe in the first week.

Next year should be better. Can't wait! Great job guys, and good luck on your hunts in the weeks ahead. Team 4, way to go!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Well I hunted hard all weekend. Saw a ton of little bucks and 2 shooters. The shooter I saw Saturday morning was 150 yards away and heading into a bedding areas with a group of does. The shooter I saw Sunday morning was 50 yards away with a group of doe's. All directly downwind of me. The alpha doe knew something wasnt right but due to my maximun effort scent control system they never did pick me off. It was so thick inbetween me and the group of deer I didnt relize the buck was a shooter until he followed them back into the bedding area . 2 of my buddys connected on 2 year old 9 points Saturday evening. Now Im sitting here at home getting the kids off to school while the unit sleeps in today. I have 2 deer to butcher while my buddys are at work. Man Im a nice guy Really I was going to hunt but we have thunder and lighting out there this morning so Im going to take the day off from the woods. This weeks weather outlook is poor at best. 65 DEGREES AND NICE ALL WEEK Its going to make hunting tuff but o well it is what it is.
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Weekned was a good one. Saw alot of deer. Friday in the am I could have shot a Button Buck and the smallest fawn doe I had ever seen. Momma wouldn't come in the woods but I watched the little ones for 5 or more mins. at 6 and 9 yards was alot of fun. Friday pm hunt I had a 150 class behind me and couldn't get a shot. Well I had one opening but it wasn't a good shot and when I moved in the stand to get a better stance the stand squeked and he went. I have fixed the stand with a another strap and won't happen again. saw 3 Sat pm and 1 Sun Pm. The wife got busted trying to draw on one last night. She hunts on the ground and this is the first year hunting. But she was still pumped. Deer didn't blow just ran off. Daugther had a good time hunting as well even just seeing the 1 deer well out of her range she still had alot of fun. Hope everyone else weekend was a good one. Later.
    Last edited by CSS Shooter; 11-03-2008 at 07:59 AM.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Guys any luck? I've been checking this thread all week and nobody's talking. Hopefully after next week I can post a monster from Wisconsin. I really hope I see something my trigger finger is getting itchy and I've got 3 tags to fill in one week.

I don't get to hunt during the week after the time change unless I take vacation. I will be taking next friday the 14th off for hunting. I didn't get to hunt after work before the time change the corn was still in at that spot and I can't make it anywhere else in time to get setup. I have a 45 min drive 1 way to work. So just weekends for me. But it has been a good year. Have passed up 4 small deer put one nice DOE in the freezer and you all know the story of opening evening with the RAGE. I have seen deer every time I have been out knock on wood. Well good luck all and lets geter done.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff

Sorry, but haven't had a chance to get back out there. But, we'll see what late season holds for me...I might get a chance to get back out there and get us a few more points.

Keep hunting guys...we'll come out on top!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Well my 9 days of rut hunting ended up being crap. 70 degrees all week and SOUTHWEST wind to boot. Southwest is terrible for all of my rut stands. We never have southwest in November . I have some pics of some great bucks but never got a shot oppurtunity. After seeing a 150 class buck yesterday morning then a 130 class buck on the way in for lunch the bar has been raised. Seems like I have a year and a half old buck magnet stuck to my forhead this year . I couldnt get a mature buck to come within 50 yards all week. I had a 120 class buck come in from 250 yards to a snort wheeze Wednesday night. He came on the run then locked up at 50 and wouldnt come any closer. All I needed was 10 more yards I'll have one more shot middle of the week with the bow then I'll be gun hunting.
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    Well my 9 days of rut hunting ended up being crap. 70 degrees all week and SOUTHWEST wind to boot. Southwest is terrible for all of my rut stands. We never have southwest in November . I have some pics of some great bucks but never got a shot oppurtunity. After seeing a 150 class buck yesterday morning then a 130 class buck on the way in for lunch the bar has been raised. Seems like I have a year and a half old buck magnet stuck to my forhead this year . I couldnt get a mature buck to come within 50 yards all week. I had a 120 class buck come in from 250 yards to a snort wheeze Wednesday night. He came on the run then locked up at 50 and wouldnt come any closer. All I needed was 10 more yards I'll have one more shot middle of the week with the bow then I'll be gun hunting.
    Time to invest in a good target bow and get her sighted in for 50-60 yards.

Well, at least you saw some...I haven't seen a buck all year...just does everywhere...sucks!
    2007 Hoyt Vectrix

Saw another dandy 9 point this morning. All I needed was 10 yards to the right or left and he was mine...He went back the way he came . O well I decided to help out my team and took this doe insted a hour later. She couldnt let it go. She couldnt smell me outright but man did she try. Again and again. After the fourth time in a half hour of her messing with me I said enough! Not the greatest pic its off my phone but its meat in the freezer.

Team 4 - Bowhunting forum
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Way to go man. And a good table fair beast for the family. Hope you get a chance at the big boy.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff

Default Wisconsin hunt

Week in Wisconsin was a bust. Saw over 100 deer bu could not get a shot; most were in somebody else's field on the side of the road. Had 1 very big 4pt. walk to within 6ft of me while I was on the ground. I had just climbed down for the morning with the intention of finding a new set-up. As I was getting my gear togeather when I noticed movement on the trail I had benn watching. The buck walked right to my "BUCK BOMB" then it proceeded to turn and walk straight towards me & stop at a rang of 6ft. I could not get to my bow which was still tied to my pull rope beside the tree. Very akward moment, but one I will never forget. Sorry for not shooting anything to help out the team but we have a long season here in Alabama so maybe I'll connect before then. Good luck to all & good hunting.

Don't worry about it man. I seen 22 deer this weekend. Sat am I could have shoot anyone of 3 small bucks from 8 inch main beams to about a 115 inch 8 point all 10 yards on the trail in front of my stand. Then a nice doe and fawn come in and the doe never offered me a shoot. Rest of the deer thur out the weekend was to far to shoot. Did see a nice 150 to 160 inch buck. Won't be able to hunt this weekend due to shotgun weekend. Will be hunting hard Thanksgiving weekend. Have 4 days off and will be hunting 3 of them.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff

My buddy connected with a big 9 the same one he missed on October 4th. He shot him out of my window in our large box blind that we normaly hunt out of. I decided to hunt a different blind saturday O well...Now I have the flu!
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER